Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys wanna see something insane, go to YouTube and search "Snow Leopard plummets down cliff while clutching it's prey" 😳

@TheRain this is like one of those cool ones you post. I suck at posting them so maybe you could.

It is one of the most insane things I have ever seen an animal do..
This?
9c2bb91ee1d356b1b65d054a5012728c26815ad6.gifv

If you guys wanna see something insane, go to YouTube and search "Snow Leopard plummets down cliff while clutching it's prey" 😳

@TheRain this is like one of those cool ones you post. I suck at posting them so maybe you could.

It is one of the most insane things I have ever seen an animal do..

1666622746271.gif
Later that evening:

“Dad!”

“Hey, kids. Dinner’s on the table.”

“Welcome home, honey. Oh, you look terrible! Rough day at work?”

“Tell me about it. You would not believe the day I just had…”

Last edited:
Funny, but let’s be fair… there’s noise on the field. They had a great atmosphere, but nothing like what we produce
It doesn't sound organic though...go watch highlights from that game and see if you can tell. It sounds like they are either amplifying the crowd, or outright playing recorded crowd noise.

Will be interesting to see if we can keep the passing game numbers up to elite levels since they seem to be only allowing 178.3, will we run the ball more, or just torch them with now having Hyatt, McCoy, Keyton, AND Tillman?

Out of the 3 “good” offenses they’ve played, they have only played one team that is above average in passing: Miss State. What they were able to do though was literally take away all short throws from what I read and dare a Miss State team that’s in the bottom 10 rushing in all of CFB to run the ball. Not surprising UK was able to stop that offense. Alabama held that same offense to only 6 points and almost identical amount of passing yards. We scored 52 points and passed for ~400 yards against that same Bama defense. Miss State also had 13 penalties for 109 yards and a lot of it came from their OL which really stalled their offense.

Out of the 3 “good” offenses they’ve played, they have only played one team that is above average in passing: Miss State. What they were able to do though was literally take away all short throws from what I read and dare a Miss State team that’s in the bottom 10 rushing in all of CFB to run the ball. Not surprising UK was able to stop that offense. Alabama held that same offense to only 6 points and almost identical amount of passing yards. We scored 52 points and passed for ~400 yards against that same Bama defense. Miss State also had 13 penalties for 109 yards and a lot of it came from their OL which really stalled their offense.

Yes…and the stat was posted yesterday about SEC teams with 40+ yard passes. I believe Mississippi State was last with 1. They can’t stretch the field.

It's going to suck losing Hyatt, but if Heupel can get a WR from having 0 impact one season to a first round pick the next, then everybody who wants to catch footballs for a living are going to be calling Tennessee.
I'm not convinced Hyatt leaves, but if he does, why not put Squirrel in that spot?

Will be interesting to see if we can keep the passing game numbers up to elite levels since they seem to be only allowing 178.3, will we run the ball more, or just torch them with now having Hyatt, McCoy, Keyton, AND Tillman?

Well it's one of those things where ya have to look at it game by game to appreciate what it really means.

Kentucky has had only 3 opponents attempt 30 or more passes. (Mississippi State: 37, Florida: 35, Miami (OH): 32) and of those 3 opponents only 2 of them were better than 50% completion. They gave up 213 passing yards to Ole Miss, highest of the season. They gave up 73.7% completion to South Carolina, highest of the season and they gave up 2 passing TDs to Northern Illinois also the highest of the season.

They have allowed 100 rushing yards or more in 5 of their 7 games. So I really think our balance will be too much for them. The teams that beat them, South Carolina & Ole Miss were more rush heavy, but passed effectively enough to keep Kentucky from focusing on stopping one or the other. Their rushing defense gives up more yards than their rushing offense and has done so on fewer carries. If you eliminate the Mississippi State game (because they simply didn't run the ball) and Youngstown State (because biggest cupcake) their rushing defense is actually terrible. Giving up 740 rushing yards on 176 attempts for 148 per game and 4.2 ypc. Those numbers would put them 75th or worst in every category. So they really don't do anything great on defense, except limit total plays (and that's partly because of their offense too).

They've not had a team hit 70 offensive plays against them yet, we average 76.1 snaps a game on offense. Akron & Florida being our two lowest snaps at 70. We've only had one game this season where we failed to hit 500 total yards, at Pitt. We have rushed for 175 or more in 6 of our 7 games, while also passing for 325 or more in 6 of our 7 games.

Bama's defense has given up 100 rushing yards only twice this season 1st to Arkansas (who ran the ball 51 times to get 187 yards) and to us where we only ran it 39 times to hit 182. They had not given up 300 passing yards until we racked up 385 on them. And no team had scored 28 on them until we hung 52.

And to Bama's credit they had already faced Texas & Arkansas both teams with offenses in the top 50 in the major categories.

Plot twist: we're going to put up 300 yards rushing on Kentucky. They're going to sell out on the pass and not let anyone over the top, and we'll gash them with Small, Hooker, and Wright. They're going to force passes underneath and over the middle, which is about all you can do, and our receivers need to show up with YAC and contact. I think Bru, Fant, and Tillman have big days.

300 rushing
225 passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back