Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vol Nation,

I don't normally ask, but I would appreciate any prayers, thoughts, and positive wishes. My wife just left for a 6 month deployment. We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old that are going to miss their mom and I'm going to miss my wife. I'm in the military too so this isn't going to be the easiest 6 months for all of us. I'm just pretty down right now and I'm grateful for any positivity thrown our way.

Vol Nation,

I don't normally ask, but I would appreciate any prayers, thoughts, and positive wishes. My wife just left for a 6 month deployment. We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old that are going to miss their mom and I'm going to miss my wife. I'm in the military too so this isn't going to be the easiest 6 months for all of us. I'm just pretty down right now and I'm grateful for any positivity thrown our way.
Well, brother, our prayers are for your wife & family. Thanks to ALL of you for your loyal service to our country. Hopes & prayers for y'all. SALUTE!

I don't know who John Peery is but he better watch his back. @SugarCC is coming for him

@SugarCC knows. All the naysayers, all the Tennessee sucks people, essentially all the national and local media are going to need to eat their words. Or be tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail. Screw them. Didn’t need them when we were down. Sure as hell don’t need them now or in any iteration of the future.

15-0 🤠

I don’t think we need a generational type qb for this offense bc we don’t ask our qb to read coverages or fit the ball into tight spaces…. I am definitely glad to get as good talent as possible…..I hope we can fill the other units with top of the line talent…. This team has the chance to dominate in a few years.

Why in the hell do you want to wait a few years? Let’s dominate now! Time to quit playing with the sacrifices (opponents). Now is the time for our Vols to roll into town, take the game, all hope, and the very soul of our opponent like the villains we are portrayed.
Enough nice guy. Our coach is a nice guy. But he takes what he wants.

Go Big Orange!

WGWTFA NOW!

15-0 🤠

So happy he’s our coach! It’s a relief to finally have a coach who can actually coach, does his talking on the field, and is just a great guy. You can tell he genuinely cares about his staff, his players, and this program. We deserve him with all we have been put through the last 15 years.

So happy he’s our coach! It’s a relief to finally have a coach who can actually coach, does his talking on the field, and is just a great guy. You can tell he genuinely cares about his staff, his players, and this program. We deserve him with all we have been put through the last 15 years.

So true…..this can be said about the entire athletic department. Thanks DW !!

The Giant is awakening!!

Vol Nation,

Thank y’all for your sacrifice!

Vol Nation,

Been back 6 months from my last deployment, retiring in 38 days, but who's counting. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Chin up, one foot in front of the other, don't stop.

Edit: dang how’d I forget the TBA checkering? I was at that game as a student. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Think you answered your own question if you were in college 16 years ago. We gettin old and forgetful. Soon you'll start walking into rooms and forget why you went in there to begin with.

200w (1) (5).gif

Last edited:
The sideline RAC by Ramel at around 3:40 of this video, was even more spectacular in my mind than even the layout grab.
I thought to myself when I saw it, "When was the last time we had a WR split two defenders with a move like that?!".

I have never been more proud of a player….. last year…. He was a guy that acted like he didn’t care and never gave maximum effort to a guy that has bought in….. changed his body and really helping this team.

So many demons are going to be exercised this year, its going to be fantastic.

It's also noteworthy that in 2017, with our worst team ever, though we did not win...we actually outgained them. If not for 2 Callaway fumbles, we may well have beaten them when they were #20.

Screenshot_20220927_065326.jpg

In 2010 they were #10...we were not good...almost had em

Now the turns are tabled. Think we beat em.

I want to see a all Orange Neyland for Bama or all black. Not all white , it will look as if we are copying Penn St.
Both teams undefeated , college game day will be back with even more hype.
White outs are terrible. It’s the colour of surrender; I’ll never understand why teams do that. I like orange or black too

I can't watch that clip. That game was when I was in grad school. I left my apartment with a couple minutes left to head over to Folsom Field for the Colorado vs. Georgia game. I got into the stadium and spotted a guy in a Tennessee beanie (we're everywhere) celebrating. I ran up, he told me we'd won, and I ran out of the stadium as my brother called me to celebrate. I ran past a couple of professors of mine yelling "WE BEAT LSU!" while on the phone, and I'll never forget my brother saying "Wait..." and my heart dropping. One more play. I lost the signal, but he called me back to say "We lost."

I was devastated. Absolutely gutted. Colorado beat Georgia that night, but I barely cared. My professors made fun of me on Monday. "Math is hard," one of them said.

I mustered up the fortitude to watch the end one time and my heart broke all over again. I want this one pretty bad. Not as bad as Florida, but pretty bad.
Wow. Brutal 🤣 I also remember exactly where I was, but it wasn't that bad. That's almost a total 180 from my UGA 2016 experience.

We were out in Charlotte and I had to go watch a show. I knew it was late in the game and close, but reception was downright awful. Show hadn't started yet, so I ran outside to try and get a signal. All I could get was a radio feed. As SOON as it came on, all I heard was the bomb TD by Eason. I was broken. Devastated.

I went back to my seat ready to not even watch the performance by that point. All of a sudden I get a flood of text messages from a friend that's not even a UT fan. They were vague, "OMG!" "UNREAL!" I figured he was just commenting on the Eason play. But I had to know so I ran to the bathoom, got a signal to read the play by play and just lost it. I went jogging out of that place and into public just yelling shiz at random people. I don't even remember what I was saying. I only remember this once ticket lady smiled and said "oh that's nice!" 😅 she probably thought I was off my meds.

What a night that was.

Luther what are you doing over here?
My first few years were nothing but the RF. Then I branched into the FF. The PF was just a diversion brought about by the 2016 madness.
Once again, football is more interesting than anything being discussed elsewhere...........finally - on both ends.

100 times out of 100. Would love to see Hooker so honored, but I'm taking a national title every time. I was lucky enough to see one in my life, though I was only 12 and didn't much appreciate it, as I was more focused that night on Mankind defeating The Rock for the WWF championship. I won't make that mistake again if the chance comes around.
Same. I was like "sweet". But also like "we're so great, we'll probably win one every other year"

Man. We were so spoiled at that point lol

White outs are terrible. It’s the colour of surrender; I’ll never understand why teams do that. I like orange or black too

Who said we were having a white out? we cheggared kneeland. next up is just an old fashioned orange and white asswhipping.

When I think of Bama, my stomach turns. I really despise Alabama football.

No white outs, no orange outs. Just go out there, and win.

Bama is good, theyre talented. But this isnt Bama of mid 2010's. Nor is it Dooley's TN.

Depends on the new AD and what they can agree on. I think he could be an almost instant success.
I think Deion would want total control (no questions asked) of the football program and everything associated with it, but I’m not sure a new AD at an institution who isn’t sports inclined can/will give that to him.

Reactions: luthervol
Vol Nation,

You've got it. When I was active duty (many years ago so there were significantly fewer female service members) the commissaries had paper bags that said "The hardest job in the world is being a Navy wife." Today that would say Navy spouse.

Basically you're both serving. I pray the Lord watches over you and your family and speeds the day when you will be together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back