Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did what to your turkey?!?!

Yes sir, gotta try it. I’m a big fan of Deep frying but a buddy told me this method and I may not ever go back to Deep Frying. The skin is super crispy and the meat is so seasoned. Make sure and pour those butter drippings on the Turkey after you carve it.

DELICIOUS!!!

Attachments

• CDC3B701-4C96-4E02-8219-78EF81C15A88.jpeg
    CDC3B701-4C96-4E02-8219-78EF81C15A88.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
Is it me or do we actually have size on the floor now, we look huge out there, save vescovi and ZZ LOL

I sincerely hope and believe not. Danny White strikes me as an astute AD. Heup and Danny need to put the program's needs above the coaching staff's desires. It's over as far as trust for secondary coaching and it was predicted by many of us on here. Other than UK and LSU, the secondary and at times, the entire D has stunk against the SEC as well as Pitt. They also had too many series against the light weight OOC that stunk. This is the second season, the season that reveals the strengths and weaknesses of the coaching staff as well as roster. We don't expect perfection, just keep it in the mid-20's against mediocre SEC competition.

The issues on D are multiple - player development, scheme, play calling, player rotations (who and when) and possibly recruiting. The later of which we will have no idea since the other three are so screwed up. The reason a crappy O-line like USCe's could contain our pass rush was because of player rotations and the gap techniques Banks' uses with his slants and such. You need those two NFL quality DT's (Big O/Terry) creating havoc at the mesh point and pushing the pocket to flush the QB outside for Young and crew to sack them. Instead he has them slanting most of the time. I hate it. At least half the time the slant is wrong on runs and the pocket does not get pushed on passes. Opposing OC's know what they are doing.

The other problem with this same issue is the rotations. It has felt like we are back to Georgia State and Chaney sending in every offensive player he had to play a lot of snaps at the exclusion of winning. They are not doing that on O with Heup and Golesh, it's just on Banks' side of the ball. I get wanting to keep them fresh, but you also need to stop the other team more than zero times in the first half and half the time in the second. Nine freakin' TD's. Leave your starters in for more than a few minutes at a time, for several possessions in the first quarter, to develop some consistency and cohesion playing together. But select the right starters. It is criminal that Mitchell is playing, much less starting. If Banks is out at least use Herring to gain experience since he is the future. I promise he will make more plays than Mitchell in his first two minutes on the field. It's dumb stuff like that over and over.
talk about overreacting….. we are 9-2 in year 2 after losing 30 guys to transfers and being 3-7…. We reached number and be in the country and had a chance at a playoffs…. I disagree with almost every point that you made but the biggest one is wanting DW to hire and fire assistant coaches…. DW’s job is to hire the head coach…. Work the boosters and fans….!support his coaches as much as possible…. This is JH’s show and he needs to be in charge of making the changes that he feels need to be made.

Last edited:
I realize that all too well.
Seems a little much to have to scroll through half the post in the “recruiting forum Football talk” thread that are not football related.
Not against discussion on anything but an off topic thread for it would be my preference.
I usually end up skipping 20 pages cause I don’t have time to read through all
This here isn’t a thread. It’s a community of degenerates and morans.
Trying to change the context or tone would be akin to asking folks from Bucksnort to refrain from calling Vol Calls.

Kensucky fans were cocksure Notre Dame transfer DT Jacob Lacey was a Kensucky lock. He’s getting a bunch of Cb’s to Oklahoma.

Kensucky fans are not happy. They also have no DL commits in their 23 class.

And it’s something you just hate to see.
Stoops getting that extension is hilarious. He has peaked there and it’s pretty clear to see.

Kensucky fans were cocksure Notre Dame transfer DT Jacob Lacey was a Kensucky lock. He’s getting a bunch of Cb’s to Oklahoma.

Kensucky fans are not happy. They also have no DL commits in their 23 class.

And it’s something you just hate to see.
I think kentucky is going to drop like a rock…they are struggling in recruiting so bad and teams around them are starting to get better.

Somewhat off color joke but it is Vandy week:

Two students one from Vandy one from UT. The professor asked them to make a sentence or statement containing Timbuktu.
The Vandy says: The Sky was a calming azure blue the day we sailed for Timbuktu.
The professor was impressed
Now the Vols turn: Me and Tim went out one night saw some nerds and got in a fight, then we seen some girls that Tim once new so I bucked one and Tim bucked two.
The professor passed out.
That seems like the right amount of color :p:p:p

Surprised be isnt holding out for better. Take this cycle off. I read Leipold turned turned them down.
Boosters have committed $300M for stadium improvements and he's under no pressure at Kansas. He has a good thing going and would be a fool to leave after they made those major commitments to him.

So Pruitt pretty much got fired for giving a few players and their families 60k in total… not sure what the cash was for but there is definitely worst things he could’ve done… heck he could’ve just been trying to be nice and help a player’s family that was struggling and gave them money. Kinda feel bad for the guy if that was the case but I am still a lot happier with the program now
Wouldn't have mattered if he was winning. It's when you're losing the program finds things to fire you for.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Wouldn't have mattered if he was winning. It's when you're losing the program finds things to fire you for.

He could have won 10 games a year and it still would have mattered. He got turned in by someone in the athletic department because he was a di^k and treated those under him like sh^t. That door can swing both ways and someone finally had enough of his crap and gave it back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back