4. TCU Horned 9-0
3. Michigan 9-0
2. Ohio State 9-0
1. Georgia 9-0

I see this. And i dont mind it.
Tcu will lose and drop
Mich/ ohio state lose and drop
Vols back in at 3 to face winner of mich/ ohio st
Possible rematch vs uga for the national championship.

Once again, what does our resume have to do with LSU making the playoff?!

The SEC champion will make the playoff. I’m not sure why the reaction to LSU winning the league and going to playoff is some slight to Tennessee. They have zero to fo with each other. Is anyone saying that Tennessee would be kept out of the playoff if LsU wins in Atlanta and makes playoff?

There is no way Lsu gets in and Tennessee doesn’t.

1. They will still have one more loss than Tennessee .
2. Tennessee kicked their teeth in on their home field.
3. Tennessee’s only loss will be to the undisputed number one team in the country.

We need to lay some pipe to Mizzou, USC Jr., and Vandy. Style points will matter now. No running out the clock at the end of games if we’re up 14-17. Keep scoring. Bury them. Remind the committee why they were high on this team and that one loss on the road to Georgia shouldn’t change their mind.

3. Tennessee’s only loss will be to the undisputed number one team in the country.
LSU has a much better chance of getting in if they win the SEC than we do if they win the SEC

I never said that LSU getting in means Tennessee gets kept out...... Not sure where this notion comes from.

Opinions are like A holes, I get it but All 15 of the analysts on ESPN have UGA,OSU, TCU in their top 4. 13 have Michigan as the 4th and 2 of them have Oregon in the top 4.

Some of you are either trolls are not thinking clearly -

If Tennessee is as bad as some of you are making us out to be and drop below 4 or 5, then why would UGA get a bump to number one for beating us? That doesn't make sense that you bump UGA to 1 over OSU for beating Tennessee at their place if for some reason Tennessee is now not good anymore. If that is truly a win that propels UGA to number one, then that implies we are one of the teams firmly in the discussion.

But we must win out and beat the remaining teams playing like we have for the first 8 games.

Reactions: GBOx2
Basically we need TCU to lose and for us to win out. There is no question our resume is better. OSU/MICH will take care of itself

Opinions are like A holes, I get it but All 15 of the analysts on ESPN have UGA,OSU, TCU in their top 4. 13 have Michigan as the 4th and 2 of them have Oregon in the top 4.

Anyone with Oregon in their top 4 should retire from the sports business.

Those same analysts got TCU at 7 wrong in the first rankings..... The CFP committee is not media driven like some clamor they are. Buckle up Buttercup

Some of you are either trolls are not thinking clearly -

If Tennessee is as bad as some of you are making us out to be and drop below 4 or 5, then why would UGA get a bump to number one for beating us? That doesn't make sense that you bump UGA to 1 over OSU for beating Tennessee at their place if for some reason Tennessee is now not good anymore. If that is truly a win that propels UGA to number one, then that implies we are one of the teams firmly in the discussion.

But we must win out and beat the remaining teams playing like we have for the first 8 games.
Agree, we need to beat Mizzou, SC and Vandy by 50.

It’s fairly simple what needs to happen for Tennessee to get in.

Georgia has to win out. (Spot #1)
OSU/Michigan winner wins their conference championship (Spot #2)
TCU loses one game OR the PAC-12 has a 2 loss conference champion (Spot #3)

Tennessee would take the final spot.

Tennessee does not get in if TCU runs the table and the PAC-12 also has a 1-loss champ.

Why? LSU has 2 losses. Is everyone forgetting that? Also, Tennessee didn’t just beat them head to head…we blew them out. There’s zero justification to put LSU in over Tennessee. None.

I agree

I never said I thought LSU should be in over Tennessee.

I’m just saying I think they would be. I also understand 2 losses however an SEC conference championship probably carries more weight combine that with beating the number 1 team and I think both of those would carry more weight than a first game loss by missing an extra point.

I still don’t think they would “really” be ahead of Tennessee……but would the committee put 3 SEC teams in? Say if TCU lost.

Yesterday’s beat down was a huge disappointment, but I’m trying to take a step back and put it in perspective. If you would have told me a year and a half ago that Tennessee would be 8-1 with a loss to Georgia and likely still have better than a 50% chance to make the playoffs this year, I would have prolly helped someone hide a dead body to make it true. Two of the things we needed to help our chances happened later that same day. If Tennessee wins out, TCU loses and Georgia wins out, there will be two one-loss teams in the playoffs. If you compare all the one-loss teams’ resumes under that scenario it would be an injustice for Tennessee not to be one of those two. Also on a positive note, isn’t it nice for us to even be able to have this conversation?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Those same analysts got TCU at 7 wrong in the first rankings..... The CFP committee is not media driven like some clamor they are. Buckle up Buttercup

They only problem is this is not a poll of who 15 media figures think are the top 4 but rather who they think the CFP committee will put in the top 4. I think that carries more weight because they know they will be proven wrong or justified in their opinion in just a few days. I think 13 of them are spot on and it will be UGA/OSU/Mich/TCU but we will see.

It’s fairly simple what needs to happen for Tennessee to get in.

Georgia has to win out. (Spot #1)
OSU/Michigan winner wins their conference championship (Spot #2)
TCU loses one game OR the PAC-12 has a 2 loss conference champion (Spot #3)

Tennessee would take the final spot.

Tennessee does not get in if TCU runs the table and the PAC-12 also has a 1-loss champ.
I think Texas beats TCU next week. Michigan is going to lose to Ohio State more than likely. GBO!

They only problem is this is not a poll of who 15 media figures think are the top 4 but rather who they think the CFP committee will put in the top 4. I think that carries more weight because they know they will be proven wrong or justified in their opinion in just a few days. I think 13 of them are spot on and it will be UGA/OSU/Mich/TCU but we will see.

There is nothing that happened yesterday that would justify TCU jumping 3 spots to #4 after they struggled to win by 10 points in back to back weeks vs WVU and Texas Tech. TCU has zero style points.... CFP put them at #7 on Tuesday exactly for that.

If I had to guess, Tennessee drops #1 to #4, maybe at best TCU goes to #5 and LSU goes to #6...

I would not be shocked if TCU stays #7 or tops at #6..... TCU has played two trash teams very poorly in back to back weeks. The perceived "slight" of TCU is 100000% justified. They are not that good even at 9-0

We need to lay some pipe to Mizzou, USC Jr., and Vandy. Style points will matter now. No running out the clock at the end of games if we’re up 14-17. Keep scoring. Bury them. Remind the committee why they were high on this team and that one loss on the road to Georgia shouldn’t change their mind.
You are correct. The committee wants to see an exciting team that increase viewership.

I agree

I never said I thought LSU should be in over Tennessee.

I’m just saying I think they would be. I also understand 2 losses however an SEC conference championship probably carries more weight combine that with beating the number 1 team and I think both of those would carry more weight than a first game loss by missing an extra point.

I still don’t think they would “really” be ahead of Tennessee……but would the committee put 3 SEC teams in? Say if TCU lost.

Maybe. But if they only put 2 in, it would be the 2 with just 1 loss.

VN Store

Back