The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!
Sleep it off.

I disagree whole heartedly with HOW Vitello handled Burns. Sometimes its when you show up or the comments made that piss people off and label you
In the baseball forum this has been a discussion all year. Example would be the Notre Dame coach (commentators touched on it) pulled the guy and it was because he had struggled all game and got out of it. At some point someone will pop you. We got a run off the reliever on 1 pitch and never recovered. That’s the right call..

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!
No worries…I’m sure you’ll never coach a “team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks”. Stick to the keyboard.

ND started a guy who was a midweek starter and basically a reliever. We started our Friday night go who went like 8-1 with less than a 3.00 ERA. Totally different. Burns was dealing until the 7th. I can understand the argument to take him out after the first HR. Not before then.

Yes, and he was ahead in the count on the second one…and then throw a BP quality high fast ball. Freshman mistake.

Used to be? Whats worse, being terrible and not ever expecting to win anything, or being an elite team, in this case best in the country, and getting upset at home? I'd almost rather not be expected to do anything and surprise people than lose like this.
Nah I’ll take actually being good over being terrible. I had fun this year. Why would you not want that

So, who all are we projected to lose???

Beck, Gilbert, Lipscomb, Lipcius, Russell, Tidwell, Walsh, Joyce (possibly)…where does Sewell stand? Christian Scott? Seth Halvorsen?

Ask yourself honestly, if these guys were not wearing a Tennessee uniform if you would like these guys.
I have vendors all over the country who have no rooting interest with UT, who have gravitated to us because of the way we play. It goes both ways. The ones who don’t seem to like us are the ones who have been “passed” by us the last couple of seasons.

Being No.1 in the country 90% of the season....Winning the regular SEC and tournament SEC Championships....Getting the No.1 seed in the NCAA's and losing 2 of 3 to unseeded ND at home leaves a bad taste....Losing at the CWS is one thing but losing like that at home is another....JMO

Fair or not.....teams are judged on how they do in the NCAAT. By that measure, we didn't get the job done.

Lol.

I feel bad for the young men and the staff today. But…the joy of them getting to here is worth a day of hurt. I know they are hurting right now. I ain’t gonna pile on.

GBO!!!
I’m trying to stay away right now because of emotions, but I hope the AD sets aside a day for fans to come and show their appreciation to guys like Luc, Trey, Evan, Beck, Gilbert, Cam, Red and Joyce and the fun and memories that this team is leaving us with!
1D46A686-025B-4C23-8040-D3EDE84E7B45.gif

Made the mistake of checking Twitter to try to find Vitello’s quotes from the postgame, and I was immediately greeted with several tweets from the national media laughing at our guys, mocking them, and calling them classless. I expect this kind of stuff from opposing fans, but the journalistic unprofessionalism that is being displayed by some (not all) members of the national media right now just makes me sick

Made the mistake of checking Twitter to try to find Vitello’s quotes from the postgame, and I was immediately greeted with several tweets from the national media laughing at our guys, mocking them, and calling them classless. I expect this kind of stuff from opposing fans, but the journalistic unprofessionalism that is being displayed by some (not all) members of the national media right now just makes me sick

I just didn’t wanna hear Arkansas really..f*** everyone else…I hope they get put out now.

National media is unprofessional? Is the sky still blue?

Please go be a fan of another program.

This series was lost in the first 4 innings on Friday night. Had to have a better performance from Blade and from our defense in support of him there. He was our ACE and freshest ACE in the country at this point in the season. We also didn't play very clean baseball on Friday or today. Errors will get you every time. Sometimes it all falls apart and sometimes it all falls together. In hindsight we weren't playing great baseball the last 2 weeks.

I was 95% sure we would win today. This is a tough loss to take

I'm going to take a few days to grieve and get it out of my system, then turn my attention to next baseball season. With CTV, we will win a natty in baseball soon.

It has been a great year. SEC regular season champs (by an unheard of 6 games), SEC tournament champs (in dominant fashion). Regional winners. Hosted a Super. Consensus #1 ranked team most of the season. Talked about as maybe the best college team ever for months. Home Run records, etc. etc. etc.

This team proved last year was no fluke, and that CTV is building a perennial baseball powerhouse here. They told the world that not only has Tennessee arrived on the scene, we're here to stay.

These guys made me proud to wear my Volunteer shirts and caps. I won't forget this team.

agree....As the same Ump was behind the plate today....ND had an excellent game plan and we could not bust out today like we have in the past.....

We played tight. That happens sometimes when you are the favorite. Guys have got to learn not to press, especially when things go south. Still a great season.

Edit: added period (so used to mobile phones).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back