Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw blitzing every play? We haven’t begun to dig into our bag of blitz combos.
the qb was getting the ball out with short routes all night. There was no time to get to him.
I saw a lots of blitzes, yes. If you take me exactly to my word - then obviously not every play, moran. Bottom line is we need to get more consistent pressure from front 4.

Oh I think necks year its clearly Milton, GM, then transfer.

I think Huepel goes after a proven guy, and lets the others compete. QB is too important to arbitrarily throw some slap nut frosh out there, Nico or not.

Nico not gonna be a Vol?!?!

After a night to sleep on it…

Our first team offense is elite/borderline elite. Pleased with the tackles. We have depth at some positions like WR but at others we need another year or two of recruits so we have little drop off. This is the main difference between Georgia/Bama and everyone else on both sides of the ball.

Milton, if (and that’s a huge if) he can be consistent, has a chance to throw a ton of touchdowns next year. He does things that Hendon cannot when he’s really on his game. That touchdown pass might be the best thrown ball I have seen. With Milton’s deep threat in particular, I would love to see what he and Squirrel do.

I’m not sold on our starting defense, and concerned about 2nd team. To be honest, I expected more after coaches talking up how much more depth we had. While it was not a bad game from them, it also had a few glaring holes that were present from last year. Both pass rush and DB play *cough*Burrell*cough* again were… well… mediocre at times. Hadden was a bright spot here. Yes, we played vanilla, but I thought we could generate heat without a blitz against a mac opponent.

I’d also like to mention that we played incredibly clean and fundamental outside of the botched exchange between Tayven Jackson and Justin-Williams Thomas. I’m pleased with the discipline and focus on both sides of the ball - I don’t remember us having more than two penalties.

Next week we find out what this team is really capable of. It will be anything but vanilla. We will need to be creative in how we attack Pitt. However they gave up some yards on the ground so I suspect we attack them up the gut early and often. Their pass rush will be crucial to pick up as well, need to be locked in on the edges. Slovis is no Pickett but he is also not a slouch. We cannot let him have time in the pocket or we will be picked apart. Expecting a high stress fun game next Saturday.

GBO

ACC returning champs and a mostly returning D should tell everyone that.

I'm still skeptical their new (old) offense can hang with us, but we'll see real soon.

Fingers crossed we have turned the corner and they've turned around.

If it's the same D as last year, would that be the D that could barely contain us last year, with Milton at QB and then a cold Hooker?

If we're not a radically better team than WV this year, then Pitt is the least of our worries.

After a night to sleep on it…

Our first team offense is elite/borderline elite. Pleased with the tackles. We have depth at some positions like WR but at others we need another year or two of recruits so we have little drop off. This is the main difference between Georgia/Bama and everyone else on both sides of the ball.

Milton, if (and that’s a huge if) he can be consistent, has a chance to throw a ton of touchdowns next year. He does things that Hendon cannot when he’s really on his game. That touchdown pass might be the best thrown ball I have seen. With Milton’s deep threat in particular, I would love to see what he and Squirrel do.

I’m not sold on our starting defense, and concerned about 2nd team. To be honest, I expected more after coaches talking up how much more depth we had. While it was not a bad game from them, it also had a few glaring holes that were present from last year. Both pass rush and DB play *cough*Burrell*cough* again were… well… mediocre at times. Hadden was a bright spot here. Yes, we played vanilla, but I thought we could generate heat without a blitz against a mac opponent.

I’d also like to mention that we played incredibly clean and fundamental outside of the botched exchange between Tayven Jackson and Justin-Williams Thomas. I’m pleased with the discipline and focus on both sides of the ball - I don’t remember us having more than two penalties.

Next week we find out what this team is really capable of. It will be anything but vanilla. We will need to be creative in how we attack Pitt. However they gave up some yards on the ground so I suspect we attack them up the gut early and often. Their pass rush will be crucial to pick up as well, need to be locked in on the edges. Slovis is no Pickett but he is also not a slouch. We cannot let him have time in the pocket or we will be picked apart. Expecting a high stress fun game next Saturday.

GBO
We need a couple elite running backs in a bad way

Has there been any word on the people who didn't play yesterday? Will Mitchell be back next week. I also feel like some other notable names weren't active.

its crazy, we have two heavily lauded frosh. and i didnt see one iota of qb being in danger of a sack, what I did see was blitzing every play.

Now, BY did redirect a couple times.
You are falling all over yourself to be as negative as you can. Just an observation, but it seems pretty obvious to me.

I am not worried about run defense but I am worried about pass defense. Looking at Pitt, they ran for 78 yards but passed for 308 or something. 4 better get it together or get his butt on the bench

Safeties and #4 are going to be a liability all year. Just pray we can bring more pressure.

Cmon man. NO! I was talking about necks years pecking order.

Nico will be a Vol. Who will be the starter? Regardless of Nico's ranking he will have to compete for backup.

You mentioned Gaston Moore and not Nico though...you should be sharper today, being you turned the game off early and went to bed.

I told you next year's pecking order Milton then Nico. TJ is the only QB on squad that has any shot at beating out Nico for QB 2, but he may transfer...no clue yet.

To think Gaston Moore will ever be our QB 2 is crazy talk.

Has there been any word on the people who didn't play yesterday? Will Mitchell be back next week. I also feel like some other notable names weren't active.

Calloway at WR was one I didn't see either. Also don't recall if Turnage played or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back