The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Only 3 No 1 seeds have made it out of the Supers in the last 20 years after losing game one (9). This would have been an accomplishment alone....I thought we could do it...We are ok this is a building block for the program...
That is correct. three game series are difficult for all the teams and we were handcuffed by not having our pitching coach in the dugout today.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I will also say, I'm trying to be optimistic, but everytime things like this happen I question if I will ever see the Vols win a national title in any sport I follow. I'm not old enough for 98. Never have and never will follow WBB. Softball was so close in 12 and couldn't do it. I dont trust Barnes at all, Football still has a long way to go, and baseball after this team who knows whats gonna happen

The thing about 98 is it wasn't necessarily "out of the blue" because we were still a Top 10 team, but everyone thought Manning's senior year was THE year we would do it and we came up short. So going in everyone probably thought we'd have a good but not better year than 1997. And everything lined up, Honestly I think the 1999 team was better. For softball 2007 was worse, LV won the first game and the next 2, and in the 2nd game only lost 1-0 and had many chances to score and didn't.

So it's a bit cliched and people get tired of hearing it (including me) but it is true NCs are hard to win no matter how good you are. You have to be good if not great AND the stars just have to align. It really sucks in sports like basketball and baseball because there are more games and the seasons seems so much longer.

Undisciplined, Bratty, coaching decisions, choke job, blah blah blah...
This team is one of the best teams college baseball has ever seen, SEC regular and tourney champs, coach of the year, numerous all conference and all American players and even more all around good dudes! WE GOT OUTPLAYED! Nothing more, nothing less, it happens. It just sucks that it happened 1 win shy of getting back to Omaha.
GBO!!
💯

Some people just don’t know how to tip your cap to your opponent and accept defeat without playing the blame game. I’m not saying you have to be ok with losing, but there’s something to be said for giving the other team credit whenever they outplay you. Our program will continue to be great under Vitello. You don’t win 50 games back to back seasons by accident. He has built the culture of winning and big time recruits are taking notice.

I will also say, I'm trying to be optimistic, but everytime things like this happen I question if I will ever see the Vols win a national title in any sport I follow. I'm not old enough for 98. Never have and never will follow WBB. Softball was so close in 12 and couldn't do it. I dont trust Barnes at all, Football still has a long way to go, and baseball after this team who knows whats gonna happen

The titles are great for the record books, but so little of being a fan is actually tied to winning titles. So many of my best TN memories are wrapped up in events that never resulted in anything close to a title: being in the endzone when TN kicked the game winning FG in 2004 to beat Florida, Hail mary at GA with my brother, Being at LNS for the Wright State walk off HR last year, seeing Lofton drill a 3 at the end of game to advance us past a 15 seed in Greensboro, sitting in a monsoon in Neyland during the LSU game with another brother, taking my dad to his first TN football game, taking my mom and little brother to their first baseball game and watching the Vols win the title in Hoover. I’ll relish the day we win a title in any sport, but I’ll alway cherish the many, many moments that make me so proud to be a Tennessee Vol.

I never said we were a team full of bratty unsportsmanlike jerks. That's not my take. You're making stuff up now.

They do play with an attitude, which is great, but you can go Overboard with it, which they did.
That’s what happens when you reference another thread. Lol. I quoted a post that wasn’t the OP, apparently.

But you have to take it as a whole. You can’t be good with it when we win then complain because it costs us a game. This team has an identity, and that’s it.

Gilbert hurt us Friday. But his fire helped us win a lot of games this year.this was the post you originally quoted. That’s where I got it from.

The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

💯

Some people just don’t know how to tip your cap to your opponent and accept defeat without playing the blame game. I’m not saying you have to be ok with losing, but there’s something to be said for giving the other team credit whenever they outplay you. Our program will continue to be great under Vitello. You don’t win 50 games back to back seasons by accident. He has built the culture of winning and big time recruits are taking notice.
Yes sir! No doubt that we aren’t rebuilding, we are reloading for next season!
GBO!!

One of the MANY things I’ve learned here, over the years…blame everyone until you feel better. That’s a lousy response to a season like this one. How many school records did this team break?

Some of, if not most of, these guys will be representing Tennessee Baseball for years in Major League Baseball. It’s a good group of guys and they’ll be friends forever.

GBO!!!

One of the MANY things I’ve learned here, over the years…blame everyone until you feel better. That’s a lousy response to a season like this one. How many school records did this team break?

Some of, if not most of, these guys will be representing Tennessee Baseball for years in Major League Baseball. It’s a good group of guys and they’ll be friends forever.

GBO!!!
In that case, its your fault because you didnt report the game by smoke signal like you did in the past.

GBO!!!
66. You’ve made the baseball forum fun for many years. Thank you.

I don’t care how many Natties Vandy has or doesn’t. Lmao. They will never be on Tennessees level in anything. Ever. Period. Simple concept. This weekend just showed you the best team probably hardly even wins the national championship. Mississippi State wasn’t even close to the best team last year. Let’s be real. Our record don’t lie. People deep down know who the best team of the year will go down as. Let the little phony school hold their championship at the End of the season.
It sucks but you can’t be the best team if you can’t win in Omaha. Next week will be painful to watch.

If I’m a player, I’m coming back next year to get this f***ing taste out of my mouth, unless I’m not eligible. And I’m praying we cross paths with these ND scumbags again.

I never imagined my heart would one day get broken over the baseball team as bad as it has over the football program routinely for the past 2 decades of my life.

Anytime there is a disappointing performance and loss, there is always going to be fingerpointing and frustration. However, I want to thank the team and staff for an exciting and fun season. I haven't enjoyed watching baseball in a long time. This is a very special team. Thanks guys for bringing the fun.

VN Store

Back