Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lining up man to man and dropping one linebacker to help with coverage would have stopped their offense. Make them run the ball. I don’t think they would have been able to. Like you said, it’s not hard to switch from zone to man. Im
Pretty sure we started the half in man across the board and up on the receivers and immediately got a three and out. Later on it was back to zone and they picked us apart.
Which is why ive wanted Banks gone for 2 years. His play calling is very suspect, he doesnt bring pressure. He wont play man. He just wants to sit in a soft ass zone and watch his team gets picked apart. Hes not aggressive enough to be a top tier SEC DC.

After watching the replays of the game, I dont think the effort was TERRIBLE defensively until the fourth quarter, it seems like the 3rd & 20 was the knife in the back for the team as a whole. First half though we looked solid, defense just got out schemed
Yes. Out schemed.

Hey, let's try giving them a 10 yd cushion on every play. Second half...well it didn't work in the first half, but I bet they've changed their game plan. Let's just keep ours the same. That'll learn 'em.

Again, be patient. We now know Banks has been doing crap all week and Thursday was just the final straw of a string of many things.
I’m patient, Jacket... Patiently waiting until we upgrade our DC and DB coach after the season. Heupel with a top 40 defense would be scary. I think he makes changes because his offensive scheme can win a Natty.

I get the idea of what hes saying, but I disagree (I know people are gonna be surprised). Its not like switching from a one high to a 2 high is anything crazy. There should be plays for both worked on in the spring and throughout the season. The players should know the basic rules of lining up and of coverage. You may not be able to do anything special or fancy, but certainly should be able to call basic things from any base shell.
There is a BIG difference in knowing what to do and executing it. Tennessee doesnt have the athletes to be able tonrun that type of scheme every down.

Yup we got turned down by the former USC DC Orlando, the Louisville DC, and the now LSU DC House. We were coming off Pruitt, no one knew what the penalty from the NCAA would be, and there was uncertainty with Heup. We 100% overpaid but at the time didn’t seem like we had a choice.

And the LB’s coach from Ohio State.

Sorry if already discussed, but what about Barry Odom at Arkansas? The bloom seems to have fallen off the rose with Pittman, so maybe he looks to make a move?

What a weird dynamic that would be. HC becomes DC, OC becomes HC. Pretty sure they are still friends but still weird dynamic.

Yes. Out schemed.

Hey, let's try giving them a 10 yd cushion on every play. Second half...well it didn't work in the first half, but I bet they've changed their game plan. Let's just keep ours the same. That'll learn 'em.
1st drive of the 2nd half, I really thought we made some adjustments, then we just go back to the same ole stuff.

I give props where props are due. South Carolina did not beat us...they skull dragged us from one end of the field to the other.

The question is why? We scored 30+ points (sorry, drunk, don't care). They butt f**ked us and then shoved it in our mouth.

It isn't the offense. It isn't even that we don't have some good/great defensive players. We are definitely not there on defense, but there are good players.

What does that say?
Oddly explicit. Is there something you would like to share with the class? During your long absence from VN, did you perhaps spend time in a Turkish prison?

Looking ahead to next year and way too early predictions:

Virginia - W
Peay - W (sorry @peaygolf)
UF - L
UTSA - W
SC - Big MF win and blow out
A&M - W
Bama - L
KY - W
UConn - W
MZ - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W

9-3.

Could also see a win against UF and crazy loss at KY. Just never know and we have been bad on the road. That’s why I’m more disappointed at last night because it was a great chance to make the playoff. The playoff needs to expand. We could easily make the playoff with a 12 team playoff any given year even with playing Bama and UGA every year. Just get to 10-2 and you’re in the playoff with our schedule with twelve teams.
Close, but I'm not sure if FL recovers that quickly. Maybe? I'd say anything from 8-4 to 10-2 is possible. Anything less, I'm disappointed. Anything more, I'm happy.

We are not at reloading level yet.

Has anyone heard of the status of Tayven? He, or Gaston, are suddenly one snap away.
Tayven is out himself. I don’t remember if it was last game or the game before but he was showed on the sideline next to Hooker after a series and he still had his arm in a sling.

Reactions: VOLED
Looking ahead to next year and way too early predictions:

Virginia - W
Peay - W (sorry @peaygolf)
UF - L
UTSA - W
SC - Big MF win and blow out
A&M - W
Bama - L
KY - W
UConn - W
MZ - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W

9-3.

Could also see a win against UF and crazy loss at KY. Just never know and we have been bad on the road. That’s why I’m more disappointed at last night because it was a great chance to make the playoff. The playoff needs to expand. We could easily make the playoff with a 12 team playoff any given year even with playing Bama and UGA every year. Just get to 10-2 and you’re in the playoff with our schedule with twelve teams.
I have to see the transfer portal results first. Can't even make a guess.

This is something a lot of us have noticed.
He was targeted 18 times, Hyatt, McCoy, Keaton 18 combined.
Hard to explain why an addiction of one of your top 2 receivers makes the offense worse but it seems to.

I said back in the Pitt game Hooker looks to Tillman and Tillman only too much
I wonder if Tillman sees Hooker going down decides to shut it down for the rest of the year ? It would be a benefit for him and the team.

Our defense lacks basic fundamentals. It's coaching malpractice.

And when I say, "our defense", I mostly mean our secondary. Their tackling is horrible, and their coverage skills are even worse. But we also struggle to get a consistent pass rush.

We looked like ass last night. Big, hairy, unwiped ass. It was ugly.

....can't be serious with Gump on this list!

Gary Patterson would be someone I'd seriously consider calling...although he may have a negative opinion of UT still from that one coaching search.
Everyone involved in it is gone, a big enough check makes bad feelings go away

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
How about you hop off Banks nuts man. If you’re a real fan this should hurt and hurt bad and you should want a change. I know the past 15 yrs have been bad but we should go and expect better and this was on Banks he had a poor game plan and hasn’t been impressive since he’s been here

LMFAO the "real fan" argument. Yes, it ******* hurts, but a wise man once told me "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t". Take that "real fan" BS somewhere else, my dude, and see a doctor about your case of cranial-rectal inversion as well.

Thank you, Hendon. I will never forget this epic season and everything you have done both on and off the field for our University and community. You are forever a VFL and I could not be more proud. I wish you only the absolute best in whatever other great things you will do in the future. #VFL.
I just hope VolTwiiter let’s him know. We can say all we want to him on here, but I want him to know from all of us. Reggie White is my all time favorite. Hendon has cemented as number two for me and I wished I had a way to convey that to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back