Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole thing is a product of PETA and HSUS pulling the wool over the public's eyes.

Killing baby (white) seals isn't a huge practice and has been banned in Canada since 1987. The natives/Inuit hunt adult ring and harp seals - rarely young seals. They eat the meat and sell whatever pelts they don't use for income.

When large bans, especially in the European Union, for seal products were levied and the market crashed due to society recoiling in horror, average Inuit income went from $53k to $1k. Seal furs were the primary income for many. 7/10 Inuit youth go to school hungry.

Of course PETA and HSUS don't care how their lobbying and misinformation affects indigenous people, children, communities. Their extremist ideology is more important than other peoples' survival.
Thank you.

Reactions: SoilVol
I won't argue that. Griffey Jr. is the best I will ever see play in my lifetime. But Hank? Take away all of his home runs and he still has over 3,000 hits. Still the all time leader in RBIs, extra base hits, and total bases. A 3 time gold glove winner. 1 of only 7 players to have reached 500 home runs and 3000 hits and his #s in those categories completely dwarf the other 6 players.

Hank never struck out 100 times in a single year.

Now, players hit that by the all star game

I won't argue that. Griffey Jr. is the best I will ever see play in my lifetime. But Hank? Take away all of his home runs and he still has over 3,000 hits. Still the all time leader in RBIs, extra base hits, and total bases. A 3 time gold glove winner. 1 of only 7 players to have reached 500 home runs and 3000 hits and his #s in those categories completely dwarf the other 6 players.
Hank was one of the three greatest no doubt, but as good as he was defensively...he wasn't in the same realm as Jr and Willie.

I don't want to argue about it much because I revere Hank Aaron, but those two guys were transcendent miraculously great defensive talents.

My skepticism of Willie Martinez goes back to when he was the DC at UGA in 2009 and I sat in Neyland watching his defense look completely clueless as the heretofore incompetent Jonathan Crompton ran bootleg after bootleg to hit deep passes and run them out of the stadium. It was like they didn’t understand that was a legal play they were so surprised by it every time.

But I understand he has improved over the years and I’m happy to have him as our DB’s coach. Some coordinators aren’t cut out to be head coaches and some position coaches aren’t cut out to be coordinators.
He’s a good DB coach - not a good DC.

Saw this sign going into Captain D's to get my daughter some grilled salmon for dinner. This past a whole team of marketing experts.
View attachment 478033
Never mind the younger generation’s (I’m assuming 😒) lack of grammar and lack of proofreading. I’m more concerned you went to Captain D’s for grilled salmon. Do you not like her? Problem child? There’s easier ways to get them to fall in line.

Follow me for more child rearing insights.

Willie Mays is my all time favorite player. Still not convinced he was better than Hank. Hank has the lifetime total bases record.
Longevity was Hanks superpower, and it was amazing how long he stayed at such a high level, but in my mind, I have to figure that into the comparisons.

I think at their greatest points that Willie and Jr were both better. It's not just the offense that I take into account when doing the comparisons, it's also the freaking insane spectacular defense they both played.

Hank was a very very very good to great fielder, but he was not on their level as a fielder...almost nobody has ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back