Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guy Heup needs to go into the medical tent. That dude coughs more than anyone I've ever seen. Is he a smoker?
blowin tree and scheming

leaning back in his chair and laughing while repeating "sche-mat-ics" over and over in different ways, finally some coughing snaps him out of it and he's back to studying

You are correct, sir, culturally Florida is not the South lol (with maybe some slight exception FL AL border and bits of gulf coast)

This is really not true...when you get away from the coastal urban areas and Orlando/Ocala, the native Florida crackers are just as redneck as the rest of us with thick southern accents.

You are correct, sir, culturally Florida is not the South lol (with maybe some slight exception FL AL border and bits of gulf coast)
Comedian Tim Wilson (RIP) had a bit about this. It was about the different types of southern accents and at the beginning he starts with Florida. He says that Florida is not really a southern state once you get south of Gainesville...you're back in Michigan.

VQ guys said that Tillman has basically been receiving treatment/rehabbing since halftime of the Akron game. Having the Florida game at home then a bye week means he's pretty much going to have 20 straight days of treatment.
Baby seal stem cells will fix er right up!

We are a good team, regardless. But the team is fixing one position group away from a team that can play for championships. So... You know.. I hope the coaches don't pull a Butch Jones and say 9 wins is good enough.

Heh??

In Year 2? Off a 3-7 team? Lol.

And this was an ~8 win team from the preseason (expectations). We've won 2 of our coinflip games already and have 2 left. Winning 9 in Y2 would be spectacular.

That with Small's clear TD (entire body over the line) and not one single holding penalty the entire day on FL while Richardson ran back and forth all day...
I am noticing officiating crews seem to be only getting worse and not better, and it's subjective calling depending on the game and location.
The holding on Florida's last scoring drive was criminal! Didn't notice how bad it was until I heard several here comment, so payed more attention looking at highlights, it was really bad.

Florida probably doesn't score that last td if they call the holding..

A gimmicky offense??? What’s gimmicky about it? Because we go fast? I’ll take this gimmicky offense all the way to ATL.
Lol it's like calling a really slow offense gimmicky because they're artificially lowering the number of plays/number of possessions each team gets.

Except going fast is at least a sign of confidence. "Slowing down the game" is what you do to increase variance vs a superior opponent. Going fast says "we have the play per play edge and want both teams to get as many possessions as humanly possible, so we can push our edge to the maximum over you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back