Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat off color joke but it is Vandy week:

Two students one from Vandy one from UT. The professor asked them to make a sentence or statement containing Timbuktu.
The Vandy says: The Sky was a calming azure blue the day we sailed for Timbuktu.
The professor was impressed
Now the Vols turn: Me and Tim went out one night saw some nerds and got in a fight, then we seen some girls that Tim once new so I bucked one and Tim bucked two.
The professor passed out.

Happy THANKSGIVING to my VOL family.

First year Spatchcocking a Turkey and let me tell you, HOLY HELL it’s DELICIOUS.

Note: When applying Baking powder/salt to skin, make sure to take your time cause skin is super thin in some spots. Apply Butter/Brown Sugar/Rosemary/garlic/salt pepper to the meat over night and then cook at 450 for 1.5 hours and apply Apple juice, every 20 mins.

AMAZING!!!

Last edited:
Everyone laughed at me when I said Rhule would coach next season………Auburn was my pick though. Good for Nebraska!
They have been in the same revolving door for coaches that we were in . So often everybody looks for an alumni or the tried and true.......sometimes you just have to think outside the fans collective box and get a fresh face with new ideas. Maybe it will work out for them......time will tell.

So Pruitt pretty much got fired for giving a few players and their families 60k in total… not sure what the cash was for but there is definitely worst things he could’ve done… heck he could’ve just been trying to be nice and help a player’s family that was struggling and gave them money. Kinda feel bad for the guy if that was the case but I am still a lot happier with the program now
If that is the case then i want Pruitt as DC

Happy THANKSGIVING to my VOL family.

First year Spatchcocking a Turkey and let me tell you, HOLY HELL it’s DELICIOUS.

Note: When applying Baking powder/salt to skin, make sure to take your time cause skin is super thin in some spots. Apply Butter/Brown Sugar/Rosemary/garlic/salt pepper to the skin over night and then cook at 450 for 1.5 hours and apply Apple juice, every 20 mins.

AMAZING!!!
You did what to your turkey?!?!

We're talking about Vol fans giving leeway?

People on here wanted us to give Gerantano (sp) leeway. "He's actually great at playing qb." If he only had a decent line. If he only had a decent OC, if he only had a decent QB coach. Wait till you see what he does at Washington State, wait till you see what he does in the pros." Milton doesn't have to be Hooker. He need to be the best Milton he can be, make great decisions and lead the team against Vanderbilt. I said right after the Pittsburg game last year that Hooker needed to start. I wasn't hating on Milton, just hoping we could win some games with a depleted roster.

Qb play in the SEC often dictates whether you win or lose. There are some great, great quarterbacks in this conference and there are some others who run hot and cold. If you don't have a good qb you become Texas A & M. When Richardson at Florida is on - they beat South Carolina by 30. When he is off they lose to Vanderbilt and he heaves one 30 yards up into the stands as time expires. Rattler has been awful some games, but played spectacularly against us.

Hooker had areas he needed to work on, Milton has areas he needs to work on. He has shown really good instincts for avoiding the rush in the pocket - imo, he needs to clean up his reads, going through his progressions, becoming a more cerebral qb.

I am sure he will be focused on the task at hand, I hope and expect a better performance than he gave last year when he started.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
This feels like a circular conversation because it seems like you are trying to make a deeper and more complex point than I am.

To your point, I agree that 4 or 5 throws don't define an entire game. At the same time, though, I also don't agree with the original poster's comment that Milton hasn't been overthrowing guys this year. That's just patently false. He did it 5 days ago on at least of third of his attempts. Do they stick out out more because of his reputation, last year, and limited attempts in a single game, last Saturday? Yes. Do they define his entire performance, this year? No. Do they necessarily serve as a predictive forecast of an entire game's worth of throw? No. But I can't agree with an absolute statement that claims he hasn't been overthrowing receivers, this year.

We can agree to disagree if you want, and instead agree that we both (all) want to see Bazooka Joe come out and light the world on fire, Saturday, with precision and accuracy. Happy Thanksgiving!
I’ll agree to the agreement to disagree. The sheer tonnage of interpretive malpractice gives me tiredhead. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

In the tribute video that UT made for Hooker, does anyone know the name of the instrumental song playing in the background? I tried to Shazam it but it gave me nothing.

Happy Thanksgiving Volnation!
brooklyn99-thanksgiving.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back