Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this comment last night and in the GA game. This offense was rolling with Bru , Hyatt & Keyton. When it was Tillman . the offense was out of whack it seemed. Hooker is always looking for Tillman on every pass almost while Hyatt is running open down field or a TE. He is locking in on Tillman and it was the same thing last night. I like Tillman and he is great but this offense is not clicking when he is out there. I think I seen on here or twitter that he was targeted 18 times. When he was not on the field Hyatt would go off for over 100 yds but when Tillman is out there its like Hyatt just disappears. Tillman just needs to get ready for the draft. Hate that he got injured but this offense is not the same when he is out there
This is something a lot of us have noticed.
He was targeted 18 times, Hyatt, McCoy, Keaton 18 combined.
Hard to explain why an addiction of one of your top 2 receivers makes the offense worse but it seems to.

I said back in the Pitt game Hooker looks to Tillman and Tillman only too much

No..do you really believe that he didn't play in that game with what was on the line for a "quirky little tidbit"?

We will probably never know the truth...maybe years from now...but I guarantee you it wasn't for just "quirky little tidbit".
Just thinking as big as this game was too all involved. If not more than a travel suspension he should have been playing. I know you have to maintain discipline but it probably wouldn't have mattered if he played or not. Just the most horrifying game I've seen in a while. I didn't think before the game started that he would be needed. Guess it just soured the grapes in a bad way. I wanted to go to the playoff game damnit.

No doubt it was part of the problem, but it’s the defensive staffs responsibility to have other players ready to take that job. Next man up
It is not that easy with a paper thin squad. It's one thing for a new guy to practice at that position all week running the gameplan and then play, but to get thrown in last minute after all the game prep is already over? It obviously caused a major malfunction. This team did not play great defense, but they had clearly improved over last year, this defense has been mediocre for sure, but they were not 63 points to SC bad. That makes no sense...none.

One of the other guys called it a "perfect storm"...maybe it was, but that still does not explain multiple guys out there obviously half-assing it...just going through the motions from the first quarter.

Devo calls me out for saying it, but somebody explain why several guys were just jogging around, taking obviously horrid angles, and less than half-assed tackle attempts if they were not doing it out of spite?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I give props where props are due. South Carolina did not beat us...they skull dragged us from one end of the field to the other.

The question is why? We scored 30+ points (sorry, drunk, don't care). They butt f**ked us and then shoved it in our mouth.

It isn't the offense. It isn't even that we don't have some good/great defensive players. We are definitely not there on defense, but there are good players.

What does that say?
1668992153251.gif

Ok tough guy. If Banks did something so horrid, why is he still on the team? What is being reported is no fight broke out, he walked over the T and refused push ups. That is a dumb reason to miss a game for a playoff position. If he hit Hooker over NIL BS then I hope he is gone. But go ahead and make stuff up in your head and spew it like it’s facts.

Again, be patient. We now know Banks has been doing crap all week and Thursday was just the final straw of a string of many things.

That's the argument CJH will need to make-- he's holding us back from getting where we all want to go. IDT UT would be fundamentally opposed-- I just think they thought we're good for another year, and now we're not. I also suspect they thought a few guys might leave on their own and save UT from the firing and buyout cycle. And Banks might be glad to go if he had an offer elsewhere.
Best case is he leaves on his own and we can pitch it as our staff getting better opportunities and upgrade. Win win.

Come on man...he didn't miss that game for no reason..that is garbage.

I didn't say he missed the game for no reason-- I said rumors are called rumors for a reason. Violation of team rules is undesirable; multiple infractions are unacceptable, but not uncommon. It's team business and handled internally, with details seldom disclosed.

I get the idea of what hes saying, but I disagree (I know people are gonna be surprised). Its not like switching from a one high to a 2 high is anything crazy. There should be plays for both worked on in the spring and throughout the season. The players should know the basic rules of lining up and of coverage. You may not be able to do anything special or fancy, but certainly should be able to call basic things from any base shell.
Just lining up man to man and dropping one linebacker to help with coverage would have stopped their offense. Make them run the ball. I don’t think they would have been able to. Like you said, it’s not hard to switch from zone to man. Im
Pretty sure we started the half in man across the board and up on the receivers and immediately got a three and out. Later on it was back to zone and they picked us apart.

Made recruiting elite guys in the short term that much more difficult. It was said Heup was being negative recruited that we’d come back to earth next season with Hooker gone. Then we crash landed in Columbia
That’s why we need Milton to crush Vandy next week and end this year on a high note. 10-2 and our offense still looking great.

Has anyone heard of the status of Tayven? He, or Gaston, are suddenly one snap away.
Tayven broke his collarbone vs Ut martin and had surgery the following monday, thats usually a 2 month recovery especially since it’s his non throwing shoulder. So he definitely wont play this week but id be shocked if he didnt dress for the bowl

Reactions: ugg and VOLED
Looking ahead to next year and way too early predictions:

Virginia - W
Peay - W (sorry @peaygolf)
UF - L
UTSA - W
SC - Big MF win and blow out
A&M - W
Bama - L
KY - W
UConn - W
MZ - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W

9-3.

Could also see a win against UF and crazy loss at KY. Just never know and we have been bad on the road. That’s why I’m more disappointed at last night because it was a great chance to make the playoff. The playoff needs to expand. We could easily make the playoff with a 12 team playoff any given year even with playing Bama and UGA every year. Just get to 10-2 and you’re in the playoff with our schedule with twelve teams.
No worries!
VN would cease to exist if the Peay won that game……and I would be banned for life

I'll say this... Heupel better have a yes from a top DC before pulling that trigger

Yup. If Heupel does consider firing Banks he won’t do it unless he knows he can get someone better. Another hire similar to Banks with minimal experience and considered a so-so hire gets us no where. Back channel, see if you get any nibbles from more experienced and strong DCs and if not, stick with Banks for another year.

Reactions: KptVFL
Okay, well it's dumb. Put something on the floor and it will likely be walked upon at one point or another. I really hope we didn't leave behind our best linebacker because he stepped on something that is on the floor.[/QUOTE]
Don’t know if any Of this is true,
But was reported he had a couple of incidents this week.
And if true, and being Banks it probably is,
And he didn’t get left behind for stepping on the T. It’s probably been stepped on before and everyone knows the penalties.
He got left behind because he’s a punk , thug that showed his ass when called out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back