‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

NIL vs NIL...guess the Vols got out bid...part of the process. On to the next one.
Idk if we was out bid probably about the same offer but osu being his childhood school”Dream” school. That’s all it took. The fact we made it to the top 2 is most likely bc our NIL is pretty good. We made osu step up their game.

Idk if we was out bid probably about the same offer but osu being his childhood school”Dream” school. That’s all it took. The fact we made it to the top 2 is most likely bc our NIL is pretty good. We made osu step up their game.
It’s like ghost bidding on Ebay to make the winner pay more than it’s worth

Not surprising at all. Tennessee has sucked for the majority of these kids growing up. We are never going to beat OSU, UGA, or Bama until we can actually compete with the best. Those programs always eat first and will usually get any recruit they really want. Hate it all you want, but that’s the truth.

Hard to blame our staff here. I hope we can keep seeing positive recruiting momentum but honestly we need to have a 9-10 win year.

When is having the best QB of the class gonna get us some elite WRs. I do think we did all we could do here, think our money offer was bigger. (If not, we can’t afford to back track on this lol) But it was just a similar situation to the transfer that ultimately picked Texas. Kid just wanted to be at Ohio State.

When a kid like us rnough to say yes I want to be a part in bringing Tennessee back to the top. Like Nico did. Not every kid wants to work like that. No offense to Tate but he obviously choose the easier route for his own reasons. It's recruiting. Win some lose some. Worry about the ones that wanna be here

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
To be fair, why would you not go to Ohio State (other than playing time or system) over Tennessee? Ohio State has been a far better football program in recent history than Tennessee.

I guess we can take solace in that we were his #2 option. Perhaps some posters on another board that I am in are correct about Tennessee. Sprye over paid for Nico and now every player is going to want to make ~2 million a year or they won't consider Tennessee.

No they didn't over pay for Nico, he is worth every cent of 2m a year. What is wrong is when a WR thinks he is worth more than the guy throwing him the ball. Let's be real Tate is not Megatron. I'm not even sure he can best what Jennings or Malone did here

Lol. Ok man.

He ain't built for the SEC sounds closer to "he's garbage" than saying he's a good player looking for the easy way out.

I’m not sure if you’re aware of this or not but there’s plenty of good players that play in crappy conferences.

That’s a whole a lot different than straight up telling a kid “he’s garbage”.

You’re just making sh*t up as usual.

To be fair, why would you not go to Ohio State (other than playing time or system) over Tennessee? Ohio State has been a far better football program in recent history than Tennessee.

I guess we can take solace in that we were his #2 option. Perhaps some posters on another board that I am in are correct about Tennessee. Sprye over paid for Nico and now every player is going to want to make ~2 million a year or they won't consider Tennessee.
If everyone is jumping off a bridge why wouldn’t you? Some people like to blaze a new trail and others like to follow easy made ones. Nothing will change the college football landscape until kids stop going to 1 of 5 schools. He could have came here and had great success as well.

If everyone is jumping off a bridge why wouldn’t you? Some people like to blaze a new trail and others like to follow easy made ones. Nothing will change the college football landscape until kids stop going to 1 of 5 schools. He could have came here and had great success as well.

True but how much talent has Tennessee squandered in recent history? Granted, you can't blame Heupel or current staff for that and perhaps players should be paying more attention to staff than school but a lot of top talent has come to Tennessee only to flop since 2000.

BOOOOM! Oh wait.

nollywood-sad.gif

VN Store

Back