‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

I think Small‘s career is done. He’s had to come out of nearly every game at some point because of his shoulder and had the same problem last year. I could easily see him joining Whitehead in medical retirement next year and we bring in a stud jr that can either stick around 2 years or declare for the draft after a year at Tennessee. I like Jarquez Hunter out of Auburn to fill that role a lot. He runs extremely hard but has breakaway speed
Did I miss Whitehead hanging it up? I knew he had season ending surgery but didn't realize he ended his career.

Reactions: VolNash17
What's his issues?
There's been no word at all about his recovery and it's assumed that even if he comes back, he'll be 5th (at best) on the depth chart going into his 4th year at UT. Some think he'll be asked to medically retire or encouraged to look elsewhere to free up a scholarship spot on the roster.

There's been no word at all about his recovery and it's assumed that even if he comes back, he'll be 5th (at best) on the depth chart going into his 4th year at UT. Some think he'll be asked to medically retire or encouraged to look elsewhere to free up a scholarship spot on the roster.
??? What happened?

Funny I heard on Knox radio (can’t remember which show) the other day that he may be back before seasons end.

??? What happened?
He was injured (ACL) his senior year of high school. He missed his senior year and then his freshmen year of college recovering. He played last season and was hoping for a much bigger role this year, but then had another season ending injury that required surgery, before the season started. He's spent 3 of the last 4 years injured. That's just hard to come back from when healthy players at your position are being brought in every year. I hate it for the kid. He's just had terrible luck.

He was injured (ACL) his senior year of high school. He missed his senior year and then his freshmen year of college recovering. He played last season and was hoping for a much bigger role this year, but then had another season ending injury that required surgery, before the season started. He's spent 3 of the last 4 years injured. That's just hard to come back from when healthy players at your position are being brought in every year. I hate it for the kid. He's just had terrible luck.
Didn't catch the name

Do we think Seldon's primary role will be WR? I know he's a utility to weapon who will move around, but is WR where he would be listed on the starting lineup, per se?
That's the position he will start at with the intent to move him around. He will get reps at RB too. We will have to see what happens in the spring. A lot will depend on how quickly he adapts to the college game and where he could see playing time the fastest. The coaches like freshmen to focus on one position.

Do we think Seldon's primary role will be WR? I know he's a utility to weapon who will move around, but is WR where he would be listed on the starting lineup, per se?
Yes. Like Debo is a WR but will be used in the running game. I would imagine the majority of his snaps will be from WR, but he will be motioned into different positions.

VN Store

Back