Jeremy Banks Comments

The cost of a full scholarship, training facilities & staff, food, housing stipend, travel , etc. has to be well north of $50k. Pretty damn good for a 20 hour a week job.
That it is. If the NCAA wants to control it, 2 things must happen...

1. You don't get to dip your toe into the portal. You announce and that's it. You don't get another try. That fixes the 4 year/4 schools bulls***.

2. Remove NIL money from scholarship cost. $50k scholarship and $15k NIL? Your scholarship is $15k short and you're responsible for the $15k, through assistance or your money, doesn't matter as long as it deposits.

That it is. If the NCAA wants to control it, 2 things must happen...

1. You don't get to dip your toe into the portal. You announce and that's it. You don't get another try. That fixes the 4 year/4 schools bulls***.

2. Remove NIL money from scholarship cost. $50k scholarship and $15k NIL? Your scholarship is $15k short and you're responsible for the $15k, through assistance or your money, doesn't matter as long as it deposits.

Unfortunately SCOTUS declared no limit on NIL. Maybe players should have a choice, scholly or NIL. If you select NIL, you pay your tuition, room & board, books, training costs , etc.

Reactions: Orangepantsforever
Start listening @ 2:24:00.....NIL was a factor in the locker room.

Doesn’t even matter. Y’all know all this locker room stuff could have some truth but not even be a main factor right? Who knows, maybe there was immaturity but fairly quickly guys got past it. That’s if things happened as reported at all. Could’ve been a thing but NIL wasn’t even a part of it, or it could have been not a main part.

Even if everything speculated happened it also doesn’t mean there was some mutiny. Could have just as easily been one of any number of distractions that got a team that thought they could win easily without taking preparation as seriously as they should.

I never played football, but I have made the mistake of slacking off on something I shouldn’t have when I thought I could do so with little consequence and been proven wrong as a college student.

Regardless of if all of the worst things are true, or instead it’s a mix of things, or something else entirely ultimately the team did not show up prepared and playing their best. One guy is not responsible for all of that no matter what he did. Plenty of people share some of the blame, players and coaches alike.

As fans we can gossip, but I don’t see how it helps fix anything for us to know the details. Mostly that’s what I care about: fix it.

Doesn’t even matter. Y’all know all this locker room stuff could have some truth but not even be a main factor right? Who knows, maybe there was immaturity but fairly quickly guys got past it. That’s if things happened as reported at all. Could’ve been a thing but NIL wasn’t even a part of it, or it could have been not a main part.

Even if everything speculated happened it also doesn’t mean there was some mutiny. Could have just as easily been one of any number of distractions that got a team that thought they could win easily without taking preparation as seriously as they should.

I never played football, but I have made the mistake of slacking off on something I shouldn’t have when I thought I could do so with little consequence and been proven wrong as a college student.

Regardless of if all of the worst things are true, or instead it’s a mix of things, or something else entirely ultimately the team did not show up prepared and playing their best. One guy is not responsible for all of that no matter what he did. Plenty of people share some of the blame, players and coaches alike.

As fans we can gossip, but I don’t see how it helps fix anything for us to know the details. Mostly that’s what I care about: fix it.
Truth! Like Boogie said:
Heupel must own this and fix it. He has 1 week.

Nobody f**ked with Al, that's for sure.. The man could quell a rebellion.. 😎
Me and a friend got to meet Al once, and my friend said something not fit to print here. He didn’t do it maliciously, it was just one of those things that slip out of your mouth when you are an idiot who is excited about meeting a legend. Anyway, Al stopped mid autograph and gave my friend a look. Now this look he shot…my God…everyone in that orbit felt it run through them. You could hear a pin drop 50 yards away, and nobody knew what Al was going to do. But he didn’t have to do anything. The look got the job done. He left my friend frozen in fear and not having drawn a breath for the duration of that stare. That man is a presence all his own.

Herby was wrong about Florida. He was wrong about Bama. He was intentionally wrong about Georgia. And he’s wrong about Vanderbilt.

He roots against us. Who cares. Vols by fiddy

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Problem:
Vols Crapped the bed and got blown out @ South Carolina

Why 1:
Players didn't know where to be/ who to cover
If this were corrected could the problem still have occurred...Yes

Why 2:
The defensive scheme gave too much cushion to receivers
If this were corrected could the problem still have occurred...Yes

Why 3:
the players lack SEC level talent to execute a more aggressive defensive scheme & The players were distracted/upset about the handling of a cancerous situation in the locker room.
If this were corrected could the problem still have occurred...NO

Root Cause= lack of defensive talent coupled with a cancerous situation in the locker room

Lack of Defensive Talent!!!!

Cancer in locker room an unproven theory.

The star players have always gotten the best of whatever can be given and sometimes what shouldn’t be given. Now big $$ is around and it isn’t given equally. Fact of Life.

The team lost cause they don’t play good defense. Scheme, players, lack of adjustments all play a role.

Cancer - let’s see what coach does. Then we will see if the surgeon found cancer. Definitely jealousy is a potential ongoing issue as explained above.

Go Vols, beat Candy!!!!

I am not implying it was one person.

My interest is in how NIL could have affected the chemistry of the entire team.

It is obviously creeping into the locker rooms.

NIL isn't going away.
It's not going away. Why someone makes less then someone else is not a new concept. Many on this board like to pretend it is. Be marketable and NIL will be taken care of. Don't like it as a player? Then F off. You get nothing. You think suddenly you will make tons in Columbia, SC. GTFO.

Not the same in college. The others players are not getting paid.
Or the players are promised $$$ and it doesn’t materialize.
The promise would be a problem I agree. I doubt that's happening. You would have to be a moron to do that. Other players not getting paid shouldn't be a problem. Either you are marketable or aren't. It's that simple.

Again trash. This was made over the summer. Show me where the mass NIL deal lies exist? It's not a reported problem. And if you are a HC, you would have to be a moron, to not be ahead of this. Not allowing false promises. Jesus. Use your head. The fear mongering about NIL is absurd. And again he offered no proof. His speculation is just him. You need to do better

Again trash. This was made over the summer. Show me where the mass NIL deal lies exist? It's not a reported problem. And if you are a HC, you would have to be a moron, to not be ahead of this. Not allowing false promises. Jesus. Use your head. The fear mongering about NIL is absurd. And again he offered no proof. His speculation is just him. You need to do better

it’s common sense.

I am not implying it was one person.

My interest is in how NIL could have affected the chemistry of the entire team.

It is obviously creeping into the locker rooms.

NIL isn't going away.

I quoted both of these but they're 2 different issues...... NIL and Jeremy Banks. Both takes are very good.

NIL shouldn't be any different than the salary differences in the NFL. Certainly NFL linemen are well compensated but it's not what "skill positions" are paid. Top LBs and corners, as a rule, also aren't making what top RBs and QBs are paid.

The world isn't "fair" like that and NIL won't be "fair" like that either. Some jobs are worth more to the team and those players will get more NIL money usually.

NIL isn't going anywhere but neither is the Manning QBs getting far more commerical offers than any of the O Linemen who helped make their careers. Suck it up, guys...... life sucks in the trenches and always has and always will in any job.

The Hyams insights in the video about the Jeremy Banks situation seems to confirm rumors about an altercation between Hooker and Banks related to the locker room T AND that Banks missed a practice/meeting Monday before the game.

Was Banks already in the doghouse and this stuff pushed him to the "held out a game" level, Hyams didn't know. Listen and make your own judgement about what might have led to the terrible effort in South Carolina.

VN Store

Back