Big 10 biases are alive and well

I hope OSU crushes Georgia.

Me too. Just for the pleasure of watching everyone stumble over themselves about schedules. Just because the SEC is almost always the best conference, that doesn't mean other conferences are bad or that good teams can't exist in other conferences.

I don't know why people is sleeping on Ohio State. They have finished in the top 5 in recruiting the last 3 years and finished 7th in 2019. They are every bit as talented as UGA.

I'm just looking forward to TCU getting obliterated and for Tennesee and Bama to cruise in their bowl games. SEC got screwed this year for sure. I cant wait until they actually stop putting in cupcake teams that lose year after year in the playoffs over real football programs. It's embarrassing.
The SEC did NOT get screwed and that's an awful take. TCU deserves to be there. No other team in the SEC had less than 2 losses. That leaves the SEC with only one team qualified for the playoffs. Not hard to understand.

Reactions: Sarms58
Me too. Just for the pleasure of watching everyone stumble over themselves about schedules. Just because the SEC is almost always the best conference, that doesn't mean other conferences are bad or that good teams can't exist in other conferences.

I don't know why people is sleeping on Ohio State. They have finished in the top 5 in recruiting the last 3 years and finished 7th in 2019. They are every bit as talented as UGA.

Why do people sleep on teams like Ohio State and Michigan?

Because teams from the south have won 18 of last 19 National Championships. 94% of the time...the south wins in football.

So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.

I actually think it's the right decision. Regardless of the teams/conferences, if you have two teams from the same conference in a 4-team playoff and one is undefeated while the other has a single loss to the undefeated team, they shouldn't be matched up in the semifinals IMO. Imagine if we hadn't lost to USC and slid into the playoffs only to be matched against Georgia in the semis...

The SEC did NOT get screwed and that's an awful take. TCU deserves to be there. No other team in the SEC had less than 2 losses. That leaves the SEC with only one team qualified for the playoffs. Not hard to understand.

Yes they did. The SEC got screwed for playing SEC teams and losing. Put Georgia, Alabama. LSU, Florida, USCe, Kentucky on TCU or any Big 12 schedule then they would have more than 1 loss.

The better teams were left out. And this will be proven right once TCU takes a drubbing against Michigan. This is always the case.

Bottom line is a 4 playoff structure is heavily flawed and having more teams will make this a much fairer experience.

Most semi-final games have not been close. Maybe four out of sixteen. One in the past three years.

I would have been fine with going direct to Georgia vs. Michigan.

So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.
We had that with BCS but threw it away.

VN Store

Back