Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, and Shania Twain for today's "country music".
I've always thought Garth's "In Pieces" album was the beginning of the end of good country music. I quit listening to WIVK (Knoxville country radio station) because of "Standing Outside the Fire". I would add Kenny Chesney to your list of country killers.

I've always thought Garth's "In Pieces" album was the beginning of the end of good country music. I quit listening to WIVK (Knoxville country radio station) because of "Standing Outside the Fire". I would add Kenny Chesney to your list of country killers.
Same on that Garth album. Trash.

Keith Whitley is a 🐐 FTR

Really? Are we good? We’ve played two teams Georgia state would manhandle and Pitt. Our offense was abysmal at Pitt and that was with Tillman. And if we hadn’t taken out Slovis the second half would’ve been a lot different.

I’ve seen nothing that has shown that we have arrived. Hooker still throwing it high, run game is non existent so far, small and Sampson are hurt and Tillman is out. defense seems to be playing well, but again, they have not been tested.

I think we win too bc Fl is terrible. But we’ve all said this before

Take your cup and chaps off. We are not going to lose this game.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Oh and Wright obviously can’t be fumbling the ball in this one like he has been doing. We’ve got to not screw ourselves in this one
I was concerned about that too, but i think he’s cleaned it up. 1 fumble in each of the first two games, 22 carries total. 23 carries in the Akron game, no fumbles

This might be the difference.
We gonna need a full team effort from coaching staff on down.Man this would definitely be a great game for Bru Mccoy to introduce himself to the world.Go route or slant for 60 and a Td first drive would be badass and set the tone.If we get Bru going Hyatt/Keyton/Squirrel will feast.Be a nice game to employee some speed our wrs got it to burn.We get them to back off and feed the middle of the field,toss a few tight end plays out there.

You would be correct.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
On Florida: seems like athleticism has given Florida the edge year after year, barring 2016. Our O has clicked into another gear since last year and speed and discipline on D seems to be emerging. That's why folks are picking the Vols and rightly so. What CJH and company are putting together is different. This team has the potential pass Florida by and keep going. Go Vols.

We're starting at 10:30.
Not selling, giving.
I would suggest BYOB just in case cause there's no such thing as too much beer, especially if you have something you like specifically.

Also everything is free, but we do ask everyone to join the Volunteer Club that can. These are the cool experiences we are trying to use our 10% cut of the money for.
george-clooney-wtf.gif

great-scott-surprised.gif

Here in DeKalb County Alan had (he still might) a house on the lake. I haven't heard a good thing about him. Aaron Tippin lives here as well and is the exact opposite.
Tippin is always thought of as a great dude.

Think some (all of that) comes from a formerly bearded Middle Eastern Dude who lives upstairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paper_Towel
I really don’t know how to break it to y’all, but we’re just going to have to watch the game to see if we win or lose.

All the hand wringing, making hysterical posts or losing sleep will not change the outcome in any way. I learned this the hard way.
True dat. However, although I know on paper and with the eye test, it seems we should win big, I am starting to get that bad feeling as we nudge closer to kickoff. Every year we have been saying the same things about this game, then we crap the bed and lose in a multitude of different ways. Then, we say afterwards from this point forward beating Florida will be a have to see it to believe it thing. Next year comes and we are back to same place of we are winning this game. This year definitely seems way different (and we have never been the outright better team), but I keep thinking back over the years and all I can think is how will we throw this one away. Ugh! BVS against Florida is very real. I believe in Heup and this team, but they need to play their best game to date in his short tenure to show this is a completely different Tennessee program from this point forward. Let’s get it done!

I’m sticking with my prediction even without Tillman…52-16! I really want to believe Heup can get this monkey off our program’s back in a very big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back