'24 GA CB Demello Jones (uga commit)

Right now, nobody is going to out recruit Georgia or Bama year in and year out. That is a proven fact. Our coaches realize this. We as fans should realize it as well. The goal is, or should be, to narrow the gap each year in recruiting but also on the field by out- coaching and out-developing those schools. That's easier said than done, but I think we have the right man in charge to accomplish that goal. It can't be done by trying to mimic those programs.

Last edited:
Right now, nobody is going to out recruit Georgia or Bama year in and year out. That is a proven fact. Our coaches realize this. We as fans should realize it as well. The goal is, or should be to narrow the gap each year in recruiting but also on the field by out- coaching and out-developing those schools. That's easier said than done, but I think we have the right man in charge to accomplish that goal. It can't be done by trying to mimic those programs.

Good post. Truth.

"It can't be done by trying to mimic those programs."

Heup knows what to do. It's being done, it just takes time. There has been no commitment to it since Fulmer until Heup was hired.

Right now, nobody is going to out recruit Georgia or Bama year in and year out. That is a proven fact. Our coaches realize this. We as fans should realize it as well. The goal is, or should be to narrow the gap each year in recruiting but also on the field by out- coaching and out-developing those schools. That's easier said than done, but I think we have the right man in charge to accomplish that goal. It can't be done by trying to mimic those programs.

Completely agree. But it still sucks when we lose a big time recruit to UGA.

Mello spent a lot of time after the event wrapped up with Josh Heupel and Willie Martinez. He and his family had a really good time playing cornhole with the duo. Mello will be back in June for his official visit. I think his relationship with Josh Heupel gives the Vols a long term chance here. It obviously won’t be easy to flip him from Georgia, but he does maintain that he is going to be open until he signs in December. He will be back to Tennessee during the fall at least once, too.

- Matt Ray

In the two minute drill video AP and Matt Ray were saying after all the others left this kid stayed playing cornhole with Heupel for a long time. Said he and his family had a real good time.

Would be cool to flip him from UGA.
That just tells me he likes to play cornhole. Doesn’t mean he is going to flip

Actually that tells you that the head coach spent a lot of personal one-on-one time with the recruit and his family which could go a long way in flipping him. But Marco is right. You won’t know if he is going to flip until he tells you. So just check the thread titles to look for Tennessee commit.

It tells me his building relationships. In today's recruiting world the last thing you want is to burn bridges. It's very possible it pays off down the road. That's his job and he's good at it. Cornhole today interception down the road!

It tells me his building relationships. In today's recruiting world the last thing you want is to burn bridges. It's very possible it pays off down the road. That's his job and he's good at it. Cornhole today interception down the road!

There’s a comment about cornhole and relationships I am desperately trying to refrain from making………

Reactions: Mccage
Despite four-star Demello Jones being committed to Georgia, Tennessee has continued to recruit him. He seemed to enjoy being back on campus, and the visit ended with Jones staying after the event to play cornhole with Coach Heupel.

Tennessee isn't going away and will continue to be a thorn in Georgia's side trying to flip the talented prospect.
- VolReport

VN Store

Back