Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say we should be proud of UT leadership for contacting the SEC and media about the false reporting on ER and the baseVols. UT generally tends to remain quiet, but these drug and juiced bat insinuations have been an irritating topic for a while now. So kudos for making those calls and standing up for the players, who've been unfairly accused of many things.

Let's see if Sankey supports UT and responds publicly... and let's see how sincere the ESPN apology sounds. I'm guessing not very sincerely on both.
Sankey is Sabans bitch he won't do anything.

Oh
🤦🏻‍♂️…. One is a joke from random message board poster, and the other was stated as fact by a tv professional
I don’t think you’ve read my comments. We were talking about the guy who started it on Twitter. Yeah the media guys who broadcasted it to the entire world should be reprimanded

Reactions: ACvol3
Sankey is Sabans bitch he won't do anything.

I tend to agree. BUT Sankey is a political animal. UT has made it easy for him to sweep everything under the rug by not pushing issues. The ball's squarely in his court now.

The growing success of UT's sports programs and NIL, and the huge fan response to both, is giving UT its moxie back. UTAD is acting like a player again. Welcome back, UT. Welcome back.

There are pictures of Mrs. Mullen creeping on football players. The jokes are jokes but they are based on evidence that she is a weirdo. What evidence was ever shown to indicate that ER tested positive for PEDs? Zero. Just a canoe on Twitter being a canoe and then it was announced on television. The two things are not even in the same ball park. I don't think you have much of an argument here.
You really don't think the Mullen jokes (or myriad of other defamatory things we make up on here about rivals coaches and players) are in the same ball park?

Reactions: Volsdeep4
I tend to agree. BUT Sankey is a political animal. UT has made it easy for him to sweep everything under the rug by not pushing issues. The ball's squarely in his court now.

The growing success of UT's sports programs and NIL, and the huge fan response to both, is giving UT its moxie back. UTAD is acting like a player again. Welcome back, UT. Welcome back.
I need a good football season so bad. Basketball was OK. This fanbase with baseball has been so fun. But the moxie and swagger I expect to see when TN is where it belongs with football goodness nobody will want TN to win.

Just want to say we should be proud of UT leadership for contacting the SEC and media about the false reporting on ER and the baseVols. UT generally tends to remain quiet, but these drug and juiced bat insinuations have been an irritating topic for a while now. So kudos for making those calls and standing up for the players, who've been unfairly accused of many things.

Let's see if Sankey supports UT and responds publicly... and let's see how sincere the ESPN apology sounds. I'm guessing not very sincerely on both.
Direct Sankey quote on NIL:

“The membership of the Southeastern Conference has established expectations for conduct and sportsmanship that were not met last night nor today…Public criticism of any kind does not resolve issues and creates a distraction from seeking solutions for the issues facing college athletics today.”

I would bet my house nothing like that gets said this time despite both being public criticism issues. In fact, one is more legitimate criticism than the other, but I expect crickets.

Screw Sankey and screw the SEC.

1654354572044.gif

You really don't think the Mullen jokes (or myriad of other defamatory things we make up on here about rivals coaches and players) are in the same ball park?

Not in the ballpark with someone announcing on a nationally televised broadcast that a college student athlete tested positive for PEDs while having zero evidence to back up his statement, no.

The point was people were saying how horrible the arky fan is for making up a rumor. We make up rumors all the time.

The arky canoe is a canoe, but I was referring to the announcer running with the Twitter rumor and announcing it during the broadcast. Also, Twitter has a much broader reach and following than VN, despite VN being a far superior platform. Putting something like that on Twitter is not the same as posting here.

Not in the ballpark with someone announcing on a nationally television broadcast that a college student athlete tested positive for PEDs while having zero evidence to back up his statement, no.
The post you responded to was defending the random arky kid, not the announcer.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
The arky canoe is a canoe, but I was referring to the announcer running with the Twitter rumor and announcing it during the broadcast. Also, Twitter has a much broader reach and following than VN, despite VN being a far superior platform. Putting something like that on Twitter is not the same as posting here.
The poster was referring to the arky fan not being any different than we are sometimes, so that's why the confusion.

Reactions: SoilVol
The post you responded to was defending the random arky kid, not the announcer.

Well he is a canoe for doing that, but a message board running joke about Mullen's wife making out with football players when she literally kisses them before every game is not the same as putting out on a platform like Twitter with an enormous reach that a player tested positive for PEDs with zero evidence to back up that claim.

Direct Sankey quote on NIL:

I would bet my house nothing like that gets said this time despite both being public criticism issues. In fact, one is more legitimate criticism than the other, but I expect crickets.

Screw Sankey and screw the SEC.

Of course not. Sankey is a tool. But he's a tool who respects money and power. UT has a platform, strong leadership and an organized NIL team that's aligned from the state down. UT is the SEC champion in two major sports, FB is getting back on track and WBB is on the upswing. It's in Sankey's best interests to get behind UT at some point, whether he likes it or not. It's easy to kick a school when it's down in the gutter; it's counterproductive to kick a rising power.

We saw pics of her rubbing up on and smooching players. Jokes resulted from the reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back