Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think the only thing that would beat TN, is TN. As of now, there is nothing on paper or film that suggest this game should be close. We have to get through the mental block and execute, and that can/will be a bigger challenge than the game itself. If so...

giphy.gif

We are gonna score plenty Saturday, but our defense is going to steal the show..

42-17 Vols
If we can stop their running game, then I will feel much better about the rest of the year. My biggest concern for Saturday is Florida controlling the game on the ground. Pitt ran the ball against us too well for my liking. Especially the long run early in the game. Our defense just has to limit big plays and be solid on 3rd downs.
I have watched Napier for several years in Sun Belt. He wants to run, run, run. He loves to grind it out. We must get the lead early and force him to throw more.

If we can stop their running game, then I will feel much better about the rest of the year. My biggest concern for Saturday is Florida controlling the game on the ground. Pitt ran the ball against us too well for my liking. Especially the long run early in the game. Our defense just has to limit big plays and be solid on 3rd downs.
I have watched Napier for several years in Sun Belt. He wants to run, run, run. He loves to grind it out. We must get the lead early and force him to throw more.

Pitt didn't really run well against us if you take away the long run. Obviously the long run "counts" but I'll take one of Florida's backs getting 120+ yards if one of them comes on a near 80-yard run and the rest of the game we're holding them to around 3 yards a carry (which is what happened vs Pitt).

Not really. If you take away that early 76 yd TD run by Abanikanda (who was a track sprinter), we contained them pretty well, especially after we settled in.

The Joros here have very skinny bodies, but I don’t know how many species there are now. Last year they were EVERYWHERE in Alpharetta. Kingdom of the Spiders William Shatner EVERYWHERE.

This year we have less as they’ve migrated outward. The current estimate is that they move 10 miles per year and are already showing up in the Carolinas and Tennessee.

I am just up the road from you. We have a healthy population of them this year.

Some numbers for Saturday:

UF:
#32 in rushing offense
#113 in rushing defense (yikes)
#121 in passing offense (yikes)
#27 in passing yards allowed
#77 in Total defense
#98 in Total offense

UT:
#56 in rushing offense
#19 in rushing defense
#5 in passing offense
#100 in passing yards allowed (🥴)
#51 in Total defense
#3 in Total offense

My thoughts:
It’s strength on strength for offense vs defense. UF is susceptible to the run on defense where we are slightly above average and their strength on defense is going against our strength.. passing. On the flip side, their strength is running the ball which is what the strength of our defense is. We are susceptible on passing but UF is at the bottom of CFB in passing currently.

In the end, if we neutralize their running game then I can see us winning by 2-3 TDs.. honestly. Unless UF miraculously finds a passing game or they are able to dominate the strength of our defense then I don’t see them keeping up with our scoring. I think if we score more than 24 points that gives us a great shot to win and I like our offense to be able to do that.

Last edited:
Pitt didn't really run well against us if you take away the long run. Obviously the long run "counts" but I'll take one of Florida's backs getting 120+ yards if one of them comes on a near 80-yard run and the rest of the game we're holding them to around 3 yards a carry (which is what happened vs Pitt).
And there was major holding on that play that wasn’t called

Don't get any ideas about Oak Ridge you morans

Hey. We burn mattresses and toss mustard/golf balls. We do not detonate nuclear reactors. We know where to draw the line unlike those crazy Utes. They send their "women" to games topless and threaten to eradicate their entire city if they lose a game. Weirdos.

I’m with Bass on this. We’re undoubtedly a better team but 30 years of Florida games tells me this game is never normal. Since Tebow left, the difference between UT and UF is truly not that great but it’s gone pretty poorly for us. Flip side of the UK game.

Think it’s also fair to say we won’t have arrived even if we beat Florida because Florida isn’t that good. We play a complete competitive game against UGA or Bama, then we’ve arrived.

I really don’t know how to break it to y’all, but we’re just going to have to watch the game to see if we win or lose.

All the hand wringing, making hysterical posts or losing sleep will not change the outcome in any way. I learned this the hard way.
giphy (3).gif

Our coaches said at the beginning that we call plays based on what the defense gives us….. it’s why we use wide splits….. makes the defense be in either a run defense or pass defense…. Pitt played us to stop the run and trusted their secondary to play man coverage for most of the game.
Evidently Bass didn't see that...pretty much everyone else on here realized what Narduzzi was doing. The gamble worked because Hooker overthrew/underthrew several big plays..and the 💩ty refs made several big bad calls/no calls...and we had a couple of protection breakdowns on third down, and finally the TOs...yet still put 27 up and scored twice in OT in just a few plays.

Rewatching the game made ne see how big of a gamble Nardookie actually made. He was lucky that we didn't hang 40+ on them in regulation.

He gambled and got really lucky several times, and that is what happened in that game...and it will happen again against other talented teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back