Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope our D is improved. I been watching game highlights all evening. We was out of place so many times. CBs were suspect. Banks takes terrible angles all the time. Hardly no rush. And QB contain was atrocious. I dont remember it being that bad during the season but I'm sad now.

Well..why dont you suit up and help them out since youve got it all figured out.

I really hope our D is improved. I been watching game highlights all evening. We was out of place so many times. CBs were suspect. Banks takes terrible angles all the time. Hardly no rush. And QB contain was atrocious. I dont remember it being that bad during the season but I'm sad now.
Lower your expectations.

Reasonable thread I think we can all agree with.

I think we’re a 7 to 9 win regular season team right now. It has been 15 years since we’ve won 9 regular season games. It would be a massive achievement to get there in 2022. The biggest determining factor will be 3rd down defense.

one is European, other is a genetic freak. both crush it in the snow.
White squirrels, sometimes misidentified as albino squirrels are more commonplace in Asia but they do appear in certain geographic regions of North America.

It says NA and Asia. I'm not sure about Europe, probably need to check DN.

Yeah, my humor wasnt appreciated.

Never is 😂.

'If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!'
I've been known to go over to the FF. Half the time I'm scratching my head, half the time I'm thinking they're crazy, and the other half I try to help. It's an easy way to get your good deed of the day done.

Update:
Things have progressed as expected with West Virginia RB transfer Lyn-J Dixon, as we’ve hinted over the past couple days, and I expect him to arrive at Tennessee sometime today. That should put him on track to go through his first practice with the Vols on Thursday.

I know every fanbase feels like they are slighted in the media, but I really believe it is legitimate with us. There is some sort of hate there and I don't get it.
Its because when they aired a commercial totally disrespecting UT and its fans in August of 2002, they got major pushback and it turned into a bad publicity nightmare. They figured Tennessee would just roll over and take it and since we didn't, they've held a grudge ever since...
ESPN yanks commercial about Tennessee

Here is the actual commercial that aired.

Its because when they aired a commercial totally disrespecting UT and its fans in August of 2002, they got major pushback and it turned into a bad publicity nightmare. They figured Tennessee would just roll over and take it and since we didn't, they've held a grudge ever since...
ESPN yanks commercial about Tennessee

Here is the actual commercial that aired.

Wow!!! I never saw that. And I already hated them.

Tennessee was back out on the practice field on a warm Wednesday morning for practice No. 3 of fall camp. Today, the shoulder pads came on – but there’s still no knee or thigh pads, thus it’s not considered full pads. I’ve been told there’s 2-3 practice days of shells before the full pads will come on, likely Saturday.

Still, you can do a lot with the shoulder pads now on. The 11-on-11 period becomes clearer, though offensive and defensive lines still can’t go all the way ‘full-go.’ There’s no tackling to the ground but definitely some ‘popping’ heard all around the practice field today. The defense can now ‘mesh up’ with the ball carrier and the continued battling amongst the DBs and WRs continues on.

With the shoulder pads coming on, the intensity also stepped up a notch. Coaches were all over the team during circuits and individual work, preaching to give more and dig harder. Rodney Garner was his usual self, working the line on the bags while Brian Jean-Mary was animated in getting his crew to stay low coming out of their stances.

The intensity might have been at its peak over with the offensive line as day three of camp is already showing some aggressiveness throughout competition – especially with Gerald Mincey and RJ Perry this morning. Expect some spirited competition to continue with that group as the left tackle position is completely up for grabs.

One other note, veteran Jackson Lampley received some praise from Glen Elarbee on the morning during group work for his mechanical work.

Looking at the skill positions this morning, the quarterbacks and wide receivers were working redzone passing right at about the five and 10-yard lines going in. Jalin Hyatt looked smooth running various routes during the drill and catching footballs from both Hendon Hooker and Joe Milton – as two quarterbacks went at a time.

Squirrel White – who can do no wrong at the moment – made a really nice adjustment in the back of the end zone on a ball that was thrown severely behind him. He stopped, jumped and completed a near 360 degree grab while keeping his feet in bounds.

Throughout the drill, where the quarterbacks weren’t bad but did miss on some throws (the field shrinks in the red zone), freshman wideout Chas Nimrod was getting some 1-on-1 attention from Kelsey Pope. The coaching staff praised Nimrod in spring for how fast he was coming along, and Tennessee needs options on the outside. Getting one (if not both) of those young guys ready is a priority.

The running backs were working pass protection this morning as that has been made an emphasis by not only the coaches, but the backs themselves. Both Justin Williams-Thomas and Dylan Sampson mentioned the importance of growing in that regard in order to be ready to play. The backs really struggled last season at times in that regard, and also in spring when drilling with the linebackers.

On the injury front, Christian Charles was once again sporting a red, non-contact jersey. He was still going through some indy drills while we were out here, though. Cheyenne Labruzza joined him today with a red jersey while Jaylen Wright continues to work off to the side with a trainer.

One other note, we did not see Kamal Hadden out there today while media was present for practice. He very well could have been working inside and waiting until later in the workout to come out for the rest of practice – or maybe he had a prior obligation. Or maybe we just missed him, but we’ll keep an eye out to see if he’s back tomorrow. The cornerback was, however, sporting a hefty brace on his right elbow at practice on Tuesday.

Linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary will meet with the media after practice concludes – we’ll call it 11:20am for now. Players who will meet with the media today will be defenders Tyler Baron, DJ Terry, LaTrell Bumphus and Solon Page.

First full pads on Sunday.

- Eric Cain, VQ

There’s nothing more awful than watching 3rd and long after 3rd and long after 3rd and long be picked up (usually from quarterback runs too). That felt like the biggest issue by far last year to me
Yes there is something more frustrating...watching us actually stop them short on 3rd many times, only for them to convert 4th and 1-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back