‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

As someone close to a recruit, hiw does a loss last night go into the thought process of a recruited/committed player? Does it give them any second thoughts?
99% of recruits have lost a game before. In fact, name one team in any sport that never loses year in and year out. Cam committed to a team that was 7-6 last season. We are 9-2 this season. Cam is a Vol, so losing hurts, but it doesn't make you quit and go elsewhere. Sorry @Plove23 if I'm overstepping since the question wasn't directed at me. I just don't feel that you should even have to answer this one.

99% of recruits have lost a game before. In fact, name one team in any sport that never loses year in and year out. Cam committed to a team that was 7-6 last season. We are 9-2 this season. Cam is a Vol, so losing hurts, but it doesn't make you quit and go elsewhere. Sorry @Plove23 if I'm overstepping since the question wasn't directed at me. I just don't feel that you should even have to answer this one.
Yeah, I'd like his perspective. It's not just about taking your ball and going elsewhere, it's about second guessing, doubts creeping in. Also, this wasn't just a loss, it was a total embarrassing beat down of epic proportions.

Yeah, I'd like his perspective. It's not just about taking your ball and going elsewhere, it's about second guessing, doubts creeping in. Also, this wasn't just a loss, it was a total embarrassing beat down of epic proportions.
That's how you're feeling as a fan. As a recruit, it doesn't change anything. Especially one that has been committed and fully invested for this long.

Yeah I’m not too worried about recruits leaving. I think they’re solid. Interesting to see if there are any defensive coaching changes.
There might be. We need championship caliber defense to take the next step. Last night had more to do with the players than the coaches though.

Last edited:
Oh your good, very well put together.

As someone close to a recruit, hiw does a loss last night go into the thought process of a recruited/committed player? Does it give them any second thoughts?
Nah I don't think so, a loss is a loss. I think it matters who shows up on Saturday to play for 60 minutes and coaching. But yeah it's doesn't bother Cam, he's found his home and extended family for the next 3 or 4yrs and knows any given time there could be a loss. I know he didn't want to lose in his final game on Friday but he did, he knows it always that chance just go out and give it your all.

Nah I don't think so, a loss is a loss. I think it matters who shows up on Saturday to play for 60 minutes and coaching. But yeah it's doesn't bother Cam, he's found his home and extended family for the next 3 or 4yrs and knows any given time there could be a loss. I know he didn't want to lose in his final game on Friday but he did, he knows it always that chance just go out and give it your all.
Thanks, Plove23. I've enjoyed reading your post this season. Look forward to hearing more of your perspective in the future.

VN Store

Back