Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is where VN is suppose to ask you what did she do instead of just telling us in your first post.

She’s got a history of not liking recruits receiving payment and nuking us because of it. What else would she have done? I don’t know the details that’s for you to look up. Obvious is obvious.

Oh lord Donde is back at it apparently. She just won’t be content until we’re below Vanderbilt.

close-door-the-office.gif

She’s got a history of not liking recruits receiving payment and nuking us because of it. What else would she have done? I don’t know the details that’s for you to look up. Obvious is obvious.
It'd probably be best to look it up before assuming and stating it as fact on our forum.

So she doesn't like NIL, even though NIL is in full effect and use at UT. So she is going to nuke the whole NIL process for UT athletes and effectively destroy donations to the university she is responsible for increasing donations too?
sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

The rollercoaster of thoughts on NIL has been all over the place and happening at the flip of a switch at any moment. Up...down.. up...down and at the extremes.

And Bass is hardly even here sitting front row on the rollercoaster haha
At worst people are catching up with Spyre. We are still an NIL big dog, we are still UT and the program still has tremendous momentum in every facet.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Alexa, read me the definition of apparently.
I'll give her a hand:

as far as one knows or can see.

The root word is "apparent", that which can be seen or known.

You neither have known, or seen that she has anything to do with calling NIL off, of even IF NIL has been called off for recruits at all. You just dump fuel on a bunch of irrational posters who are melting down anyway.

Kudos to you. Light the fire and watch it burn.

I just want to warn y'all now, if Mauigoa chooses someone other than Tennessee, I'm gonna go bat **** crazy and declare we're doomed, there is no hope, the sky is falling, this staff can't recruit, and any other crap I can possibly think of to throw against the wall.

I won't mean any of it, even though I really want Mauigoa, but I'm gonna do it anyway, just because.

Remember, I do not blue font.
You all ready are.... but we still love you.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Florida football: Four returning players no longer on Gators' roster (gatorsports.com)

Okay, I know someone already posted a tweet about this, but I was reading this story and what caught my attention is it says the gators are currently above the 85-roster limit and will have to trim some players. How the hell are they allowed to be over the 85-roster limit? Wouldn't that be some kind of NCAA violation needing to be addressed immediately?

I hope OSU sucks ass this year, and that Stroud throws 3x as many INTs as TDs. I hope Butch Jones shocks the world and leads Arky State to the upset of the millennium. I hope Michigan stomps a mudhole in their arse.

That's how much I hate OSU right now. I'm wishing well to Butch and Harbaugh.

Lol...what a post. I guess she was ok with giving $8 million to Nico only. Some of you guys are ridiculous...or trolls.

I know that the NIL is the way going forward but how long will it be before your occasional or just average fan tunes out. When you start talking about money and endorsements people want results and if those results aren't there, when and how does the tide turn. If you are paying somebody you expect more in general.

Here is an ugly side no one has mentioned, how long before the crowd turns ugly when someone under performs and is getting paid. I've never booed a college kid, nor will I, but Pro's are different, they get paid and many fans will look at the ones getting paid as fair game and I'm not sure how that is going to play out in some of these kids homes when that happens and mama hears here 18 year old kid booed or worse by the masses. That's something I don't think many young people will handle well in this day and time.
Booing your own team is classless, whether they are paid or not.

Unless something changes in the next few weeks, I unfortunately believe it will be groundhog day for UT once again... We get momentum with elite recruits, they trend to us, the excitement from both sides is there, but something happens and they pick the other school... looks like we are going to continue to be a day late and dollar short... We usually get one or two, but I think we may have already hit our quota...
A top 20 class is something we are going to need to hope for-- quit with the top 10 unless we start landing some of these big fish, who at this point, seem to nibble the line, but end up getting hooked and in the boat somewhere else.
We have a lot of talent right now and will hopefully have a good season this fall, so I believe it is going to take another season for us to start seeing elites pick us over the teams who live in the top 10...

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back