Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% on point. Fans would make the absolute worst GM's of all time. It doesn't help that most of them blaming specific AC's and calling for frequent firing of said AC's don't know what they are talking about.
Yeah…. I would have fired and hired four new DC’s before the end of the game Saturday lol

This is worth the read and hell of a win boys sorry ain't been around yet.Sucks a family member who's been sick with cancer and other health concerns passed away yesterday afternoon.He absoutely loved UT football and has had season tickets for eons.

Well since he's been sick he hasn't been able to go.So yesterday morning asks grand daughter if she wanted to go take her 2 brothers.Why ocourse they do and they freaking had a blast.They grabbed a few souvenirs for papa n pictures qnd headed home.Called n called n no answer finally get home and go inside.Hes layed in his bed with the game on TV and no pulse.
Lord knows them kids need all the prayers they can get and football is the most unimportant thing right now.

Heres the part makes u glad to be a Vol in a gloomy unimportant moment.Man there zo lucky they had cameras n the room just to observe him.That man passed away exactly 7 minutes and 22 seconds after the final whistle.He never moved the whole game.With that final whistle blow he raised his arm maybe 30°.Hey I'm a tuff dude n I cried watching it with them.Its been very tuff but I really really don't think people understand just how big sports impact people's lifes.I know i personally have leaned on ppl here n a dark spot in my life.
That is so cool about him raising his arm. So sorry for the loss will be praying for the family.

Considering we are now recruiting generational type QBs, I sure think so. May even get better once we can surround said QBs with more skill talent and better defenses.

Up and up from here with this kind of recruiting.
I don’t think we need a generational type qb for this offense bc we don’t ask our qb to read coverages or fit the ball into tight spaces…. I am definitely glad to get as good talent as possible…..I hope we can fill the other units with top of the line talent…. This team has the chance to dominate in a few years.

Does anyone think we will start at some point incorporating the 5-10yd slant? It's almost like slants are illegal at UT... With the way we spread out the DB's, we could doing quite well...
Could it be that the splits make that throw a little longer than normal and, therefore, more prone to being picked? Just a thought

Reactions: MarcoVol
IMO, they will go back to the drawing board and simplify coverages for LSU. We were really bad when we were in cloud and split field against Florida. Any time that you man up you are risking a big play. Really good man corners are hard to come by. If you have them in this league you have an NFL backfield. We don't have an NFL backfield. We aren't particularly good at S and we didn't do them any favors with some of the coverage/blitz packages we threw at UF Saturday. They were in max protection and any coverage is going to struggle when the QB has time to set his feet. We aren't going to be a lock down backfield and anyone expecting that is being unrealistic. Those guys play hard but right now there isn't a guy back there that would make a roster at the next level besides possibly Flowers. There are a couple who can develop but they aren't close right now. We are at our best when we play cover 3 and run multiple blitzes from that set. I would bet that we see a heavy dose of that in Baton Rouge in 2 weeks. I will add that Napier is a very good WR coach. He made his name there early on. He did a great job of flooding our zone and running the lbs and safeties too deep on their assignments and creating huge pockets to throw to in our zone. That doesn't excuse our performance on pass defense, just what I saw.

Yeah.. They decided they were not gonna let AR beat us with his legs and were willing to live with result...

Which tells me they were super confident in how our offense would fair against the defense. And they probably didn't see a 400+ yards performance coming...🤷‍♂️

But as bad as it was, I think it was more about game plan than lack of ability.

That doesn't excuse the poor tackling tho.

Coaching wise, I think they did a great job over all. Two things I didn't like was the party calling on our last drive... Felt like we took our foot of the gas to protect the lead. And prior to that, when we had them backed up on our goal...I hated the 3rd down call.

Outside of that... Offensively I thought they were excellent. Hindsight being what it is, they probably could have mixed up some things with secondary, made it to easy on them.

I thought we were great against the run and we applied good pressure to AR most of the game.

Loved the punt game.😁

It'll be interesting to see how we game plan against LSU, who will present a similar matchup offensively, with what I think are better wr's than Florida.
I sorta disagree with ya on the part of CH taking his foot off the gas pedal. At one point we were up 17 with like 5 mins left. Then our D let them drive 70 yards in one min. This game didn't end like a normal game usually does when a team is up by 17 or 11. What are the odds on successful onside kicks? I seriously don't know but I am sure it is super low. That onside kick had a perfect bounce that went high for their tall wr that made a one handed grab. If CH passes like usual and they are incomplete it stops the clock. I really think he thought like the rest of us that UF didn't not have enough time. But again there is nothing usual about this game when we play UF. lol I'm just saying, the way this game went isn't the norm. lol It should have been over on the onside kick. They beat the odds on that onside kick.

Last edited:
Hey, John Peery, if you're around here (please God, let him be running around in here)...let me just say...you suck, your gray beard sucks, pretty sure your suck sucks, the gerbil up your ass sucks, your mostly retirement sucks, your 2006 Scion xB sucks, your cooking sucks, your fandom sucks, your dipsh!t take about Malzahn sucks, your twitter acct sucks (the baby in the pic is adorable; but, the pic still sucks because you're in it), your Casio watch sucks, your retweets suck, and your agreement with that piece of sh!t Wolken sucks ...you traitorous cucko.

Hey, John Peery, if you're around here (please God, let him be running around in here)...let me just say...you suck, your gray beard sucks, pretty sure your suck sucks, the gerbil up your ass sucks, your mostly retirement sucks, your 2006 Scion xB sucks, your cooking sucks, your fandom sucks, your dipsh!t take about Malzahn sucks, your twitter acct sucks (the baby in the pic is adorable; but, the pic still sucks because you're in it), your Casio watch sucks, your retweets suck, and your agreement with that piece of sh!t Wolken sucks ...you traitorous cucko.

tenor-23.gif

Something I noticed this year with the offense is we are playing with decisive pace. We aren’t always going 100mph. I love it because a lot of talk was made that because we go so fast all the time it creates a lot of advantages. But we’ve slowed it down a lot more this year and have executed at the same time
We don’t have to go fast all the time. We just have to line up fast. It keeps the defense from being able to sub.

I think Martinez is the problem. The last time he coached here our Secondary was very similar to this one. Poor tackling and always out of position. I remember reading on here years ago that it was mentioned by Fair how badly coached our Secondary looked under Martinez. No clue if it's true, but Martinez was gone soon after and Fair was hired.Maybe a coincidence or maybe not. But the the X factor in the that Secondary to this uears is Martinez. They were really horrid last season too. Martinez isn't even a good recruiter anymore. That's how he made a name for himself. Either way, we've gotta upgrade our Secondary talent and upgrade the Coaching there. If we ever can get a top 20 Defense, we will be hard to play with our Offense!

We’ve got a great DB class because of Willie. You fire him and they de commit then the entire staff is set for failure. You guys can’t be happy unless you’re firing someone.

I sorta disagree with ya on the part of CH taking his foot off the gas pedal. At one point we were up 17 with like 5 mins left. Then our D let them drive 70 yards in one min. This game didn't end like a normal game usually does when a team is up by 17 or 11. What are the offs on successful onside kicks? I seriously don't know but I am sure it is super low. That onside kick had a perfect bounce that went high for their tall wr that made a one handed grab. If CH passes like usual and they are incomplete it stops the clock. I really think he thought like the rest of us that UF didn't not have enough time. But again there is nothing usual about this game when we play UF. lol I'm just saying, the way this game went isn't the norm. lol It should have been over on the onside kick. They beat the odds on that onside kick.
Sure, I get that. It was just against the grain for how our offense operates and more importantly, what had been successful during the game. Strategy wise, it's certainly not wrong to shorten the game up 17 late in the 4th qtr.

I just remember thinking as I was watching it, that I didn't like it. It was 'out of character' more or less, and it felt like we were trying not to touch the money.🤷‍♂️

Even in telling you all that, at the time I still never imagined Florida would have a shot at winning.... So while I didn't like it, I wasn't mad about it either.

Sure, I get that. It was just against the grain for how our offense operates and more importantly, what had been successful during the game. Strategy wise, it's certainly not wrong to shorten the game up 17 late in the 4th qtr.

I just remember thinking as I was watching it, that I didn't like it. It was 'out of character' more or less, and it felt like we were trying not to touch the money.🤷‍♂️

Even in telling you all that, at the time I still never imagined Florida would have a shot at winning.... So while I didn't like it, I wasn't mad about it either.
I sure don't disagree with ya on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back