Guitars.. What you got?

Hoe much yoiu asking for the PRS? I might have an interest.

6 bills

I finally understand the THR question - I have the 10 second generation. I really like the grill on the first generation but the capabilities of the second gen were worth the aesthetic change. Also have the Line 6 G10T - wireless transmitter which was a little hard to set up but worked like a charm.

Reactions: Orangeburst
6 bills

I finally understand the THR question - I have the 10 second generation. I really like the grill on the first generation but the capabilities of the second gen were worth the aesthetic change. Also have the Line 6 G10T - wireless transmitter which was a little hard to set up but worked like a charm.

83DEA17F-994A-4497-A918-A4C72DDC4C30.jpeg

this is the original design - I like it better but the newer ones have been tech

ttfqbkszrcpqg9vnh7ya.jpg

I think that's right - the grill looked very Art Deco. Great amps though - I see you to the wireless too.

I debated getting a new amp few years ago as all I have are a 1980's vintage JCM800 50W Combo (bought at a pawn shop in Huntsville about 1996 for $300) and like a 1962 Gibson Falcon.
Wanted to buy a tubed VOX or a tweed Fender, but heard the Yamaha and thought it offered tone of flexibility without a bunch of pedals.
Plus it is light.

My 11 year old son is a beginner but loves Metallica and has really been wanting an ESP LTD Snakebyte guitar (Hetfield model). He's an only grandchild and that seems to be paying off because my folks got him one for Christmas. I told them it was too much...but he had such a huge shocked/excited reaction when he opened the case. It has definitely motivated him to practice a lot more. Definitely not my style of guitar, so he doesn't have to worry about dad playing it.
Screenshot_20221227_162708_Samsung Internet.jpg

My 11 year old son is a beginner but loves Metallica and has really been wanting an ESP LTD Snakebyte guitar (Hetfield model). He's an only grandchild and that seems to be paying off because my folks got him one for Christmas. I told them it was too much...but he had such a huge shocked/excited reaction when he opened the case. It has definitely motivated him to practice a lot more. Definitely not my style of guitar, so he doesn't have to worry about dad playing it.
View attachment 527048
That is BA

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
View attachment 527048

When I see a kid with a guitar it reminds of how cool this must have been for that family. Buck just killing some time at his friend’s place when his flight was delayed.

View attachment 527048
awesome! Keep teaching them while they’re young.

I can barely play the radio. But all four of my sons play piano and one started playing the guitar a year ago. He now has two strats, a tele, an Ibanez, a generic bass, and two acoustics. So apparently they are somewhat addictive.

My son's new-found love of playing the electric guitar has sparked my interest back up in plugging in. I sold my last electric guitar and amp almost seven years ago as I only had interest in playing fingerstyle acoustic guitar. That's really not something I can teach my son, so I've taken the dive back into the electric world. Just got the Les Paul last week and am playing on a 3rd Power Wooly Coats combo until my new 3rd Power Kitchen Sink amp head gets built (already have the 2x12 cab). Having a blast trying to remember all the stuff I used to play growing up...and trying to figure out the stuff my son asks me to play.
20230206_163101.jpg
20230206_163220.jpg

Anybody else pick up some new gear lately? I finally got my 3rd Power amp head on Saturday and also managed to pick up an '05 American Deluxe Stratocaster in candy tangerine the day before (great deal, but it needed a good cleaning and set-up). This is by far the best amp I've ever played through. Ignore the dirty carpet from me tracking in yard debris...I should grab a vacuum but I keep grabbing the guitar instead.
20230306_174538.jpg

Anybody have some pedals they love to use? My experience with pedals in the past is limited to a distortion pedal and wah pedal. I'm thinking about getting a combo reverb and delay pedal to do some ambient stuff on my clean channel and would be interested in hearing what pedals this group recommends (any effect, not just reverb/delay).

Anybody have some pedals they love to use? My experience with pedals in the past is limited to a distortion pedal and wah pedal. I'm thinking about getting a combo reverb and delay pedal to do some ambient stuff on my clean channel and would be interested in hearing what pedals this group recommends (any effect, not just reverb/delay).
The main pedal I use (I'm primarily an acoustic guitar player) is a Boss RC-5 looper pedal. It's extremely useful for practicing by yourself or when you're trying to compose a new song.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
Been screwing around for about a month now, at least 20 minutes a day. I'll never be good but man what a difference when you find a curriculum that works for your brain.

I'm not doing it with dreams of being David Abeyta, just to be fundamental enough to have fun singing to my dog and people too drunk to care if I'm good.enough

I am pretty bare bones..I bought that Yamaha THR, but Tube Screamer is only pedal I own and use with an old Marshall tube amp and LPS. Used to have a Rockman for the chorus. But that is all the effects I would use..TS, Reverb and Chorus. Delay pedal would good as well.

After 40+ years..never been a gear head..I gotta get me a Strat though..cant believe I never pulled the trigger.

So I have got to where I can play basic chords fairly cleanly, so my practice is just some strumming patterns and changing chords more or less randomly.

My problem is that I start to rush, it's a mental block that's gonna hurt going forward.

So I have got to where I can play basic chords fairly cleanly, so my practice is just some strumming patterns and changing chords more or less randomly.

My problem is that I start to rush, it's a mental block that's gonna hurt going forward.
Taking breaks helps me clear my head and simplifies whatever I was practicing

Well...swapped the pickups in the Les Paul to some Tyson Tone Precious & Grace PAF pickups and it sounded fantastic. Much better than the stock pickups. Couldn't quite figure out why, but I just couldn't bond with it...so I sold it and got something more familiar. This 2019 Paul Reed Smith McCarty 594 singlecut just came in today and I couldn't be happier. My last PRS was a 2011 SC 245 where they had swapped over to the two piece bridge and 57/08 pickups...like the SC 58. This feels and sounds a lot like it.

Also, took out the noiseless pickups in my strat and replaced them with Bare Knuckle 63 Veneer Boards and they are ridiculously good. Can't recommend those enough.

20230427_181720.jpg

VN Store

Back