Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys hear Romo talk about Heupel during the Eagles game???

"NFL teams are interested, not saying he'll go", but said "just telling you, he's on the radar of every NFL team".. Jim Nantz followed "I know you and I know you know something" Romo followed up saying "he's wanted in the NFL"

This type of success will bring this type of attention.
I’m probably wishcasting some here but I don’t see it. Unless it’s Heupel’s dream to be in the NFL, Tennessee is not going to let him go. Not with the leadership they have. They’ll pay what it takes.

But like you said, success brings attention. It’s better to be worrying about this than worrying about whether we can get to a bowl game.

I’m probably wishcasting some here but I don’t see it. Unless it’s Heupel’s dream to be in the NFL, Tennessee is not going to let him go. Not with the leadership they have. They’ll pay what it takes.

But like you said, success brings attention. It’s better to be worrying about this than worrying about whether we can get to a bowl game.
I doubt any college coach would turn down a decent NFL HC job. It's so so so much less work, recruiting is an entirely separate full time job in addition to coaching the team.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
I doubt any college coach would turn down a decent NFL HC job. It's so so so much less work, recruiting is an entirely separate full time job in addition to coaching the team.

I think there’s more than a few good college coaches who have absolutely no desire to go to the NFL for multiple reasons, but who knows.

LOL which coach has goals that are exclusive of the NFL?

Some very successful college coaches. Don’t think the NFL has made a run at Ryan Day? Matt Campbell? Wouldn’t be surprised if they had talked to Dabo at some point. David Shaw was a hot NFL name and he kept choosing Stanford. Harbaugh has been talked about in NFL front offices but has chosen to stay in college (a little different since he’s already been there).

Matt Rhule clearly wanted the NFL but not all college coaches do.

Last edited:
you have evidence Jerry offered him the hc job?
So need evidence to put 2 and 2 together? Don’t be naive. There has been plenty of college coaches that have turned down professional jobs b/c they rather stay in college. We just dont hear about all of them. Coach k and coach cal turned down nba jobs. Dont be naive. David shaw was another

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back