Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, watching Georgia and Bama clean up on NSD and get all these transfers makes me think the hope of parity via NIL and the transfer portal is still a few years off. Maybe going to the 12 team playoff will fix it.

I still think it’s great Tennessee and other schools have full rosters when they compete against them on the field. That should yield a few more upsets along the way, as it did this year. Need that to happen with more frequency going forward to knock them down a peg.

The Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson stranglehold is just fundamentally boring and evidence of a broken system.
NIL was never about parity

Trying to catch up this morning and I'm at the bourbon part of conversation.
Can someone explain the difference between small batch and barrel proof?

Been drinking a long time but not an aficionado!

Reactions: SmokinBob
maybe it’s just the negavol in me talking, but im worried that since Nicos best friend committed to oregon he may transfer to oregon after this year if he doesn’t get playing time, cause remember he was a oregon lean until the spring time

I feel like if it was that important to Nico, then the staff would have taken his commitment to make sure Nico stays.

I could definitely see us regress from this year. Hooker and Hyatt combo was special. And, we do have fixes coming for the Defense but that's going to take time. Seven wins is in the realm of possibility. Hopefully, we pick up some more seasoned defensive players before next year.
Optimists are blind, but it us not their fault, they absolutely NEVER take Murphy's Law into account....that is why you get situations like Gallipoli and other natural and man made disasters.

For the record...I did not say we are going to win 6-7 next year. I said it was definitely possible if several things don't work out positively.

If I was one of these blind optimists and thought everything "was just going to work out for the best", then I would say 11-1 is legitimately on the table, and if I was to totally give in to my pessimistic nature and just look at the multitude of things that can go disastrously wrong, then I would say a 6-7 win campaign is likely.

I'm going to split that difference because Heupel has given me confidence that everything that can go wrong will not go wrong under his leadership, and 8-9 wins is the likely outcome.

Trying to catch up this morning and I'm at the bourbon part of conversation.
Can someone explain the difference between small batch and barrel proof?

Been drinking a long time but not an aficionado!
Two totally different things. Small batch means the blends are from smaller numbers of barrels. Supposedly they choose the best barrels. Then they can be diluted to a desired proof. Barrel proof means its been bottled at whatever the barrel had in it with no dilution. It can be small batch, or larger batch, or single barrel. Single barrel means it's not blended and it could be barrel proof or diluted to a certain desired proof.

Optimists are blind, but it us not their fault, they absolutely NEVER take Murphy's Law into account....that is why you get situations like Gallipoli and other natural and man made disasters.

For the record...I did not say we are going to win 6-7 next year. I said it was definitely possible if several things don't work out positively.

If I was one of these blind optimists and thought everything "was just going to work out for the best", then I would say 11-1 is legitimately on the table, and if I was to totally give in to my pessimistic nature and just look at the multitude of things that can go disastrously wrong, then I would say a 6-7 win campaign is likely.

I'm going to split that difference because Heupel has given me confidence that less things will go wrong under his leadership, that everything that can go wrong will not go wrong under him, and 8-9 wins is the likely outcome.

If he can fix his issues then I'd say 9 wins. If he continues to look the same, then yes 6-7 wins is definitely possible.

Joe is going to have to get more consistent if we want to lead the nation in scoring again. If not, we will have a long season.

No! I’m not ready to start worrying about it yet! Let’s do the bowl and spring game then see who else comes in and who transfers out. No need to even think about it until fall camp.
Have you not heard what everybody has been screaming at me? This stupid bowl is meaningless. It is just a worthless exhibition, so who cares who plays or what happens...🤷‍♂️

maybe it’s just the negavol in me talking, but im worried that since Nicos best friend committed to oregon he may transfer to oregon after this year if he doesn’t get playing time, cause remember he was a oregon lean until the spring time
Or maybe his best friend transfers to Tennessee.

Two totally different things. Small batch means the blends are from smaller numbers of barrels. Supposedly they choose the best barrels. Then they can be diluted to a desired proof. Barrel proof means its been bottled at whatever the barrel had in it with no dilution. It can be small batch, or larger batch, or single barrel. Single barrel means it's not blended and it could be barrel proof or diluted to a certain desired proof.
I’m beginning to think your a raging alcoholic 🤣

I want to give a huge shout out to @VolsDoc81TX
When I mentioned my girlfriend was having back trouble and got a really bad MRI report, he reached out privately and we discussed what was going on and how it was affecting her marathon goals.
He provided some resources, recommended treatment options and most all calming reassurance that the results were not as bad her doc initially hinted at.
She has been following many of the exercises VolsDoc recommended along with being diligent in her PT and has let the Tokyo Marathon deferral period pass, meaning she is feeling good enough to press forward towards the challenge.

Can't thank you enough. She was getting some bad advice and your advice changed the course and the mindset.

You’re welcome!
Glad that she is improving.
Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back