Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to stop using the comparison of where a guy gets drafted to his high school star rating. Where a guy gets drafted has nothing to do with HS star rating.

I really hope our D is improved. I been watching game highlights all evening. We was out of place so many times. CBs were suspect. Banks takes terrible angles all the time. Hardly no rush. And QB contain was atrocious. I dont remember it being that bad during the season but I'm sad now.
There’s nothing more awful than watching 3rd and long after 3rd and long after 3rd and long be picked up (usually from quarterback runs too). That felt like the biggest issue by far last year to me

People need to stop using the comparison of where a guy gets drafted to his high school star rating. Where a guy gets drafted has nothing to do with HS star rating.
You’re right, I’d much rather look at how many 4 and 5 stars teams that won championships in the last 20 years had. The “Blue Chip Ratio”’is real folks, data don’t lie.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder why we don't follow Saban's example and hire a bunch of "analysts" and then let them illegally help coach our players?

Seriously NCAA, have you ever considered looking into that??
Everybody does it, not just Bama. NCAA will make it legal soon. They do not enforce it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Turned on College Football Live and they were talking UT. They went on to harp on the defense and how they can’t just “outshoot teams”. Then they went on to call Hendon Hooker, Herndon Hooker.

The next segment they went on to praise UF as a dark horse and they will be “way better than people expect.”

Turned that **** off real quick. Garbage.
1659498951990.gif

Reactions: DarthVol1
Turned on College Football Live and they were talking UT. They went on to harp on the defense and how they can’t just “outshoot teams”. Then they went on to call Hendon Hooker, Herndon Hooker.

The next segment they went on to praise UF as a dark horse and they will be “way better than people expect.”

Turned that **** off real quick. Garbage.

giphy (11).gif

Good evening all, been very busy with the farm and work so haven't been able to drop in as much as Id like. Been reading a little and I can't help but caution some of you. We are in year two of a multi year rebuild. A 7 win season with an outside shot at 9 is probably who we are. We have some holes that could haunt us if things break the wrong way.

I'm going to try and take my father to a game this year. I fear I don't have many more seasons left with him. He started me on this journey....... I'd like to spend one last weekend with him on the hill. Haven't been with him in more than a decade. Hopefully finances and farm/work demand work in our favor. Go Vols!

You’re right, I’d much rather look at how many 4 and 5 stars teams that won championships in the last 20 years had. The “Blue Chip Ratio”’is real folks, data don’t lie.

That's correct. You can bet your ass that Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missou, and Vandy wish they would have had the Blue chip ratio that teams like Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and LSU have had over the last 20 years. Why??? Because no matter who the coach has been for any of these teams you generally WIN MORE GAMES. The end.

That's correct. You can bet your ass that Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missou, and Vandy wish they would have had the Blue chip ratio that teams like Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and LSU have had over the last 20 years. Why??? Because no matter who the coach has been for any of these teams you generally WIN MORE GAMES. The end.
Don’t forget Clemson, Ohio state, Texas, USC, Florida State…

Reactions: norrislakevol

Yep. Look at UGA. Richt recruited pretty good in his years as UGAs coach. Did he ever win anything really? Nope. Kirby comes in and recruits better than Richt ever thought of and what happens? 4 SECE titles, 2 SEC tiles and 1 NC in his first 7 years.

Yep. Look at UGA. Richt recruited pretty good in his years as UGAs coach. Did he ever win anything really? Nope. Kirby comes in and recruits better than Richt ever thought of and what happens? 4 SECE titles, 2 SEC tiles and 1 NC in his first 7 years.

Yes, but Richt still won a lot more games than inferior talented teams, and Kirby isn't the best on field coach by far, but he still won a natty because he just out atheleted his opponents many times.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Yes, but Richt still won a lot more games than inferior talented teams, and Kirby isn't the best on field coach by far, but he still won a natty because he just out atheleted his opponents many times.

Yep. If Kirby didn’t have all those 4 and 5* he wouldn’t have won jack squat. Just goes to show what elite talent will do for you. But this will be lost in some around here.

You keep saying all these cell phone types and I have to keep googling them. It is an I-phone 12 or something. Honestly, we had a much better camera at home but didn't want to take it on the trip. I wanted the majority of the trip to just be embedded into my memory. SO many people there were too worried about getting the right shot instead of just enjoying the beauty.
My wife is guilty of that sometimes. So concerned about getting a better shot, she can't even enjoy it.

Buried her this afternoon. Been a hard day for my wife and girls. They spent the day laying with her and giving her all the love they could before we had to let her go. We are all heartbroken. Even Winston is a little sadder than usual because his cat is gone.
View attachment 477090

So sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back