The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

One of the MANY things I’ve learned here, over the years…blame everyone until you feel better. That’s a lousy response to a season like this one. How many school records did this team break?

Some of, if not most of, these guys will be representing Tennessee Baseball for years in Major League Baseball. It’s a good group of guys and they’ll be friends forever.

GBO!!!
Whenever we get 3 guys drafted in the 1st round next month, that will be a huge selling point for recruiting. The days of being an SEC doormat are in the rear view mirror as long as Tony will have us.

Oh yeah, Michael Jordan - world famous for his humility. Muhammad Ali, dude was very well known for NOT talking.

I'd argue the opposite.

I prefer the George Foreman and Peyton manning types. They just quietly go about their business and win. For every butthead you name I can name a humble winner.

I suspect there are several teams who are breathing a sigh of relief. The Vols probably should not have made it to Omaha last year, but they damned sure should have this year. Arkansas can tell you all about that. At any rate, the Vols are my team, win, lose, or draw. The Vols forever!

Last edited:
One thing I do hate about basketball and baseball is the postseason can make the regular season seem kind of irrelevant. Like we dominate the SEC, and Ole Miss just fell off a cliff and at one point was wondering if they even make Hoover much less a regional. And now they are 3 innings from making the CWS.

Reactions: volsagain
One thing I do hate about basketball and baseball is the postseason can make the regular season seem kind of irrelevant. Like we dominate the SEC, and Ole Miss just fell off a cliff and at one point was wondering if they even make Hoover much less a regional. And now they are 3 innings from making the CWS.

Heck, that’s what I love about it. Maybe not at this very moment, but leave the game alone.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yes sir! No doubt that we aren’t rebuilding, we are reloading for next season!
GBO!!
That’s the spirit !!! Now that my emotions are cooling off ,I’m thankful for the wonderful ride this season has been. This team restored my love of baseball after 40 years of ignoring it to work and feed my family. Now retired with time to kill I’ve hung on every pitch this year. Thanks to all ya’ll !!! PS
I don’t care what happens in college baseball from here on out but SCREW ARKANSES !!

Just passing thru fastlike because we shoulda saw this coming so what I have to say is likely been said. CTV is slow to react when it comes to jerking a pitcher. Tidwell on Friday and Burns today were left in an inning too long. Infielding errors that have been occurring far too much since the regionals didn't help again today. Hopefully CTV takes something away from this.
And 3 thru 8 batters going 1 for19,sure didn’t help the cause. Just an overall all around bad day, it happens

Beck - ?
Russell- Dickey
Gibert- CMo
Lipscomb- Maui ahuna
Lipcius - burke

Production will be matched in 3 maybe 4 of the spots depending on RF.

Gilbert's intangibles will be a question mark
If we land Skenes, I think he’s the starting C. He’s an interesting prospect because he can pitch too. So we could maybe have Dickey catch him when he pitches.

Beyond the intangibles, the tangibles will be pretty tough to replace with Gilbert too. He won the SEC batting title.

It appears that the SEC will get 4 teams to Omaha, A Conference of which Tennessee dominated.....

This tournament as all NCAA tournaments are is about Seeding...and Officiating. You still have to win the games, but the road is sometimes long and winding.

The problem I see is that the functions of proper seeding are not really based on anything except for Auto Bids and the rest is Eye Make up.

Am I complaining yes, but it is a problem....

Some will say RPI, some will say stats....It is just a dart board....we see seeding screwups in every NCAA tournament.

Next year’s team could be ridiculous.
Yep.
Dolly, Burns, Beam, Sechrist, Kirby, McLaughlin, Mabrey...
1st Burke
2nd Ortega
SS Maui
3rd Lawson
OF
Backus
C Moore
Stephenson
Catcher is the only question mark imo.
Taylor is capable behind the plate but he has to get better at the plate.
And you know we’ll have some freshman step up and play big, along with maybe some more transfers.
GBO!!
Edit...
I forgot about Dickey!

Yep.
Dolly, Burns, Beam, Sechrist, Kirby, McLaughlin, Mabrey...
1st Burke
2nd Ortega
SS Maui
3rd Lawson
OF
Backus
C Moore
Stephenson
Catcher is the only question mark imo.
Taylor is capable behind the plate but he has to get better at the plate.
And you know we’ll have some freshman step up and play big, along with maybe some more transfers.
GBO!!
Edit...
I forgot about Dickey!
I bet Stephenson gets drafted too high to come back.

VN Store

Back