Big 10 biases are alive and well

Joe I usually agree with you but living in buckeye land I'll have to disagree lol I hope ohio state loses by fiddy.
It's all perception my friend. Many don't understand why I'd pull for anyone over Georgia, but a few of you do because you hate the team where you live that much 🤣. I'd prefer TCU win it all, but I just don't see it.

I'm not trying to get Tennessee in the top 4.
I am making the argument that the committee did not approach the scoring of initial losses with the same measuring stick.
Kansas State is NOW a top 10 team.
But OSU lost to Michigan a TOP 5 team and OSU dropped 3 spots!!! AND that was there ONLY loss to the #2 ranked team.
TCU's first loss did not drop them EVEN one position ...

I would just give up - some folks for some reason can't see that the committee did not use the same criteria for all teams. A loss is a loss and should be treated as such when it happens.

Both OSU and TN dropped to 5 with their first loss to other teams in the top 4. TCU benefited from losing on the last day possible - but it should not be that way. If TCU really was the worthy team some are making them out to be - they would have won their conference championship. UGA and UM did.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
I'm just looking forward to TCU getting obliterated and for Tennesee and Bama to cruise in their bowl games. SEC got screwed this year for sure. I cant wait until they actually stop putting in cupcake teams that lose year after year in the playoffs over real football programs. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It's all perception my friend. Many don't understand why I'd pull for anyone over Georgia, but a few of you do because you hate the team where you live that much 🤣. I'd prefer TCU win it all, but I just don't see it.
I'd like to see tcu win it all also. You and I in same boat. We can't put up with our home state fans.

The committee has a lean of B10 but OSU deserved their place over definitely Ala & Tennessee due to the sC debacle.

So, Michigan gets a cakewalk game against TCU and Ohio State gets an extra week of rest against Georgia.

I don’t think that with 12 teams there is a doubt that you get the best teams as I think that 8 would get that done much more often than not.

Some sort is scoring criteria is needed as you should not be rewarded for playing cupcakes all year and 3 of the 4 teams this year have done that and played a much easier schedule than any SEC team this year.
Wait big10 bias? How so? What other SEC team deserved to be in over OSU or TCU? UGA basically has a homegame against OSU and TCU plays Michigan in Arizona.

The committee did play around and keep TCU at 3 when they shoulda dropped to 4 but meh. It was a close overtime loss and no one wanted to see OSU vs Michigan first round.

I think given how everything turned out this is the best case. No one really has something legit to complain about in this bowl season at the top end at least. We got a primetime game all to ourselves on the 30th vs noon on new years eve. We play in a game that will have some hype and storylines and will definitely be worth watching because we need to know what to look forward to for next season. Who replaces Golesh? Can Milton show he can run the offense? How many people sit out and who steps up in their places? Do we win the battle of oranges and shut Dabo up? Triple orange in effect.. do we win the fresh squeezed orange crown? Do the players on the winning team get nil deals with Tropicana?

I'm just looking forward to TCU getting obliterated and for Tennesee and Bama to cruise in their bowl games. SEC got screwed this year for sure. I cant wait until they actually stop putting in cupcake teams that lose year after year in the playoffs over real football programs. It's embarrassing.
What? Gotta be kidding me. Nobody is any good unless they are in the SEC. Right?

I swear the SEC should just form their own NCAA division, and claim the winner National Champs.

I'm being a d!ck here ;), but UT beat a bad LSU team, with a loss to a crappy team from the weak a$$ ACC, and a Bama team without one quality win. So ..............who did UT actually beat that gets them in?

So how is it Big10 bias?? By the CFP rules 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. OSU gets to play the number 1 team and that is biased? If by some miracle they win then they will probably face #2 Michigan that just destroyed them on their home field. Some of you need some head meds.

To use logic to answer your question:

Ohio State lost to the number 2 team or the number 3 team on the date of the loss.

TCU lost to the number 11 team or number 8 team now.

So you do the math.

Whose loss was to the higher rated team?

Please explain to me where my math is off.

To use logic to answer your question:

Ohio State lost to the number 2 team or the number 3 team on the date of the loss.

TCU lost to the number 11 team or number 8 team now.

So you do the math.

Whose loss was to the higher rated team?

Please explain to me where my math is off.
One got blown out and wan't in their championship game and one lost by 3 points in their championship game. Both are in and both will more than likely lose, so you do the math and explain where you see the bias.

One got blown out and wan't in their championship game and one lost by 3 points in their championship game. Both are in and both will more than likely lose, so you do the math and explain where you see the bias.

So, we’re now goin to use scores on loses?

If so we need to use them on TCU wins as well. Apples to apples if you will.

That one doesn’t work out well for TCU math wise either. Who did they beat and by how much?

So, we’re now goin to use scores on loses?

If so we need to use them on TCU wins as well. Apples to apples if you will.

That one doesn’t work out well for TCU math wise either. Who did they beat and by how much?
So in your mind who should be in? Again where is the bias?

I'm not trying to get Tennessee in the top 4.
I am making the argument that the committee did not approach the scoring of initial losses with the same measuring stick.
Kansas State is NOW a top 10 team.
But OSU lost to Michigan a TOP 5 team and OSU dropped 3 spots!!! AND that was there ONLY loss to the #2 ranked team.
TCU's first loss did not drop them EVEN one position ...
TCU has proven themselves as a top 4 team. It’s just that simple. Kansas St was a top 10 team coming into the weekend so losing an OT game to them is not enough to drop them out. Love it or hate it, Championship week is looked at differently.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
So in your mind who should be in? Again where is the bias?

I don’t think TCU should be in, but that argument aside they should not be above Ihio State.

The bias is in that they are trying to get two Big 10 teams in the championship game. I don’t think in the end it will make a difference as I don’t see any of the 3 beating Georgia.

They are putting the 4 best teams in. They aren't trying to load it with two big 10 teams. It just so happens that two of them are in the top 4

Reactions: VolPack22
Do you really think that OSU getting an extra week against UGA will make a difference? Oh, the drama on this board.
I actually think Ohio State is a bad matchup for UGA. They'll be able to score some points on them I think. Not sure they can stop UGA much either though. It'll either be a shoot out which could go either way or a blowout by UGA. Michigan or TCU will get killed by UGA. TCU is going to get destroyed by Michigan. Michigan will try to beat UGA at UGA's game again and get boatraced again.

TCU has proven themselves as a top 4 team. It’s just that simple. Kansas St was a top 10 team coming into the weekend so losing an OT game to them is not enough to drop them out. Love it or hate it, Championship week is looked at differently.
But...................

K St lost to Tulane
Tulane lost to Southern Miss
Southern Miss lost to Ga St
Ga St lost to Charlotte
Charlotte lost to William & Mary
William & Mary lost to Elon
Elon lost to Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt is better than Kansas St. and TCU............. It's just science.

I don’t think TCU should be in, but that argument aside they should not be above Ihio State.

The bias is in that they are trying to get two Big 10 teams in the championship game. I don’t think in the end it will make a difference as I don’t see any of the 3 beating Georgia.

But they were hell bent to give them 2 shots.

Can anyone name ANY team in the top 5 this year or any year that did not drop after a loss? Pretty obvious they were not going to have an OSU MICH rematch in the semis. That is double bias. Should have forced GA to face might TCU first game.

But...................

K St lost to Tulane
Tulane lost to Southern Miss
Southern Miss lost to Ga St
Ga St lost to Charlotte
Charlotte lost to William & Mary
William & Mary lost to Elon
Elon lost to Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt is better than Kansas St. and TCU............. It's just science.
The circle of suck is complete 🤣

VN Store

Back