Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
entertainment-blogs-obsessed-2012-12-24-atrn.gif
I will not let y'all's cyber-bullying bring me down! You hear me Glitch! Your words may hurt me severely, but I will go on!

5370fdfde0b0a81e1eb075554c78eb58.jpg

Fill me in, I haven’t been on since my fiancé usurped me in popularity within 5 minutes of creating her account 😎

Have you checked with @edythehut to see if it was alright if you post? We will wait for her approval before responding to you further.....

home-office-busy.gif

Y'all are forgetting about Shuler. I'm not sure why but everyone forgets that before Peyton, Heath was snubbed. Not sure why everyone remembers those before and after Heath but forgets Heath. However, Heath getting snubbed was one of the biggest reasons why people were so outraged when Peyton got snubbed. Peyton had broken most of Heath's records and it was like 'there's nothing more a mortal can do' and that's when the narrative shifted to name a defensive player for the first time.

The Heisman is like running for office. There's a reason they're called campaigns. For someone to win it, they have to have friendly media and voters campaigning on their behalf. That's something that Tennessee just doesn't have right now. We've been down so long that all it took was one loss for everyone to forget about us. That's why BAMA was ranked ahead and why the Stetson got an invite despite being an efficient but pretty terrible QB.

4 Tennessee Volunteers have been runner-up for the Heisman. The first was Hank Lauricella in 1951. Then came Johnny Majors in 1956. Fast forward to the '90's and we had Heath in 1993, and Peyton in 1997.

It's hard to argue Heath was "robbed" because statistically, Charlie Ward had a better season. Peyton and Johnny were definitely robbed, though the fact the Heisman didn't consider black players in 1956 meant many players that were deserving were left out. I don't know enough about the 1951 season to make a call on whether or not Hank Lauricella was robbed.

This sentiment seems to follow my fiancé around wherever he goes. No clue why—as I’m sure you all know, he’s a very agreeable and optimistic man… 😂
So, tell us more about you. All we know so far is you have questionable judgement in men and you're looking for suitable baby name suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back