‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

The kid is definitely good enough for the SEC and will most likely stsrt as a soph for the Buckeyes. Any SEC team would make a spot on their roster for this young man. He chose Ohio State as it’s his favorite school. I do not have any problems with that.
I hope we have some (future) recruits whose dream is to play for the Vols.

No they didn't over pay for Nico, he is worth every cent of 2m a year. What is wrong is when a WR thinks he is worth more than the guy throwing him the ball. Let's be real Tate is not Megatron. I'm not even sure he can best what Jennings or Malone did here
We don't know if he's worth it or not. Nico appears to be very good, but it's a calculated risk, and one worth taking for us I think, but the ultimate proof will be in the pudding.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
When is having the best QB of the class gonna get us some elite WRs. I do think we did all we could do here, think our money offer was bigger. (If not, we can’t afford to back track on this lol) But it was just a similar situation to the transfer that ultimately picked Texas. Kid just wanted to be at Ohio State.

3rd best QB by rankings. But your point stands

No they didn't over pay for Nico, he is worth every cent of 2m a year. What is wrong is when a WR thinks he is worth more than the guy throwing him the ball. Let's be real Tate is not Megatron. I'm not even sure he can best what Jennings or Malone did here
The QB touches the ball on every play while a WR does not. QBs should get paid more than receivers.

To be fair, why would you not go to Ohio State (other than playing time or system) over Tennessee? Ohio State has been a far better football program in recent history than Tennessee.

I guess we can take solace in that we were his #2 option. Perhaps some posters on another board that I am in are correct about Tennessee. Sprye over paid for Nico and now every player is going to want to make ~2 million a year or they won't consider Tennessee.
Some really good players are not afraid to play for an up and coming football program and enjoy the pride associated with bing a part of being among those who like a challenge to acquire sometime which requires a little more effort. I like leaders rather than those who take the easy road. He made his choice and I will not question his decision.

Some really good players are not afraid to play for an up and coming football program and enjoy the pride associated with bing a part of being among those who like a challenge to acquire sometime which requires a little more effort. I like leaders rather than those who take the easy road. He made his choice and I will not question his decision.

Just curious - when the Vols are legit good again, will all of our players be ones who took the easy road and not leaders?

i didn't give my permission to use my post, im suing for stuff.

am i wrong though?
Smh this is the same people that was all over the thread 2 to 3 weeks ago saying how he’s Absolute stud.. plz just stop with the bitterness y’all sucks we didn’t get it him, I know bc I wanted tate too!!
Can we try having a little better character in these situations? Kinda gives us a bad look. If we stay positive and do the right things this might not be over. Still along way before signing day y’all.

I doubt it, but I think we will find out in the next 2-3 years.

You said you like leaders and not those who take the easy way out, implying that he took the easy way out.

But when the Vols are good again and they get a commitment, won’t you just consider those commits as non-leaders who took the easy way out?

You said you like leaders and not those who take the easy way out, implying that he took the easy way out.

But when the Vols are good again and they get a commitment, won’t you just consider those commits as non-leaders who took the easy way out?
I do. Do you?

I do. Do you?

Ok just to clarify one more time:

If the Vols were good right now. Like good good. And got a commitment from a kid. You would consider that kid to be a non-leader and taking the easy way out bc he didn’t pick a program that was “up and coming”?

Is that right?

Ok just to clarify one more time:

If the Vols were good right now. Like good good. And got a commitment from a kid. You would consider that kid to be a non-leader and taking the easy way out bc he didn’t pick a program that was “up and coming”?

Is that right?
I did not say that and you know it. Nothing more today. Goodby.

It’s pretty simple he’s always wanted to go to Ohio St but their NIL offer was subpar, they upped enough to make it competitive with ours (not as good) and now he’s going to his dream school.

1 he is not signed yet.

2. the last big time they DID sign and get one on campus left after one year. If NIL was the impact that has been referenced by our local NBC affiliate, then till he shows up for his sophmore season there the Nico factor could make the secondary recruitment interesting.

So I am going to not approach the edge of the bridge. Don't know a thing about the kid and what kind of a cultural fit he would be at either school. Pretty safe to believe he is physically gifted. There are other receivers that our staff can help excel.

I did not say that and you know it. Nothing more today. Goodby.

1655763790380.gif

If you’re not saying that kids who pick good programs are taking the easy road (thus when UT is good again our recruits would be taking said easy road), then what are you saying?

And Tate or any other recruit ? How do you know they are worth it or NFL guys signing the first contract ? You don't you never know until it happens
This. It's all a gamble. He could go there and bomb and come here and ball. He could come here and ball and go there and ball. Too many factors. It all remains to be seen. Wish he'd have taken his shot here but not sweating it at all. We'll get ours. My hope is that these players that spurn us watch us on TV and tell themselves, "that could have been me".

VN Store

Back