Jeremy Banks Comments

Texas Tech may have the best solution. I’ve read that their NIL provides all players with a $25,000 base. Earnings above that base become a player/sponsor deal like happens now.
With the base money everyone, including walk ons, will be making some kind of bank.
That would have to come from Spyre and others, of course, and not officially from the school. I think TX? had an "all the linemen get $50k" or something like that too. NIL is new BUT I don't think the locker room issue at UT is NIL related.

It's leadership related, apparently, with a nice dose of young men's testosterone probably in there too. These things are good...... in the Spring..... and bad in the Fall.

That would have to come from Spyre and others, of course, and not officially from the school. I think TX? had an "all the linemen get $50k" or something like that too. NIL is new BUT I don't think the locker room issue at UT is NIL related.

It's leadership related, apparently, with a nice dose of young men's testosterone probably in there too. These things are good...... in the Spring..... and bad in the Fall.
You preach a team, family and an united structure and you better find a way to solve the $$$$ issues amongst the kids. It is warranted to pay them something. Scholarships, playing at a Prestigious school in the SEC will wilt away. The ticket will be make it worth my while to attend.
Do I think players should be compensated for their work, Yes.

As a Student Athlete you have to maintain standards and Class work is part of it.
Football plus the academic's is the equivalent of a 50+ hour Work week.
Playing Football at any school is demanding. Some are smart enough to get through the Academic Side of it. Some have to balance both.

Freshman need time to adjust as well. $$$ does not fix that but it helps.

On his Instagram story, for what it's worth:

"Wasn't about no conflict or nun like that. Get facts bro, coming back harder than ever!"
So what you are saying is all the posters making up chit about some team turmoil were FOS. Gee I didn't see that coming. I could've sworn the defense mailed it in

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonC
Do you actually think he’s going to admit to anything? He’s not gonna make himself sound like a bad team mate and ruin his chance in the NFL or another team. We 100% know for sure he wasn’t injured, and if it was grades he still could have made the trip and be a supporter from the sideline. Something has happened, whatever it may be.
I'm going to go out on a limb here but maybe just maybe what he said is the truth. I know this is ground breaking

Reactions: GordonC
There needs to be a NIL payroll structure with yearly increases for all players for retention.
Something equivalent to the military's pay system with incentives and bonuses.
All Based on performance, experience and longevity.

Maybe it needs to be put in a trust that is payable upon graduation from college.

Maybe it needs to be put in a trust that is payable upon graduation from college.
Maybe we should have a third party deciding what happens to your wages? WTF? NIL is money just like anyone earns in various legal ways and in America you don't get to decide what I do with my wages.

Seriously.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
The most logical scenario to me is Banks was suspended for violating team rules (missed practice/meeting). This fueled his anger and he happened to walk across the T in the process. He got called out on it by Hooker, which led to a verbal exchange and Banks started mouthing off about NIL while refusing to do what he is supposed to when stepping on the T. Milton separated them as they were jawing with each other. They said ok we are good with each other and went on their way.

From a 3rd party perspective (a different player), this could all look like it stemmed from NIL. Not all players are as informed as others. Rumors spread, people take sides, tempers flare.

I could be way off, and I probably am, but logically that scenario makes the most sense to me.

Based on Banks response initially it sounds like he did something wrong. Accepted the Punishment and stated he would be back to play even harder this Saturday. Saturday will tell us what we need to know.
We probably will not know what happen until after the season is over.

Negative. Do you want the players to be seen as employees of the schools? You definitely don't.

Other than that, the court has told the NCAA they can't control NIL earnings by players. The NCAA can only make sure the schools aren't officially funding the NIL and whatnot.

Because the linemen might not like it, even the NFL can't tell Tom Brady he can only make so much money from his NIL, commercials, etc.

The NCAA and schools would get sued and the court said as much when the lawsuit starting NIL was settled.
They are employees of somebody now whether it’s the school or not. That horse done left the barn. This is now NFL Lite whether we like it or not. Always been that way to some extent ($100 handshakes, cars etc) but nothing like this. There is going to be jealousy when a player is pulling down a million dollars and other starters are getting $50,000. No way to avoid it with 20 year olds.

Based on Banks response initially it sounds like he did something wrong. Accepted the Punishment and stated he would be back to play even harder this Saturday. Saturday will tell us what we need to know.
We probably will not know what happen until after the season is over.
We probably won’t know ever

If I was the left tackle protecting young Manning’s backside, I might be asking for a cut of his millions. $50 G’s ain’t cutting it.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
If I was the left tackle protecting young Manning’s backside, I might be asking for a cut of his millions. $50 G’s ain’t cutting it.
Especially with the Manning boys (except Archie) the linemen had a big job. Those guys are great but the only real scramble they know comes from Denny's.

I've heard stories that QBs take very very good care of those big guys when it comes to gift giving. They should.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but maybe just maybe what he said is the truth. I know this is ground breaking
Then why was he suspended for a big game? You don’t get suspended like he did jsut a few days before the game and nothing happen.

It is common sense that NIL will breed resentment and create chemistry issues in college sports.
Regardless if you think they should be able to handle it or not.

You’re making an assumption based on rumor, and informed by your bias that NIL is naught but a source of ill.

If everyone is getting paid what they’re worth, and those values are transparent, there’s nothing about which the competent could bicker.

Problems should only come where individual ideas of self value and actual market value aren’t in sync.

Among the self reliant - which high performing athletes almost always are - this gap should be small. Results speak for themselves. Assuming Banks is the issue, his production is off 50% year over year. Don’t like your comp? Get more tackles.

You’re making an assumption based on rumor, and informed by your bias that NIL is naught but a source of ill.

It's common sense.

"When you start paying athletes like they're professionals, you get athletes acting like they're professionals," Sanders said. "And you don't have staffs large enough and equipped enough to handle a young man with money. Let me go deeper. Handle a young man that's making more money than some of the coaches on staff." -Prime Time

Last edited:
If you're attending a state university on scholarship in 1994 it is.

It's common sense.

Because Coach Prime is the arbiter of all things reasonable.

😂😂😂

He does have a point about Jackson State, but that’s a damn sight short of the size of a program like Tennessee, let alone Spyre.

In the NFL everyone is employed with guaranteed negotiated salaries

College players are not employed with salaries or guarantees.

85 D1 players are employed with full ride lifetime scholarships.

NIL is antithetical to a team mentality in college.
Ok, and you have one guy making the minimum and another making 10x as much. The point is that pro players manage to play with this disparity. College players are going to have to figure it out.

Again trash. This was made over the summer. Show me where the mass NIL deal lies exist? It's not a reported problem. And if you are a HC, you would have to be a moron, to not be ahead of this. Not allowing false promises. Jesus. Use your head. The fear mongering about NIL is absurd. And again he offered no proof. His speculation is just him. You need to do better
It seemed to be an issue in USC, because their players are complaining about "things not getting done, promises not being met", such as with Addison. If you think it's not happening to get people to sign, you're out of your mind.

Reactions: cgrish
Want it? Do your job better than the backups and EARN it. What is it about young little ***** thinking they're entitled to something they didn't earn? QBs take care of their line when they keep him upright. Frankly, this line needs to keep their trap shut and take what's offered. The defense, outside the line, don't deserve a dime for their effort.

Want it? Do your job better than the backups and EARN it. What is it about young little ***** thinking they're entitled to something they didn't earn? QBs take care of their line when they keep him upright. Frankly, this line needs to keep their trap shut and take what's offered. The defense, outside the line, don't deserve a dime for their effort.
Earn something? You must be thinking this is still your grandad’s college football. Win one for the Gipper and all that antiquated stuff. These guys are trained from Pop Warner that they are entitled. “Earning” something is extinct. It’s now “I want my money and I want it now.” You think Nico has “earned” those millions in NIL money he got? Not yet. But it’s the new reality. The fans either deal with that concept or they move on to other interests.

Ok, and you have one guy making the minimum and another making 10x as much. The point is that pro players manage to play with this disparity. College players are going to have to figure it out.

The average pro football player salary is close to a million dollars.
The average NIL deal in college football is $3,400.

Before NIL they all got paid the same…free college for life.

Side note: Kamal Hadden’s NIL value has dropped 66% since 9/20/2022. Do you think this affects his playing attitude for the better or for worse?

Kamal Hadden - NIL Profile

The average pro football player salary is close to a million dollars.
The average NIL deal in college football is $3,400.

Before NIL they all got paid the same…free college for life.

Side note: Kamal Hadden’s NIL value has dropped 66% since 9/20/2022. Do you think this affects his playing attitude for the better or for worse?

Kamal Hadden - NIL Profile
Sure, it’s a different scale. That doesn’t change the fact I stated. Players (not just the ones at UT) will have to learn to deal with it.

Re: Hadden. Two ways to look at it. Seems like motivation to work on one’s craft. In fact, there is a direct correlation to performance and $$.

VN Store

Back