Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup we got turned down by the former USC DC Orlando, the Louisville DC, and the now LSU DC House. We were coming off Pruitt, no one knew what the penalty from the NCAA would be, and there was uncertainty with Heup. We 100% overpaid but at the time didn’t seem like we had a choice.
That's true, which is why I cut him some slack. But he's never going to get it done here.

Hopefully Citrus..... give me a warm Florida bowl against a slaw B10 team...... The Cotton bowl sucks

We just go where they spot us and make a statement against any opponent we play. We've left ourselves vulnerable, and LSU and Bama are perceived as stronger teams right now. We should get a decent matchup and a shot at redemption, unless the unthinkable happens at vAndy.

Man, it’s like a bad feeling in your stomach all day. Tennessee can’t have anything nice. Haha best season since ‘98 and then turmoil causes us to play like crap against a terrible SC team. I wasnt even upset with loss. After beat ALA and FL everything else has been a consolation prize. Great year crappy game

My opinion on last night's game.

While we weren't up to our normal standards on offense, we scored enough to win. If the defense would have gotten a couple more stops, the game would have been totally different.

On defense, Banks missing the game hurt but it didn't hurt 62 points worth. As stated, the problem lies with another Banks. To be honest the only coach I have faith in on the D side is Garner. The DL is being developed. The other positions not so much.

Last edited:
To be fair, he also had several issues throughout the week according to AP. I wonder if he was skipping practice as has been rumored?
Who knows… but one player shouldn’t determine a crap offense dropping 63 on us. I would honestly get over the loss way quicker if Banks was fired today. Every day he stays our DC, I will never expect to be anything more than a 8-10 win program. He is awful.

Haven't posted since before the game.

First and foremost...prayers and best wishes for Hendon. He was...is...and always will be a VFL. Loved watching that young man play, but even more so, loved watching the way he IS as a person.

Now...I skipped every single post since before the game, so this is coming from me...

People may have or may have not talked about execution. People may have or may have not talked about tackling. To me, those things happen in every game. For every team.

My major issue is this...what was suppose to be give em the catch and stop them after defense we were supposedly playing.

A 5 - 10 yard cushion on every freakin pass play! Didn't matter if it was a 3 yard slant or a 40 yard bomb. The cushion was the same! HELLOOOOO! You just let the dude catch a 40 yd pass! You think he really gives a flying f*** at this point whether he gets an extra couple of yards?!

That was defensive game plan. I'm sorry. I cannot make myself believe that these players did that on their own. Every ******* pass play.

My 2 cents.

Who knows… but one player shouldn’t determine a crap offense dropping 63 on us. I would honestly get over the loss way quicker if Banks was fired today. Every day he stays our DC, I will never expect to be anything more than a 8-10 win program. He is awful.
Surely he'll be gone at season's end. I can't imagine Heupel likes having recaps on his Ferrari. I'm not one to believe more talent will fix it. It'll help but it won't fix it.

Haven't posted since before the game.

First and foremost...prayers and best wishes for Hendon. He was...is...and always will be a VFL. Loved watching that young man play, but even more so, loved watching the way he IS as a person.

Now...I skipped every single post since before the game, so this is coming from me...

People may have or may have not talked about execution. People may have or may have not talked about tackling. To me, those things happen in every game. For every team.

My major issue is this...what was suppose to be give em the catch and stop them after defense we were supposedly playing.

A 5 - 10 yard cushion on every freakin pass play! Didn't matter if it was a 3 yard slant or a 40 yard bomb. The cushion was the same! HELLOOOOO! You just let the dude catch a 40 yd pass! You think he really gives a flying f*** at this point whether he gets an extra couple of yards?!

That was defensive game plan. I'm sorry. I cannot make myself believe that these players did that on their own. Every ******* pass play.

My 2 cents.
The CBs do give alot of cushion. CJH, in his show, said on one play that Hadden was playing “super soft coverage. Maybe he needs to demand tighter coverage 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BaldBiker
Take this trash to the football forum where it belongs.
How about you hop off Banks nuts man. If you’re a real fan this should hurt and hurt bad and you should want a change. I know the past 15 yrs have been bad but we should go and expect better and this was on Banks he had a poor game plan and hasn’t been impressive since he’s been here

Looking ahead to next year and way too early predictions:

Virginia - W
Peay - W (sorry @peaygolf)
UF - L
UTSA - W
SC - Big MF win and blow out
A&M - W
Bama - L
KY - W
UConn - W
MZ - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W

9-3.

Could also see a win against UF and crazy loss at KY. Just never know and we have been bad on the road. That’s why I’m more disappointed at last night because it was a great chance to make the playoff. The playoff needs to expand. We could easily make the playoff with a 12 team playoff any given year even with playing Bama and UGA every year. Just get to 10-2 and you’re in the playoff with our schedule with twelve teams.

We just go where they spot us and make a statement against any opponent we play. We've left ourselves vulnerable, and LSU and Bama are perceived as stronger teams right now. We should get a decent matchup and a shot at redemption, unless the unthinkable happens at vAndy.
Im just sayin... if we arent getting the Sugar or Orange we should ask for a warm weather bowl.

I'm not against being an 8-10 win program...there are bad years and there are good years. There arw.also still rebuilding years. We aren't to the point of having reloading years yet.

Having said that...I still give the players props for doing the best they can, but this goes beyond talent on the field. In what reasonable universe, alternate or otherwise, do you call defensive plays like that?

I'd be halfway ok if our guys just got flat out beat for a 20...30...40 yd play. What I can't forgive is the 20...30...40 yd play where the db is still giving them a cushion.

Surely he'll be gone at season's end. I can't imagine Heupel likes having recaps on his Ferrari. I'm not one to believe more talent will fix it. It'll help but it won't fix it.
Bama is a prime example of that. Golding sucks and their elite talent can’t make up for it against decent offenses. I truly don’t think talent is our biggest issue, DL isn’t overally talented but they play very well (except last night) because of coaching. LB and secondary coaching is absolutely horrendous. Like one poster posted, the linebackers are watching QBs and not players entering their zone. Same with the DBs many times. When you drop into zone, you have to watch and move with anyone entering your zone. We almost never do that and just sit flat footed and receivers are open for days.

Looking ahead to next year and way too early predictions:

Virginia - W
Peay - W (sorry @peaygolf)
UF - L
UTSA - W
SC - Big MF win and blow out
A&M - W
Bama - L
KY - W
UConn - W
MZ - W
UGA - L
Vandy - W

9-3.

Could also see a win against UF and crazy loss at KY. Just never know and we have been bad on the road. That’s why I’m more disappointed at last night because it was a great chance to make the playoff. The playoff needs to expand. We could easily make the playoff with a 12 team playoff any given year even with playing Bama and UGA every year. Just get to 10-2 and you’re in the playoff with our schedule with twelve teams.
Nah, we'll beat KY, they're losing their #1 draft pick QB. I wouldn't be surprised at beating FL. A lot will depend on the portal and any coaching changes (wink, wink).

CJH will have to push to have defensive staffers fired. DW met with him in the offseason before raising and extending staff, and they seemed onboard with another year of stability, unless someone wanted to make a move. It's possible CJH has a different opinion now... but it's also possible he'll try to recruit out of it and bring in support staff before wanting a coordinator fired. The Vols were in the playoff picture until 24 hrs ago.

CJH will have to push to have defensive staffers fired. DW met with him in the offseason before raising and extending staff, and they seemed onboard with another year of stability, unless someone wanted to make a move. It's possible CJH has a different opinion now... but it's also possible he'll try to recruit out of it and bring in support staff before wanting a coordinator fired. The Vols were in the playoff picture until 24 hrs ago.
Or we could take a boat ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back