The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

The middle finger and cussing at the umps.
See? Was it so hard to speak for yourself. Bravo.

So your take is we’re a team full of bratty unsportsmanlike jerks because Gilbert let his emotions get the better of him on one pitch and the celebration by Beck? Solid. Stick to twss and negavol praise. It’s more your speed.

This team plays with attitude. It’s what made them great.

Yep. I remember after Delmonico and the era of Todd "He Who Will Not Be Named" Raleigh going into each season hoping we'd make Hoover, much less a regional. And then that carried over to the hugely disappointing regime of Serrano.

I mean before TV got here I was thinking SEC baseball was so high level that I was afraid Tennessee was never going to compete for titles again.
Yup. Watching where LSU was. Scar going back to back. Florida winning it all. Vandy being a powerhouse(who would've ever thought those words could be spoken). The forest was so thick it wasn't even funny. But this program has finally gone through it and is on the other side.

All of the greatest in nearly every sport remained grounded / humble. Our beloved Baseball Vols were neither. Speaking of discipline at bat, I told my son they were so eager to smack one out of the park they continually helped the pitcher by playing golf instead of taking the walk.

Oh yeah, Michael Jordan - world famous for his humility. Muhammad Ali, dude was very well known for NOT talking.

I'd argue the opposite.

I will also say, I'm trying to be optimistic, but everytime things like this happen I question if I will ever see the Vols win a national title in any sport I follow. I'm not old enough for 98. Never have and never will follow WBB. Softball was so close in 12 and couldn't do it. I dont trust Barnes at all, Football still has a long way to go, and baseball after this team who knows whats gonna happen

Reactions: Bigbuckvol
Not true. The Braves motto last season was “We are those MFs”

The majority of great players/teams have some kind of arrogance or ego about them or they wouldn’t be great.

This.

And I'd argue that even the ones that maybe put forth more of a "grounded" persona in public, like Peyton Manning, probably were much different on the field; evidence by some of the thing he said with a mic on.

I will also say, I'm trying to be optimistic, but everytime things like this happen I question if I will ever see the Vols win a national title in any sport I follow. I'm not old enough for 98. Never have and never will follow WBB. Softball was so close in 12 and couldn't do it. I dont trust Barnes at all, Football still has a long way to go, and baseball after this team who knows whats gonna happen
Debbie is that you?

Yep and just because you make a change don't mean it will work. He could have put Joyce in and still given up 2 home runs. I know he wasn't available today and even if he was. Anytime something goes bad doesn't mean what ever you do will change the outcome.
Fair. But burns had done his job. That late, first sign of trouble it’s time for the hook.

Titles are very rare. Lots of luck involved. You have to enjoy success and the ride.

This.

And I'd argue that even the ones that maybe put forth more of a "grounded" persona in public, like Peyton Manning, probably were much different on the field; evidence by some of the thing he said with a mic on.
Peyton Manning was far from a choirboy. I’ve seen him get in people’s face during the game on national television. Usually he stayed under the radar with his emotions but he had a nasty side whenever he wanted to do it.

I don’t know about football and basketball. But as long as Vitello is here we will have a chance in baseball. And that’s all you can really ask for.

I just want to see one.
Fair. It’s rare though. And you have to enjoy great seasons that don’t end up with national titles. Conference championships and teams that set all kinds of records are nothing to scoff at. Look at our football team. I’d take a conference or tournament title in a second.

Undisciplined, Bratty, coaching decisions, choke job, blah blah blah...
This team is one of the best teams college baseball has ever seen, SEC regular and tourney champs, coach of the year, numerous all conference and all American players and even more all around good dudes! WE GOT OUTPLAYED! Nothing more, nothing less, it happens. It just sucks that it happened 1 win shy of getting back to Omaha.
GBO!!

This was a great group of players....Family

I am looking forward to next year....with the Transfer Portal, Recruiting and NIL.

If Tennessee even glanced at me I would commit in a heartbeat.

Knowing the CTV recruiting ability we are in good hands.

Have a memory like a Goldfish ---- Ted Lasso...

See? Was it so hard to speak for yourself. Bravo.

So your take is we’re a team full of bratty unsportsmanlike jerks because Gilbert let his emotions get the better of him on one pitch and the celebration by Beck? Solid. Stick to twss and negavol praise. It’s more your speed.

This team plays with attitude. It’s what made them great.

I never said we were a team full of bratty unsportsmanlike jerks. That's not my take. You're making stuff up now.

They do play with an attitude, which is great, but you can go Overboard with it, which they did.

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back