Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have to have the same production from that person.

We just have to get production. And it will just be more spread out vs 18 targets to one guy.

It's a big loss at a terrible time. But one wr really shouldn't be the death nail for this team given how the offense works.
Lol..."death nail"...there is another one for the VN lexicon 😁

Sorry Jake

If we can stop their running game, then I will feel much better about the rest of the year. My biggest concern for Saturday is Florida controlling the game on the ground. Pitt ran the ball against us too well for my liking. Especially the long run early in the game. Our defense just has to limit big plays and be solid on 3rd downs.
I have watched Napier for several years in Sun Belt. He wants to run, run, run. He loves to grind it out. We must get the lead early and force him to throw more.

The long run happened so im not saying ignore it but Pitt didn’t really run the ball all that well against us outside of that one run. One blown assignment lead to 76 of their 141 rushing yards. Outside of that they ran the ball for 65 yards at 1.7 YPC. If we can limit any big plays then I trust this defense to stop the run game. Running QB I think helps them but this front 7 has played well against the run so far. I trust them.

We don't have to have the same production from that person.

We just have to get production. And it will just be more spread out vs 18 targets to one guy.

It's a big loss at a terrible time. But one wr really shouldn't be the death nail for this team given how the offense works.
My biggest concern is that our running game hasn't been that great so far.

Tillman gave a real schematic advantage though and now that's gone. More pressure on every other receiver and the run game too.

Think we'll still be fine. But with Tillman I knew we'd be good to go.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
My comment was in no way suggesting that people are irredeemable, of course they are. The point was simply that there was a pattern of poor life choices and self-control issues.

While I had no substance abuse problems, I also dropped out of college, then failed at a couple of jobs, then my father kicked me out of the house. After being effectively homeless for a bit, I enlisted in the Army, got my crap together, eventually getting an early release to return to college, where I finished my degree and earned a commission. After leaving the Army I started the business I now run 30 years later. I made poor choices and got in a hole, then stopped making poor choices and dug my way out. Unfortunately many don't.
So what I am saying is, and i believe you are too, that who you are now, was in the past, and who you are in the future are not the same person. And that you can be a bad person or make bad decisions and change for the better. Which is why Wallen can redeem himself

Is that a petrified copperhead?
We were screwing around yest and there was an eel 2 feet away from us, scared the excrement out of me

And ethan keeps touching me while snorkeling, trying to point out a tang or some such, and i come up out water and im like look, if you touch me again ill kill ya, i can see the fish bruh, 🐟 but i think a shark is grabbin hold of me when you pull that crap, so he does it more

Even without Tillman, our offense should be light years ahead of Florida's. AR has been horrible this year. As long as we contain him and keep him from running, we should be okay. People are letting this game get inside their heads. We are the better team. Barring some fluke, we should win.

The long run happened so im not saying ignore it but Pitt didn’t really run the ball all that well against us outside of that one run. One blown assignment lead to 76 of their 141 rushing yards. Outside of that they ran the ball for 65 yards at 1.7 YPC. If we can limit any big plays then I trust this defense to stop the run game. Running QB I think helps them but this front 7 has played well against the run so far. I trust them.
I agree. We just cannot give up 76 yard TD runs. Solid defenses just don’t do it.

I think it said more about what they thought of Pitt's corners and our ability to win 1 on 1.

That said, I've not been overly impressed with our run game yet either.
#77 in YPC vs 34th last year.

Guess Cade and Tiyon may have been bigger losses than expected.

Anyone with confirmation that Richardson is still dinged up/not 100% in terms of mobility? If we can contain him and not give up big runs/3rd down conversions from him, then I like our chances a little better... if he is still a big run threat, then I think it is a tighter game. Not having Tillman as his safety blanket may make Hooker a bit inconsistent more than he has been, which won't be good... I don't like how the media is pumping us up again as a blowout... this ain't gonna be a blowout...

Sorry guys, just many many years of where we should have won and didn't because the pressure made us 'ish the bed still is giving me major BVS... I really want us to take the next step here... Neyland fans CANNOT let the team down with the noise-- I think it will play a major factor...
Had a chance to sit up in the box to watch this game and I turned it down because of nerves... I always need to watch this game at home... I HATE FL. GBO!!

I agree. We just cannot give up 76 yard TD runs. Solid defenses just don’t do it.
Florida week, one is basically guaranteed.

I really think they'll have their typical big plays, but not as many. And outside of those, they'll struggle.

We can't get too low or high emotionally. We didn't vs Pitt and that was a great sign of our maturity.

Even without Tillman, our offense should be light years ahead of Florida's. AR has been horrible this year. As long as we contain him and keep him from running, we should be okay. People are letting this game get inside their heads. We are the better team. Barring some fluke, we should win.

That "fluke" has been us 'ishing the bed because of nerves and playing too tight many of these games --- If this team plays like it is capable of, doesn't give up, stays focused and on fire, then we have a great chance of winning... It's all about mental toughness this year...

That's all I am hoping for. I am by no means guaranteeing a win. Like others have said, I do believe we have the team to do it. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot like we did against Pitt that we can agree on. You can't keep doing that week in and week out. I do hope we see the sharper Hooker this week and you know CH has been trying to correct it and if anyone can he can. I'm just saying for the first time in 10 years we actually have a team that can go out and win on a weekly bases with exception of course of a couple of team BUT even they are a possibility if they don't come out and play their A game.
UF defense is young and has struggled with alignment issues.

Their primary starting linebacker (supposed heart of their defense) is out, which won't help their alignment issues.
They have not faced an up-tempo offense like our, where even good defenses have problems lining up and being ready for the snap.
They will be in a loud, crazy, ravenous enemy stadium where they can't hear themselves think, which won't help their alignment.

I expect UF to have to score a LOT of points to beat us, and I don't expect them to be able to. Their new HBC will have to completely change his mindset to hurt us in the passing game, since most of what he likes to do, their QB doesn't like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back