Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I have it on good authority that Plowman and White literally take our athletes NIL money like school yard bullies.

Video from one of the recent recruiting weekends....

c39b199f-54ff-4643-8a54-f9b9ef88a015_text.gif

Don't think she likes those big upfront NIL deals so I don't think she likes getting big recruits
They're called recruiting battles for a reason. Might as well be an auction now. Do you not lose/win at auctions? Big semantics guys huh
It’s almost like you have no credible information to pass instead of recognizing we lost a recruit to their dream school you instead go with an incredibly ridiculous notion that Donde has the power to tell a business what they can and can’t do lol you realize how foolish that sounds right? That’s like some random person making Chick-fil-A become open on Sunday’s…I wish that were possible, but we have no power to tell a businesses what to do

I'll give her a hand:

The root word is "apparent", that which can be seen or known.

You neither have known, or seen that she has anything to do with calling NIL off, of even IF NIL has been called off for recruits at all. You just dump fuel on a bunch of irrational posters who are melting down anyway.

Kudos to you. Light the fire and watch it burn.
I feel strongly that DN are apparent.

Reactions: franklinpence
It’s almost like you have no credible information to pass instead of recognizing we lost a recruit to their dream school you instead go with an incredibly ridiculous notion that Donde has the power to tell a business what they can and can’t do lol you realize how foolish that sounds right? That’s like some random person making Chick-fil-A become open on Sunday’s…I wish that were possible, but we have no power to tell a businesses what to do

Yeah Spyre is totally separate from UT, you're right. UT doesn't even know they exist.

OSU puts WRs in the first round of the NFL draft almost every year in the last few years, and they pretty much win 11 games like clockwork. That's why they get those guys over us. If they are offering the same general levels of NIL compensation, why would they choose TN? If you're not in-state, a legacy, or someone raised to love the big orange, it's just a business decision.

Winning cures all. That's the bottom line.

I’m not trying to start an argument or anything but the statement that Ohio State has WRs going in the first round of the NFL draft almost every year in the last few years doesn't appear to be accurate at all. In fact, when I checked a few days ago I think before 2022 the last time they had a WR go in the first round was maybe 2008.

It's true that Ohio State signs a lot of 5-star WRs almost every year but it doesn't appear that they get that many into the first round of the NFL draft, for the record. I think 2022 was an outlier for Ohio State getting WRs drafted in the first round. Of course they're going to do everything possible to cash in on that but based on their recent history prior to 2022 5-star WRs go to Ohio State with an apparent ceiling on their draft stock, for whatever reason. jmo.

The NFL draft tracker site shows these as the first round WR going back to 2014 which is all they have. That's 8 years in a row and not a single WR from Ohio State in the first round.

Chase, LSU
Waddle, UA
Smith, UA
Toney, UF
Bateman, Minn
Ruggs, UA
Jeudy, UA
Lamb, OU
Reagor, TCU
Jefferson, LSU
Aiyule, Az St
Brown, OU
Harry, Az St
Moore, MD
Ridley, UA
Davis, WMU
Williams, Clem
Ross, Wash
Coleman, Baylor
Fuller, ND
Doctson, TCU
Treadwell, OM
Cooper, UA
White, WVU
Parker, L’ville
Agholor, USC
Perriman, UCF
Dorsett, Miami
Watkins, Clem
Evans, Tx A&M
Beckham, LSU
Cooks, Ore St
Benjamin, FSU

Yeah Spyre is totally separate from UT, you're right. UT doesn't even know they exist.

Do you wake up miserable, or does it build as the day goes along until you just can't stand it and have to share it with somebody? The FF would welcome you with open miserable arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back