Guitars.. What you got?

I had forgotten about this thread. My son's been playing over a year now and has added three more electric guitars: a Fender American Strat, PRS SE McCarty 594, and a Gibson Les Paul Special in TV yellow. The Gibson was a late Christmas gift decision because my wife and I became permanent guardians of one of my son's friends that was being raised by his grandfather who unfortunately passed away this summer. It was a big change at home for my son and he handled it really well, so we wanted to reward him. It also probably helps that I grew up playing several cheap guitars...they were BAD back in the day, huge improvement now...and he's benefiting.

I had forgotten about this thread. My son's been playing over a year now and has added three more electric guitars: a Fender American Strat, PRS SE McCarty 594, and a Gibson Les Paul Special in TV yellow. The Gibson was a late Christmas gift decision because my wife and I became permanent guardians of one of my son's friends that was being raised by his grandfather who unfortunately passed away this summer. It was a big change at home for my son and he handled it really well, so we wanted to reward him. It also probably helps that I grew up playing several cheap guitars...they were BAD back in the day, huge improvement now...and he's benefiting.
you should of seen my old Hondo II coupled with a super crappy amp, man what a piece of crap,but got me started for 2 years.

haha..this is it

1706570085489.jpeg

My second.,a Lawsuit Japanese Masada LP copy with DiMarzio replica pickups. The easiest playing guitar I ever have played..almost too easy

btw..jazzguitar website is fantastic resource for learning.lscales, arpeggios, maybe triads, theory.

Was in the game back when I was a "kid" now getting back again and was looking at a Taylor 214...any thoughts or anything else...budget us about $700

Was in the game back when I was a "kid" now getting back again and was looking at a Taylor 214...any thoughts or anything else...budget us about $700
Even the budget Taylors are nice. I just took my GS mini on vacation, and it's got a great sound for its size and price. The 214 is a very capable instrument.

My longtime sweetheart is my 614.

One day, I'll get a Taylor 12. Kids in college kind of have that on standby.

Even the budget Taylors are nice. I just took my GS mini on vacation, and it's got a great sound for its size and price. The 214 is a very capable instrument.

My longtime sweetheart is my 614.

One day, I'll get a Taylor 12. Kids in college kind of have that on standby.
whats a Taylor 12?

1706759970758.jpeg

kind of better look at Masada. Nice fingerboard and impeccable frets, stainless steel inlays, bolt on neck. First pic the upper body looked funky. I dont know what made it so great, but perception back then was Japanese products wereconsidered inferior, but in reality were better.

Wish I still had it but sold to old friend who I speak to occasionally.

I got the Koa model but really like the mahogany look better. Koa patterns are all different and didntget exactly what I wanted, Sounds good though. loud little guy
Cool thing is that it fits as a carry-on bag. The pilot actually offered the front closet on the way home.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I got the Koa model but really like the mahogany look better. Koa patterns are all different and didntget exactly what I wanted, Sounds good though. loud little guy
I once played a GS mini at guitar center that was louder than many dreadnoughts I’ve encountered. Needless to say, it had sold by the time I made it back to guitar center afterwards.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I once played a GS mini at guitar center that was louder than many dreadnoughts I’ve encountered. Needless to say, it had sold by the time I made it back to guitar center afterwards.
yea that is why I jumped on the Koa that was not ideal. Each Koa is different. Think I posted it in here about 5 years ago,

VN Store

Back