Inept refs? Horse collars?

The SEC crew working the Florida game was just as inept and embarrassing as the Tennessee defense, the one guy couldn't even point to the team the penalty was enforced on, missed horse collars, missed offensive holding calls, missed touch downs, as much money rolling through the SEC coffers these days, we can attract the best referrees in the business and start getting rid of the incompetent guys that can't get it right.

The horse collars were just ticky tacky and I had no problem with them not being called, the TD they didn’t give us even after replaying it I had a huge problem with. How you get that wrong even after replay is just plain ineptitude or cheating, one or the other.
I don't really have a problem with the horse collars or the reviews. My biggest beef is the misses on holding especially when it's wide open in space AND on the side the play goes to. Eyes have to be all in the area and it's in the wide open. How is it missed?

IMHO the refs were abomidable..The 2 horse collar tackles missed were just an extension of their horrible calls(missed OR called) the first 3 quarters..Steve Shaw should go in-depth with this film and issue an apology to BOTH teams..JMHO

Those Refs yesterday may have been the worst crew I have ever seen. A lot of hooking and holding pass rushers. They evidently didn't know that when the ball breaks the plane not the player it is a touchdown. They let a Florida guy get up and keep running after he went down an easy call that Tennessee had to challenge.

I think their should be a panel and teams can send in video proof of missed calls from the refs. The panel should then start deducting pay yo the refs who miss calls especially to the ones who make or don't make calls that can change the out come of the game in critical moments. This will straighten up the refs or they will be fired and replaced with people who are competent enough to call the game fair.

I guess the good news is, they were consistent, as both sides agree they were horrendous. I think both sides were equally assisted and hurt to the point it probably canceled out and didn’t affect the outcome. TN won because they were better and earned it. But that entire officiating crew seemed to not be up to the level of a game this size.

The horse collars were just ticky tacky and I had no problem with them not being called, the TD they didn’t give us even after replaying it I had a huge problem with. How you get that wrong even after replay is just plain ineptitude or cheating, one or the other.
That first one could’ve ended Hooker’s season. There’s a reason it is a penalty.

I guess the good news is, they were consistent, as both sides agree they were horrendous. I think both sides were equally assisted and hurt to the point it probably canceled out and didn’t affect the outcome. TN won because they were better and earned it. But that entire officiating crew seemed to not be up to the level of a game this size.
Yeah that one Richardson touchdown was laughable. You could tell he got over the goal line live. Instead they wasted our time taking it to review.

Yeah that one Richardson touchdown was laughable. You could tell he got over the goal line live. Instead they wasted our time taking it to review.
It was pretty clear. I wonder if they were actually looking at his knee. When he first went to drive, he dipped really low and his one knee was really close to the ground. And that was well short of the goal line.

Reactions: VolPack22
The most infuriating thing for me was the clock. How many times did they stop the clock for no reason, not properly run the clock, not get the playclock going, reset the playclock, ask for the clock to be adjusted, etc. That right there showed poor game administration.

Ticky tacky?? If either of those had injured Hooker, would you still feel that way?? There is a reason they are 15 yard personal foul penalties..They have ended seasons AND careers..JMHO..TIFWIW..Carry on>>>>>

Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. I get that it's a thankless job. However, if you suck at the job, find a different job.

Reactions: jonnon111
Ticky tacky?? If either of those had injured Hooker, would you still feel that way?? There is a reason they are 15 yard personal foul penalties..They have ended seasons AND careers..JMHO..TIFWIW..Carry on>>>>>

Yeah ! Ticky tacky, both times they let go and didn’t drag him to the ground. That’s just the reality of it.

Between the poor officiating, Gary Danielson, our poor defensive performance, and their coach acting like an idiot out on the field, it was a tense game to watch. SO happy we won anyway. That’s a game where if we had lost would have stuck with me for years.

VN Store

Back