Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

This week is the one Kirby and I have been waiting to do. It is one of the most interesting ones we have done and ya'll will love it. You will find out some deep thoughts about the man who this year is the best in his field. Friday morning at 5 AM.
CFA the man with the plan! Can’t wait!

Reactions: greasemachine
Just hoping we hear CFA's thoughts about Q!
CFA is so humble. He said at the Banquet that he’s embarrassed by the attention he received winning the Pitching Coach of the Year Award. He doesn’t like the limelight but loves his team and the young men. I’m not sure there’s a better staff in all of college baseball than Vitello, Elander, Anderson, and Q. Then you add in the Volunteer Coaches and Support staff and CTV has built a formula for sustained success.

I'm really not trying to bait you into listening and you might not like it as much as I did. But after doing my production work today, getting rid or coughs, background sounds, a few dead spots and adding those dreaded commercials, I am amazed listening to this podcast again. It is such a raw conversation between a baseball pitcher and his pitching coach with a dad listening in and adding a few comments here and there. Coach Anderson may have been the best at just opening up about his life, good and bad, and a lot of great stories. He is the one that so many will walk away with a different perspective of than all of the other players, parents, and coaches we have interviewed. I'm glad my son has been able to be around him every day for four years. Kirby will definitely be a better person and at some point a better coach for having been around Frank Anderson.

I'm really not trying to bait you into listening and you might not like it as much as I did. But after doing my production work today, getting rid or coughs, background sounds, a few dead spots and adding those dreaded commercials, I am amazed listening to this podcast again. It is such a raw conversation between a baseball pitcher and his pitching coach with a dad listening in and adding a few comments here and there. Coach Anderson may have been the best at just opening up about his life, good and bad, and a lot of great stories. He is the one that so many will walk away with a different perspective of than all of the other players, parents, and coaches we have interviewed. I'm glad my son has been able to be around him every day for four years. Kirby will definitely be a better person and at some point a better coach for having been around Frank Anderson.
There’s a reason that MLB scouts rave about CFA and CTV made him his priority and most important hire. Really looking forward to this podcast. PS. I meant to tell Kirby how much I have enjoyed the Stache Talk podcast when I saw him at the Banquet. Please tell him for me. 🍊👍😀👊😃🍊

The podcast Frank Anderson is the one I have known. The one last year was unusual to me except, as he said, I knew he just saw himself protecting the players. We have talked family, church and stuff. Very rarely baseball. He always asks me what I am preaching or preached. I love the guy.

The podcast Frank Anderson is the one I have known. The one last year was unusual to me except, as he said, I knew he just saw himself protecting the players. We have talked family, church and stuff. Very rarely baseball. He always asks me what I am preaching or preached. I love the guy.
The talk of spirituality rolls off his tongue with ease... Sincere.

Reactions: greasemachine
Thank you preacherman 20 and Kirby for publishing these podcasts. I have not yet listened to every single one of them, but every one I have listened to has been great. I listened today to Frank Anderson, and could listen to him all day. It is easy to understand why he is an elite coach/leader/mentor. Not at all what I would have expected, but not surprising considering the impact he has had on the game in his career.

I really enjoy hearing these baseball stories and perspective. It is great to get a glimpse of the team off the field......but for baseball junkies it is also just very entertaining. So thanks for taking the time to do it. As long as y'all keep publishing them, we will listen.

Tomorrow's podcast has a comment just for txbo. You might like Kirby's plan for bunting, if you like any plan for bunting. You will have to listen to see. We do a full breakdown of the 2023 roster and Kirby's thoughts on each player along with some other info and a few stats.

Tomorrow's podcast has a comment just for txbo. You might like Kirby's plan for bunting, if you like any plan for bunting. You will have to listen to see. We do a full breakdown of the 2023 roster and Kirby's thoughts on each player along with some other info and a few stats.

LOL! Looking forward to it. We'll meet back here tomorrow to discuss it.

Reactions: volz2wallz
Really enjoyed that podcast. So a few comments.....

1) Did not know Kirby was a switch hitter.
2) I felt like Kirby was messing with me personally. LOL
3) Enjoyed Kirby's self-deprecating humor.
4) In the scope of one's life, At Bats are rare. When presented, swing for the fences. When the last chapter of your life has been written, your biggest regrets will be the times you laid one down.

Just imagine this call from Wilky.....

It's the bottom of the 9th, Wright State leads Tennessee 8-5. Bases are loaded. Nobody out and Drew Gilbert comes to the plate. Gilbert shows bunt and the infield plays in. Gilbert bunts down the 3rd base line...........

How much would that suck?

Reactions: @1RBFjr

VN Store

Back