Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to dive into the stats and get past the raw numbers since we have so many more plays per game than most teams and we play a bend-don’t-break defense. Scoring efficiency, EPA (expected points added), and normalized stats are a good place to start.

When you look at defensive scoring efficiency we are in the top 20 and in opposing passing efficiency we rank 68th. For opposing YPC we are top 10 at 2.89. We’re 50th in PPG at 23 but we’ve faced ~40% more plays than for example UGA. If you normalize to points per play you end up with a top 15 scoring defense.

We also have the number 2 scoring efficiency and passing efficiency offense with the highest YPC and T2 lowest INT. Our rushing offense has been hit or miss but we did just put up 200+ with >5 YPC from our running backs on the number 3 rushing defense in terms of YPC (Alabama).

Looking at EPA, we have a top 10 passing, per play, and per game offense along with a top 20 rushing offense. On defense, we have a top 10 rushing defense along with a top 25 per game defense.

One thing that isn’t captured in these stats is that we tend to create a lot of havoc on defense (hurries, sacks, TFLs) and we have elite pass pro. Imo these are the two areas that result in the biggest matchup problems in CFB and can cause unexpected outcomes bc they aren’t directly reflected in the major stats.

All of this points to the fact that this is an elite team with a good defense and a great offense.

SIAP...........Trouble in College Station??? Rumor is academic suspensions. This was from their radio show out of Birmingham this morning:

Greg McElroy said how many Aggies would return next season that won’t play in their bowl game if they are eligible?
Cole Cubelic said there are some things about this team that I cannot share right now, that the first week in December I will be able to share, depending on how they play out.
They are venturing into very dangerous territory from a roster perspective.

SIAP...........Trouble in College Station??? Rumor is academic suspensions. This was from their radio show out of Birmingham this morning:

Greg McElroy said how many Aggies would return next season that won’t play in their bowl game if they are eligible?
Cole Cubelic said there are some things about this team that I cannot share right now, that the first week in December I will be able to share, depending on how they play out.
What does it mean?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
This?
9c2bb91ee1d356b1b65d054a5012728c26815ad6.gifv

This is how animals act when they’re freaking hungry. If something was to shut down the electric grid in the US for a month, people will act like this too. That’s why you need to be prepared. People will kill for food in that type of situation.

Wonder if they know that GPAs transfer too

I had a discussion with a fan of UK about Levis. He swears that Levis is a great QB. I texted him and told him that I think Levis could have a big game this weekend (over 300 yards) simply because we are going to be so far ahead by halftime that Levis will get to throw against our 4th stringers the entire second half . Vols by fiddy.
Their fans have to be the most delusional in the country. He probably will have 300 but after we’ve scored 50 at the end of the 3rd and we put the 4th stringers in like you said.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back