Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys hear Romo talk about Heupel during the Eagles game???

"NFL teams are interested, not saying he'll go", but said "just telling you, he's on the radar of every NFL team".. Jim Nantz followed "I know you and I know you know something" Romo followed up saying "he's wanted in the NFL"

This type of success will bring this type of attention.
College to NFL for head coaches is where dreams die.

head to head which QB would you want?

QB1: 156 of 219 71.2% 2338 yards, 21 TDs, 1 INT, 338 rushing yards, 4.6 YPC, 4 TDs
QB2: 159 of 223 71.3% 2377 yards, 29 TDs, 4 INTs, -4 rushing yards, -0.2 YPC, 0 TDs
QB3: 178 of 275 64.7% 2382 yards, 24 TDs, 1 INT, 249 rushing yards, 3.8 YPC, 3 TDs
QB4: 230 of 339 67.8% 2934 yards, 22 TDs, 4 INTs, 18 rushing yards, 0.8 YPC, 2 TDs
QB5: 146 of 221 66.1% 1906 yards, 18 TDs, 3 INTs, 137 rushing yards, 5.3 YPC, 3 TDs
QB6: 149 of 221 67.4% 2212 yards, 22 TDs, 2 INTs, 276 rushing yards, 4.3 YPC, 4 TDs

Personally, I believe CJH could build himself to become a legend in college. And I'm not sure he'd trade the mentoring relationships he can have in college for the interactions with pros.

But I know nothing.
Everyone thought Joe Brady was the next greatest as well. How did that turn out for him? LOL. Wishing he stayed at LSU.

I know a lot of talk late this week on why we aren't getting commits lining up still for this '23 class with our Elite Success... I am scratching my head as well, but there are a bunch who have already committed elsewhere, so they are kind of out of the running unless we can get a few to flip... I am thinking after last night's performance, we can get an elite WR to commit or flip to give us 3-4 top notch WR's, we need another RB, a true DT, LB, and another OL (always a DB/S)... @LA Vol mentioned that we will most likely do quite a bit of shopping in the transfer portal at the end of the season--- I agree and think we will be surprised at how many kids enter and we potentially pick up... I bet there will be a RB, DB, OL, and a LB or two that is experienced/starter that will pop up and we can grab them...

"NFL teams are interested, not saying he'll go", but said "just telling you, he's on the radar of every NFL team".. Jim Nantz followed "I know you and I know you know something" Romo followed up saying "he's wanted in the NFL"

Would he even be able to run his up tempo style of offense in the NFL? Aren't there NFL rules in place with substitutions, etc that would practically hamstring his offense?

He won't leave for a coordinator role I don't think, but we're kidding ourselves if we think hell turn down a bunch of NFL head coach offers. I think NFL teams will want to see a couple more years of sustained success before they offer him a HC job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back