Big 10 biases are alive and well

EconVol92

So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.

Reactions: Remy and vavolfan6
So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.
Do you really think that OSU getting an extra week against UGA will make a difference? Oh, the drama on this board.

But of course, there is no SEC bias is there?

Do you really think that OSU getting an extra week against UGA will make a difference? Oh, the drama on this board.

It’s more that TCU should have dropped as their loss was to a non top 10 team and at the very least Michigan lost to a top ranked team.

I don’t even want to get started on why the teams are ranked as that would have to be a novel that no one including me would want to read.

It’s more that TCU should have dropped as their loss was to a non top 10 team and at the very least Michigan lost to a top ranked team.

I don’t even want to get started on why the teams are ranked as that would have to be a novel that no one including me would want to read.

Clearly TCU should have dropped to 4 but they didn't want Ohio St. Michigan again in round one for purely political reasons.

Lol. Grow up and quit crying. The top 4 teams are in the playoffs.

But of course, there is no SEC bias is there?

I think that has been earned on the field just about every year in head to head match ups, has it not?

Do you not feel that if a series was set up of 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and so on that the SEC would win more of the games?

Lol. Grow up and quit crying. The top 4 teams are in the playoffs.

Not crying at all. I predicted the exact seeding earlier this morning.

I’m just saying that Tennessee, Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss would beat TCU.

The committee got the top 4 in the correct order. We can argue about the rest of it, but the top 4 is right on the money.

Reactions: 08Vol and vol94

Kansas State was ranked 10th yesterday, so they’re loss was to a top-ten team. And TCU has a superior resume compared to Ohio State. The committee got the teams and seeding right.

Clearly TCU should have dropped to 4 but they didn't want Ohio St. Michigan again in round one for purely political reasons.

I disagree as I don’t think can you move an idle Ohio St two spots - 5 to 3.

Plus TCU beat ranked teams this yr with its only loss being in overtime in a conf championship game.

What makes you so certain Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss would beat TCU? Alabama was a 7 or 8 win team masquerading as a 10 win team. LSU lost to the worst team in the conference. Ole Miss lost to all the halfway decent teams they played. Heck, Tennessee would have a tough time with TCU. I think that game is a toss up between us and I honestly wouldn’t expect to beat them with Joe Milton. With Hooker is a different story.

I have watched exactly one TCU game this year, the Big 12 Championship, and, even though they lost, TCU certainly didn't look like a cakewalk.
They didn't look very good against Texas; both sides looked like mid-tier SEC teams. They looked a lot better last night.

Reactions: 08Vol

It’s either out Ohio State in or Bama in. Who would you had preferred?

TCU deserves to be there. Alabama probably beats TCU. Tennessee with Hooker could. But they've earned their spot. Tennessee didn't.

Reactions: GoVolunteers

VN Store

Back