Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t think the defense, particularly the secondary, has the guys yet. Not sure it’s an X’s and O’s thing so much as a talent thing. The team as a whole isn’t THERE yet as in elite, but I don’t think anyone can doubt the direction right now. Heupel and co. have impressed mightily.
Now we just need the Jimmies and Joes

Takeo Spikes has UT as #2 in SEC. Doesn’t mean anything but I like it

He really stuck his neck out there on that take.

t-spikes.jpg

Me too……

In ‘95 I went to the UT-UF game in Gainesville. After the game, the soft top on my jeep was shredded with a razor blade. All I had was a small “Block T” on my bumper
My Dad and younger brother were followed and cursed and threatened by a bunch of idiot drunks while leaving the Swamp after a game in the early 2010s, one of the idiots threw a piss filled balloon at their car as they were driving away..my frail little old Dad was 69-70 and had just had a triple bypass a couple of years before that and was understandably scared half to death.

I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

Let’s let Tim Banks take the HC job at somewhere like Illinois and bring in Collins for DC. Or try to steal Arnett from MSU
I wouldn’t disagree but Banks is still handicapped. D Line is improved as well as LB’s. Corners are serviceable but catch a lot of flack because people see big plays and assume it’s all on the corners but these guys are truly on an island and don’t get help over top. Our safeties have been slow for many years (really since Berry). Battle came on his senior season but couldn’t cover and now 2 esssentially 4 year starters (Flowers & McCollough) at safety are very slow for the SEC. It’s our Achilles heal. Losing Key was our biggest transfer loss IMO. That 4th quarter pass to Shorter yesterday was in the air for about 10 seconds and even in cover 2 McCollough was 5 yards away when he caught it.

My Dad and younger brother were followed and cursed and threatened by a bunch of idiot drunks while leaving the Swamp after a game in the early 2010s, one of the idiots threw a piss filled balloon at their car as they were driving away..my frail little old Dad was 69-70 and had just had a triple bypass a couple of years before that and was understandably scared half to death.

I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns.
I’ve heard horror stories but am of the opinion that there are jerks in every fanbase and good folks in every fanbase. It’s like anything else — I remember my dad once telling me that “you’ll find a-holes in every walk of life,” and I think that applies here. I’ve dealt with some but also met some really nice people. Met a couple yesterday in fact — Florida fans in their mid-50s sitting right in front of us otherwise in a sea of Vol fans. We struck up a conversation and they were very gracious in defeat.

Our defense played a lot better against Pitt. I don’t buy the transitive property here. AR15 just did what Fl QB’s always do against us and he played at his absolute best.

We’re not good defensively, but we’re not that bad either, imo. An infusion of talent in the next couple of recruiting classes along with some portal additions will help a lot
You are probably right, but I was having disturbing visions last night while watching the game of BY, SB4 and Levis shredding us like that...with a real defense on their side unlike AR15.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Really looking forward to Kentucky vs Ole Miss next weekend. I still can't tell if Kentucky is good or not. They faced an absolutely awful version of Florida and have played no one else.
And they’ve had some struggles against pretty bad competition. Still think Levis is overvalued. Bet it’s a fun game on 10/29.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The similarities are striking…

View attachment 494451

Watching that f'n moron ranting and raving like a loon while being held back until the official had to throw a flag giving us an automatic first down was pure comedy. It was like a basketball coach intentionally getting a technical only he's too stupid to understand the ramifications. I've said it before but I'm very excited to see how far off the rails he can take the gator train. If Butch had a 14 year old daughter coaching in the SEC I think her name would be billy.

Does anyone think we will start at some point incorporating the 5-10yd slant? It's almost like slants are illegal at UT... With the way we spread out the DB's, we could doing quite well...
Hyatt has been hit a few times, one for a td here. I’m sure he will continue feasting on these with his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back