Big 10 biases are alive and well

Not crying at all. I predicted the exact seeding earlier this morning.

I’m just saying that Tennessee, Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss would beat TCU.
So would everyone in the SEC........Big12 doesn't play anyone. Right?:rolleyes:

Reactions: BreatheUT
Clearly TCU should have dropped to 4 but they didn't want Ohio St. Michigan again in round one for purely political reasons.
I wondered this myself. I was thinking TCU would drop to 4 and the two big ten schools would play. Guess they are hoping for an all big ten championship. I don’t see that happening. I think they are protecting TCU by not letting them play Georgia.

I have watched exactly one TCU game this year, the Big 12 Championship, and, even though they lost, TCU certainly didn't look like a cakewalk.

I’ve watched them play a few times. They are gritty but I don’t think they have the ability to beat a top team.

Been too many games that they should’ve ran away with and had to come back from double digits to win.

If that happens against Michigan, I don’t see TCU making that comeback.

My prediction is Ohio St is going to be seriously dissed going into their game against Georgia and will play Georgia really tough maybe even beat them. Go Buckeyes!!! They def have the talent to play with Georgia

Man...it really sucks to be really bad for a long, long time and then be only 6th in the country with the possibility of being 3rd at the end of the year. Such hardships.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
If they didn’t pick TCU it was bias

They did but now it’s b-10 bias

Not sure I understand this thread. The top 4 teams got in. Bama did not nor should they have.

When it comes to picking the four BEST teams, we have ended up with:

number 1, probably number 7, maybe !2, and perhaps 18.

But, I'm ok with that because wee little nicky saban is on the outside looking in during his final year.

So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.

Do you really think one extra week is the difference here? what's the alternative? having OSU play UM again, and GA vs TCU? if all possible, committee would prefer not to have 2 teams from same conference play in semis.

As much as some people on this board are complaining, committee knows SEC is the strongest and if all possible, would have positive bias of SEC over big10.

2018 1-loss OSU had 1 bad loss against unranked Purdue earlier in the season, won out rest and big 10 championship game, didn't make playoff
2017 1-loss UGA had 1 really bad loss against 10th ranked Auburn pretty late in the season, won out rest and SEC, made playoff as no.3 seed

I'd say 9 out 10, if there were 1-loss SEC champ, they'd make it

The committee got the top 4 in the correct order. We can argue about the rest of it, but the top 4 is right on the money.
I respectfully beg to differ. They made political choices.
USC loses and falls.
TCU loses and stays in the exact same slot.
I am actually okay with the 4 teams that they selected. Really, I am!
But let's not pretend that they actually put the best four teams there ... they may have put the teams that with the best records there; I'll vote for that.
Let's look at previous precedent...
Tennessee's first loss to #1 Georgia and TN dropped 3 spots.
Ohio States first loss to top 4 ranked Michigan and they dropped 3 spots.
TCU first loss to 11th ranked Kansas State and they stayed right where they were in the rankings?!?!? No! Come on now!!!
You can slice the bread any way you want ... that is NOT consistent treatment.
If you want to put teams in based on record ... fine. Then let's say that the teams with the best record are going into the CFP.

So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.
So how is it Big10 bias?? By the CFP rules 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. OSU gets to play the number 1 team and that is biased? If by some miracle they win then they will probably face #2 Michigan that just destroyed them on their home field. Some of you need some head meds.

Reactions: VolPack22
I respectfully beg to differ. They made political choices.
USC loses and falls.
TCU loses and stays in the exact same slot.
I am actually okay with the 4 teams that they selected. Really, I am!
But let's not pretend that they actually put the best four teams there ... they may have put the teams that with the best records there; I'll vote for that.
Let's look at previous precedent...
Tennessee's first loss to #1 Georgia and TN dropped 3 spots.
Ohio States first loss to top 4 ranked Michigan and they dropped 3 spots.
TCU first loss to 11th ranked Kansas State and they stayed right where they were in the rankings?!?!? No! Come on now!!!
You can slice the bread any way you want ... that is NOT consistent treatment.
If you want to put teams in based on record ... fine. Then let's say that the teams with the best record are going into the CFP.
TCU didn’t fall because that was their first loss of the season and it was a 3 point OT championship game loss against a top 10 opponent. They also have several quality wins to back up their resume. USC had an opportunity to avenge a loss and get in. Instead they got their doors blown off. I think I had the top 10 exactly as the committee did, other than Tennessee and Alabama being flipped. You can’t be putting 2-loss teams ahead of 1-loss teams unless that 2-loss team is clearly better and has a conference championship. TCU deserved to be there and you can’t really make an argument for anyone other than Ohio St for the last spot. I want Tennessee in there as much as anyone but in my unbiased opinion, they got the top 4 right.

Go Buckeyes (even though that makes me want to 🤮). And then Go Blue because TCU ain’t beating Georgia. Rooting for anyone to beat those mangy mutts.

TCU didn’t fall because that was their first loss of the season and it was a 3 point OT championship game loss against a top 10 opponent. They also have several quality wins to back up their resume. USC had an opportunity to avenge a loss and get in. Instead they got their doors blown off. I think I had the top 10 exactly as the committee did, other than Tennessee and Alabama being flipped. You can’t be putting 2-loss teams ahead of 1-loss teams unless that 2-loss team is clearly better and has a conference championship. TCU deserved to be there and you can’t really make an argument for anyone other than Ohio St for the last spot. I want Tennessee in there as much as anyone but in my unbiased opinion, they got the top 4 right.
I'm not trying to get Tennessee in the top 4.
I am making the argument that the committee did not approach the scoring of initial losses with the same measuring stick.
Kansas State is NOW a top 10 team.
But OSU lost to Michigan a TOP 5 team and OSU dropped 3 spots!!! AND that was there ONLY loss to the #2 ranked team.
TCU's first loss did not drop them EVEN one position ...

I have watched exactly one TCU game this year, the Big 12 Championship, and, even though they lost, TCU certainly didn't look like a cakewalk.

Not a cakewalk but I expect Michigan to do to them what Bama did to Cincinnati last year - just run the ball all day long and probably win by a score of 27-17. I don’t think TCU can take the physicality the Michigan OL will bring so it will be an old school game. But the Michigan QB this year can pass when he needs to - an upgrade over last year.

VN Store

Back