Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on why we aren't ever a player for the big name NIL guys (aside from Bru McCoy)? The guys we have got, have helped with depth.. however it would great to snag a couple difference makers

Optimists are blind, but it us not their fault, they absolutely NEVER take Murphy's Law into account....that is why you get situations like Gallipoli and other natural and man made disasters.

For the record...I did not say we are going to win 6-7 next year. I said it was definitely possible if several things don't work out positively.

If I was one of these blind optimists and thought everything "was just going to work out for the best", then I would say 11-1 is legitimately on the table, and if I was to totally give in to my pessimistic nature and just look at the multitude of things that can go disastrously wrong, then I would say a 6-7 win campaign is likely.

I'm going to split that difference because Heupel has given me confidence that everything that can go wrong will not go wrong under his leadership, and 8-9 wins is the likely outcome.
You ARE a probabilistic and statistical SOB at heart...I knew it.

You recognize the odds of the middle outcomes are most likely, but also fully accept there IS a chance of total disaster (some would have bet their life on not going 4-8 in 2017...but a probabilistic SOB would have advised against betting one's life on a possible outcome...), but also accept everything can go right and even 12-0 is possible...just very unlikely.

"Every possible series of events is happening at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something you’ve seen before"

freaks-one-of-us (1).gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It could be both, you know?

Step one, that guy breaks his neck.

Step two, this video is entered in evidence.

Step three, guy in gray sweatshirt goes away for an awfully long time.

Continue stupid games... Get stupid prizes.
Not defending either side but big boy was wearing a packers shirt, an eagles hat, and bears scarf. I think he got up that morning looking for trouble.

Meanwhile, @engineerVOL 's house....

Meh we’ll be alright
1671819423170.gif

Weller 12 was $249. ☹️
Stagg was $179
The Weller cypb was $799
Elemer T Lee was $249
Pappy 10 was $800 or maybe $899.
Pappy 12 was $1199
Pappy 15 was $1799
That's all I recall.
They are seriously selling those bottles for that much?

Said lawyer would need to have someone on the take to ignore the part just before said a-hole is pried from his cowering position and tossed backward down a couple of dozen stairs. The penalty for being a drunk a-hole is not a broken neck. i.e. words != tossed down stairs. Citizens are held to higher standards per physical violence than they are words.
Where are you seeing this “cowering position”? End result is no broken neck. Smells like misdemeanor assault…at worst. Depending on the DA in that area, could be plead down way further. If it’s Illinois, they’ll give him a medal.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was swimming in an orange ocean……

It was a Fanta sea. :confused:
Learn the ways of lucid dreaming and you could've drank all that sweet, sweet Fanta...or some really weird wet dream would have ensued with the sea of Fanta...it can still be pretty unpredictable even when lucid 🥳🤣

If he can fix his issues then I'd say 9 wins. If he continues to look the same, then yes 6-7 wins is definitely possible.

Joe is going to have to get more consistent if we want to lead the nation in scoring again. If not, we will have a long season.
Imo...Joe and the OL(and to a somewhat lesser degree..LB)are the two keys to having another great season. I figure all other things on offense will be pretty much be equal to this year.

I don't figure the defense across the board being much better or worse either one for this coming season....I do think they could improve to a really really good defense by the next season.

It all depends on replacing our coming OL holes, and Milton exploding. I don't "expect" Milton to blow up...but Cam Newton level results are definitely in his realm of potential possibility...if he does blow up and all that prodigious talent is unlocked and unleashed on CFB....ANYTHING is possible...even the National Championship.

Reactions: OrangenSC and UTJoe
Both should be arrested, but the dude that pushed should be charged with attempted murder, no matter how you swing it.

What were Tank's charges for supposedly throwing a drunk down some stairs? And there wasn't even video proof

Like Tank, both fools should be suspended from future Packers games until investigation is over

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Probably looking at manslaughter. Hope they're not charging by the pound or you're done.
Is he DEAD?
the crime of killing a human being without maliceaforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amountingto murder.
"the defendant was convicted of manslaughter"

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back