Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002…so they thought some playful mockery would put us back in our place. We were still a little little uppity about the Peyton/Heisman crap.
And we were just coming off a very near miss at 2 national championships in 4 four years. And, in the game immediately prior to that attack, we had just given MeatChicken one of the most lopsided beatdowns in their history.

Last edited:
Squirrel White – who can do no wrong at the moment – made a really nice adjustment in the back of the end zone on a ball that was thrown severely behind him. He stopped, jumped and completed a near 360 degree grab while keeping his feet in bounds.

200.gif

Its because when they aired a commercial totally disrespecting UT and its fans in August of 2002, they got major pushback and it turned into a bad publicity nightmare. They figured Tennessee would just roll over and take it and since we didn't, they've held a grudge ever since...
ESPN yanks commercial about Tennessee

Here is the actual commercial that aired.

I think it started before that, with the Peyton hypesman snub driven by them.

Pretty excited about this team so far. No team has zero holes. But linebacker (page being third is terrifying) and some injuries to O line could really hurt us. I want a ten win season so bad I can taste it. Tired of seeing the 2007 stat every year.
I’m with you man. 10 win season would be so much fun. It sucks having to play Bama and UGA every year though trying to get to 10 wins

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back