Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quantifiable proof? That’s the word you want to use lol this all from my statement that there is maybe 3 teams in college that have Bama and Georgia depth

Yes, a statement was made that can be measured. And measurable proof was given.

And to your second, bolded point... that wasn't the point to begin with, nobody said that. I said that most 10-win teams have 4-star talent, 2-deep. You said only UGA and Bama have that. Data was given to the contrary.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Yeah...cause that's not subjective. It's reviewable by anyone willing to look. What else am I going to use to discuss recruiting rankings...except for a website that does it?

Also again...I'm not saying they are similar to Bama YOU ARE (still for some damn reason). I'm saying here's the rankings, which just proves those teams have enough 4 and 5 stars on their roster to make up their 2 deep.

I'll rephrase the only point I made by asking a question.

Do Texas and UNC have 44 4 and 5 stars on their roster of 85?
You are not saying they are similar to Bama but you are willing respond back with ten other teams from my claim that depth wise there are maybe 3 teams in college football that are on the same talent level depth wise as Bama and Georgia…makes sense

You are not saying they are similar to Bama but you are willing respond back with ten other teams from my claim that depth wise there are maybe 3 teams in college football that are on the same talent level depth wise as Bama and Georgia…makes sense

That's not what was said...

We aren't paper-thin by any means, but a 10-win team usually has 4-star talent, 2-deep, at every position.

Realistically what team besides Bama and Georgia have that kind of depth?

There are 10-12 teams every season that have that kind of depth.

Then you took it from "How many teams have 4-star talent, 2-deep" to "how many teams have "Bama/UGA depth" which are not the same thing...

Completely disagree there is maybe 3 other teams that can match depth with Georgia and Alabama
There are at least 10-12 teams every year that have 4-star talent or better, 2-deep, at every position. You brought up Georgia and Alabama and now you're comparing everyone to Georgia and Alabama.

and we've been arguing in circles ever since. Happy Tuesday.

Yes, a statement was made that can be measured. And measurable proof was given.

And to your second, bolded point... that wasn't the point to begin with, nobody said that. I said that most 10-win teams have 4-star talent, 2-deep. You said only UGA and Bama have that. Data was given to the contrary.
Your “Data” is subjective how do you not see that? Your argument is purely based on recruiting rankings which had nothing to do with my statement

Oline and LB/Secondary are the question marks and where we seem to be thin or unproven... those will certainly determine our season this year... pretty simple. We get solid, sustained Oline play/coverage and can get off the field on 3rd and longs, we should do very well...

LB is an interesting group. Page, Beasley, Banks all return and played lots of snaps...production wise though Banks was the only one you'd really point to. Will we get anything from Perry or Herring or even Mohan this season? Cause even though Mitchell returns he was disappointing before his injury. So we have 2 maybe 3 guys you feel good about at this point...

Now the "edge" guys is probably the best group on the team. Roman, Young, Baron and then two of our most talked about additions in Josephs and Pearce...plus if you can pressure the QB you can really make a back 7 look better.

OL is just really unproven. Wright, Carvin, Cooper, and Spraggins ya feel good about but that's it at this point. Will anyone else step up?

Secondary is a huge ? for me personally. I really like quite a few of the guys based on size and where they were rated, but no one has done anything production wise yet.

That's not what was said...

Then you took it from "How many teams have 4-star talent, 2-deep" to "how many teams have "Bama/UGA depth" which are not the same thing...

and we've been arguing in circles ever since. Happy Tuesday.
Saying there are ten teams with depth similar to Bama and Georgia is asinine im sorry.

Your “Data” is subjective how do you not see that? Your argument is purely based on recruiting rankings which had nothing to do with my statement
He is using recruiting rankings because that was the original statement.

I didn't say "Most 10-win teams have good talent, 2-deep"

I referenced recruiting rankings, which can be measured, which is the data that he provided.

giphy.gif

LB is an interesting group. Page, Beasley, Banks all return and played lots of snaps...production wise though Banks was the only one you'd really point to. Will we get anything from Perry or Herring or even Mohan this season? Cause even though Mitchell returns he was disappointing before his injury. So we have 2 maybe 3 guys you feel good about at this point...

Now the "edge" guys is probably the best group on the team. Roman, Young, Baron and then two of our most talked about additions in Josephs and Pearce...plus if you can pressure the QB you can really make a back 7 look better.

OL is just really unproven. Wright, Carvin, Cooper, and Spraggins ya feel good about but that's it at this point. Will anyone else step up?

Secondary is a huge ? for me personally. I really like quite a few of the guys based on size and where they were rated, but no one has done anything production wise yet.
Mitchell played hurt to start the year, but he is proven from his time at Texas who apparently has great depth

Mitchell played hurt to start the year, but he is proven from his time at Texas who apparently has great depth
He is the player on defense that I am most excited to see. A lot of us on this site were bummed when we missed on some transfer LBs, but we haven't celebrated getting some of these guys back enough.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
He is using recruiting rankings because that was the original statement.

I didn't say "Most 10-win teams have good talent, 2-deep"

I referenced recruiting rankings, which can be measured, which is the data that he provided.

giphy.gif
I’m sorry but replying to my original statement with ten other teams recruiting rankings goes beyond a call out when you are questioning our depth

Reactions: dcantrell2009
Saying there are ten teams with depth similar to Bama and Georgia is asinine im sorry.

Yeah, probably why no one has said that bud.

There are 10-12 teams that have enough talent on their roster to have 4 and 5 stars in their 2 deep. THE END just remove Bama/Georgia, I get you mentioned them...but you phrased it in a way that wasn't absolute direct comparison to just them:
Realistically what team besides Bama and Georgia have that kind of depth? The only thing going against us is this schedule where we have to play the top two teams every year

You asked specifically for teams except for those two...but are now arguing about only those two, it's confusing.

Yeah, probably why no one has said that bud.

There are 10-12 teams that have enough talent on their roster to have 4 and 5 stars in their 2 deep. THE END just remove Bama/Georgia, I get you mentioned them...but you phrased it in a way that wasn't absolute direct comparison to just them:

You asked specifically for teams except for those two...but are now arguing about only those two, it's confusing.
Im saying those teams you mentioned do not come close besides maybe 3 teams lol regardless of “evidence” from high school recruiting ranking guru’s

Im saying those teams you mentioned do not come close besides maybe 3 teams lol regardless of “evidence” from high school recruiting ranking guru’s

But no one is disagreeing with that, is the point.

No one has said these 10-12 teams ARE AS GOOD AS Bama/Georgia. There can be 10-12 teams that have 4/5 stars in their 2 deep BUT still not be as deep/talented as Georgia or Alabama. And I'm not even saying all 4/5 stars are the same since rankings ARE subjective.

I mean...

Tennessee 2023 Football ScholarshipDistribution

Anyone that actually cares to or wants to can count the stars for themselves. McGill mentioning we're thin isn't at all crazy, especially when you consider that a good majority of our 4 and 5 star talent are young and inexperienced.
A good number of those guys are listed as three stars when they're actually 4 stars. Like Miton, Mohan, Joseph's, Pearce etc.

We are thin as far as having an Uber talented two deep littered with two stars, but you can't question the amount of experience returning. Otherwise we are way less thin scholarship and roster wise this year compared to last year.

Measure how we feel about the roster this year compared to last?

What group other than DB could we say we felt better about last year than this year? We also didn't know how good Theo could be. Still bring back all but two guys and two good transfers.

Can't say you felt better about the OL just because of Cade. Guys like Cooper and Carvin proved theyre good last year and other guys proved they can play if called upon and we bring almost all of them back plus Mincey.

Maybe you feel even about RB?

The rest you no question feel better about it because we bring back so much.

The tone around here would be better if we were able to land more guys in the transfer portal.

Going 7-5 will be an abject failure bringing back what we bring back. It would mean that no one developed, no one got better and it would be gravely concerning.

We should win 8 games minimum.

But no one is disagreeing with that, is the point.

No one has said these 10-12 teams ARE AS GOOD AS Bama/Georgia. There can be 10-12 teams that have 4/5 stars in their 2 deep BUT still not be as deep/talented as Georgia or Alabama. And I'm not even saying all 4/5 stars are the same since rankings ARE subjective.
Trust me im not missing your point it’s just a weak argument to prove that we are “thin” across the board when we are maybe thin at two positions

The difference is our schedule which is my point we have a tougher schedule then most every team in college football…that is your proof
No your point was that we weren't thin. Then it was AL and GA. Then it was the schedule. Then it was NC. Now it is the schedule.

No one who stating that we are thin said or even imagined that we don't have a hard schedule. I doubt anyone on this board at any time has ever thought that we didn't have a hard schedule.

The issue is we lack depth. Now consider that no will ever think in all of time that that statement means we have an easy schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back