Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge for Mod, Sarge for Mod, Sarge for Mod!!

baseball.gif

1664388762347.png

A couple of significant bullets from Heupel's press conference today:

Patrick Brown question: In the final 8 minutes of the game you’re up 17 and it gets down to the final play, what did you like or not like about the way you guys closed out the game with the lead.

Heupel: Yeah, offensively, you want to finish out the 4 minute drive when we had the football and be in a position to take a knee and end the game with us on the field offensively. Defensively, we just didn’t do the things that you need to at the end and that’s tight coverage, being able to affect the quarterback, and get off the football field. That’s somethings we’ve gotta do better. We handled the last play the right way, BY was able to get some pressure on the quarterback. Obviously special teams, onside kick, you don’t want to give those up. You’re putting yourself in a susceptible position right there so there’s things that we do in finishing out the game that we HAVE (emphasis his) to do a better job and that’s our entire football team. It’s not just one player or one unit.

Brent Hubbs question: Coach, for the last couple of weeks, when asked about your secondary, you’ve mentioned a couple different times tightening up their coverage. Is that them not playing with confidence? Is that them not understanding? Why is the secondary not playing as tight in coverage as you would like?

Heupel: It’s just being a little bit better in fundamentals, technique, having their eyes in the right place, and understanding situational football. It’s things they can and WILL (emphasis mine) do here as we continue to move forward.

A couple of significant bullets from Heupel's press conference today:

Patrick Brown question: In the final 8 minutes of the game you’re up 17 and it gets down to the final play, what did you like or not like about the way you guys closed out the game with the lead.

Heupel: Yeah, offensively, you want to finish out the 4 minute drive when we had the football and be in a position to take a knee and end the game with us on the field offensively. Defensively, we just didn’t do the things that you need to at the end and that’s tight coverage, being able to affect the quarterback, and get off the football field. That’s somethings we’ve gotta do better. We handled the last play the right way, BY was able to get some pressure on the quarterback. Obviously special teams, onside kick, you don’t want to give those up. You’re putting yourself in a susceptible position right there so there’s things that we do in finishing out the game that we HAVE (emphasis his) to do a better job and that’s our entire football team. It’s not just one player or one unit.

Brent Hubbs question: Coach, for the last couple of weeks, when asked about your secondary, you’ve mentioned a couple different times tightening up their coverage. Is that them not playing with confidence? Is that them not understanding? Why is the secondary not playing as tight in coverage as you would like?

Heupel: It’s just being a little bit better in fundamentals, technique, having their eyes in the right place, and understanding situational football. It’s things they can and WILL (emphasis mine) do here as we continue to move forward.

Code for our secondary sucks and I am not sure what the heck to do about it... Hope the transfer portal is good to us!

Reactions: jakez4ut
Hmm really? My experiences have been Gainesville, Destin, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami 😂. Oh, and the Keys…Solidly Yankee lol. Never ventured out in the sticks of Florida.. who knows what’s out there? Lol.. maybe they all moved inland to escape the Northern invasion.. kind of like those of us in middle tenn moving to the outskirts now?
I do know...I ran a commercial flooring business with multiple concurrent jobs going on all over the state in the early 2000s. I didn't know it either until then.

Curious of your guys thoughts on Gibbs at Alabama and how’s been performing. I really wanted him to transfer here but stat-wise he’s not been that impressive

Whenever he gets the ball he shines. He’s averaging nearly 7 ypc and he’s an elite player as a receiver as well. Just not enough opportunities with a pretty mediocre OC.

Rewatch the first drive against Texas. He touched the ball nearly every play and they marched down the field.

I do know...I ran a commercial flooring business with multiple concurrent jobs going on all over the state in the early 2000s. I didn't know it either until then.
I will defer to your expertise 😂 See, I am quite amicable 😂 I hope everyone is safe down there, no matter their lineage 😂.. maybe I will have to venture more away from the tourist trap areas to experience that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back