Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you wake up miserable, or does it build as the day goes along until you just can't stand it and have to share it with somebody? The FF would welcome you with open miserable arms.
You can’t apply for membership of something you’re already a member of, unless there’s a membership drive going on.

I’d be willing to wager all my likes (goodbye Frank’s annual BBQ invite), Weezie knows all about this and any of the debased ‘fun’ after the lights go off.
Well you just lost all your likes because I have no idea what Glitch is talking about.

And I'm afraid to google it.

I believe the rule is you can't have over 85 on scholarship who are enrolled in school. Presumably those three mentioned in the article left before the summer enrollees began classes. If they currently have more than 85 presumed scholarship players enrolled (I show 86 in a spreadsheet, assuming all of their signees are on campus), then one or more must be walk-ons until a spot opens up.

Posting often on opposing team’s boards and keeping spreadsheets of opposing team rosters?

We don’t judge, but you might be spending too much time on college football.

How is it that you use these strange terms I am unfamiliar with, yet I'm somehow the pervert?

My poor decision making that led to watching too many Seth Rogan movies in my younger years left deep scars on my psyche.

Well you just lost all your likes because I have no idea what Glitch is talking about.

And I'm afraid to google it.

Don't google it if you are at all worried about anyone observing your search history. lol

Remember when we thought receivers would be dying to play for Heupel?

😂😂😂

We better stop trying to act like we’re too good for Devin Hyatt before it’s too late (if it isn’t already).
I agree with this. I always thought we should have found a way for him to be in this class because of his brother and family. I know, stupid and naive reasons, but I always held out hope he would show out this season. I won’t give my reasons why I think he’s lagged behind since changing schools, but I will say that is one of the reasons, but not all. JMO.

Maybe Heupel should've considered a more proven coach and recruiter at the WR position?
U know ive pondered on that thought and I think they were trying to hire someone proven with a background.It took a very long time for them to circle back around on Pope.U hear alot of good things but like with Tate and then Ap saying if Burns was still here it may have been a diff story guys want results.Now if we tear it up this year then Pope can say "Hey this is what I did with these guys" until then he really hasn't proven anything.

I’m not trying to start an argument or anything but the statement that Ohio State has WRs going in the first round of the NFL draft almost every year in the last few years doesn't appear to be accurate at all. In fact, when I checked a few days ago I think before 2022 the last time they had a WR go in the first round was maybe 2008.

It's true that Ohio State signs a lot of 5-star WRs almost every year but it doesn't appear that they get that many into the first round of the NFL draft, for the record. I think 2022 was an outlier for Ohio State getting WRs drafted in the first round. Of course they're going to do everything possible to cash in on that but based on their recent history prior to 2022 5-star WRs go to Ohio State with an apparent ceiling on their draft stock, for whatever reason. jmo.

The NFL draft tracker site shows these as the first round WR going back to 2014 which is all they have. That's 8 years in a row and not a single WR from Ohio State in the first round.

Chase, LSU
Waddle, UA
Smith, UA
Toney, UF
Bateman, Minn
Ruggs, UA
Jeudy, UA
Lamb, OU
Reagor, TCU
Jefferson, LSU
Aiyule, Az St
Brown, OU
Harry, Az St
Moore, MD
Ridley, UA
Davis, WMU
Williams, Clem
Ross, Wash
Coleman, Baylor
Fuller, ND
Doctson, TCU
Treadwell, OM
Cooper, UA
White, WVU
Parker, L’ville
Agholor, USC
Perriman, UCF
Dorsett, Miami
Watkins, Clem
Evans, Tx A&M
Beckham, LSU
Cooks, Ore St
Benjamin, FSU

honestly, i was just talking out of my azz to some extent, so not surprised to get stat corrected by an old man

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
I’m not trying to start an argument or anything but the statement that Ohio State has WRs going in the first round of the NFL draft almost every year in the last few years doesn't appear to be accurate at all. In fact, when I checked a few days ago I think before 2022 the last time they had a WR go in the first round was maybe 2008.

It's true that Ohio State signs a lot of 5-star WRs almost every year but it doesn't appear that they get that many into the first round of the NFL draft, for the record. I think 2022 was an outlier for Ohio State getting WRs drafted in the first round. Of course they're going to do everything possible to cash in on that but based on their recent history prior to 2022 5-star WRs go to Ohio State with an apparent ceiling on their draft stock, for whatever reason. jmo.

The NFL draft tracker site shows these as the first round WR going back to 2014 which is all they have. That's 8 years in a row and not a single WR from Ohio State in the first round.

Chase, LSU
Waddle, UA
Smith, UA
Toney, UF
Bateman, Minn
Ruggs, UA
Jeudy, UA
Lamb, OU
Reagor, TCU
Jefferson, LSU
Aiyule, Az St
Brown, OU
Harry, Az St
Moore, MD
Ridley, UA
Davis, WMU
Williams, Clem
Ross, Wash
Coleman, Baylor
Fuller, ND
Doctson, TCU
Treadwell, OM
Cooper, UA
White, WVU
Parker, L’ville
Agholor, USC
Perriman, UCF
Dorsett, Miami
Watkins, Clem
Evans, Tx A&M
Beckham, LSU
Cooks, Ore St
Benjamin, FSU

Just for the 5* thing, it’s actually not true that they have a lot of 5* WR every year. The last couple of years, sure, but from 2010-2018 they signed 1.
Then 1 in 2019.
2 in 2020.
1 in 2021.

So over in the Benson thread they seem to be conceding him to Bama. Wondering if we focused too hard on elite receivers? Hopefully we get Seldon. Still not overly worried about the WR position, but things seem to be getting ugly quick. Still, biggest needs are OL and defense, IMO.

I have never done a single marijuana in my life. The Seth Rogan movies probably would have been a lot funnier if I had though.
See, that's the problem. Seth Rogan movies are not meant to be watched in such a fashion. You're not supposed to remember what they say.

Reactions: Glitch and KptVFL
Just for the 5* thing, it’s actually not true that they have a lot of 5* WR every year. The last couple of years, sure, but from 2010-2018 they signed 1.
Then 1 in 2019.
2 in 2020.
1 in 2021.

They're feeding off having two WRs drafted in the first round, but we have no idea how either will actually do in the NFL. Hartline is getting more credit than he actually deserves atm.

Posting often on opposing team’s boards and keeping spreadsheets of opposing team rosters?

We don’t judge, but you might be spending too much time on college football.

I used to have it automated so I could screen scrape the rosters into a database. Now I just do spreadsheets by hand for fewer teams. It's not that time consuming to copy and paste into a spreadsheet but you're correct.

Reactions: franklinpence
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back